MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

May Day Run to Hastings 7-5-2012

May Day Run to Hastings 7-5-2012 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] May Day Run to Hastings 7-5-2012 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

May Day Run to Hastings 7-5-2012

I thgt she said pub wasnt doing food Mayday??

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 22/04/2012 22:07  

Think it's gonna be a bbq if I remember rightly

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 22/04/2012 22:09  

Come on all you fellow southerners there's just under two weeks to go. I have 3 possibly 4 bikes riding into Hastings so far, lets have some more. Leaving Brighton area about 9.30am, let me know if you want to join us and will arrange meeting points.

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 25/04/2012 23:33  

Oh and don't forget the spare seat i have if your interested

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 25/04/2012 23:34  

will be heading round from Surrey is the meet still for 10 am at The Oakdene, Cheers

Update Reply
SPRINT56 @ 27/04/2012 19:04  

Hey guys, sorry not been online for ages.

Ermintrude is right theres loads going on all day on Monday. Also loads going on right the way over that weekend (Including the drum off on the Sunday 4pm @ butlers gap (the chess square in the old town) which yours truly is part of:)), Its well worth a walk up to the castle, loads of food stalls etc, and all the morris and drum groups from the parade performing onstage, the parade itself is pretty spectacular and well worth getting into town early ish for. it all kick off in the old town bout 10.15 (but always starts late) then breaks for a while bout 11.15 @ the jenny lind and some morrising occurs and the other performers are all partaking of local refreshment. then it heads off again bout 12 up to the castle for an afternoon of silliness til the jack is slain bout 3.30.

for more details see http://www.hastingsjack.co.uk/

And I can confirm that theres a bbq going on @ the stag but the kitchen is closed.

Update Reply
bagpuss1981 @ 29/04/2012 21:17  

Thanks for all the info bagpuss thats great, i expect i'll come along on Sunday to watch you strut your stuff at butlers gap. sounds as though there will be plenty to see over the whole bank holiday
Regards Dave!

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 29/04/2012 23:50  

Sprint - have spoken to Andy about this today, and as far as he is aware we are still meeting at Oakdene at 10am. He should be working on a route plan for meeting times/places soon.

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 30/04/2012 16:01  

Hi all. Just a quick post to say that myself and bill 306 will be meeting up at Elva Service Station by Sainburys in Hastings at around 10.00 and leaving about 10.15 for a leisurely ride up to the Pembury By Pass, where we will be waiting for the rest of the motley crew to appear. So if there is anyone else from the Hastings/ Bexhill or surrounding area who would like to join us and ride up you are more than welcome, will be more than pleased to see you. Also if there are any of you out there who would like to come along but are without a bike there are empty pillion seats available, if so give me a PM so we can arrange a meeting place. Regards Dave

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 01/05/2012 21:20  

Dave, am at this very moment working out route from here down and trying to sort places to stop for meeting and etas. What was the name of the other pub suggested for lunch?

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 01/05/2012 21:41  

Flamin Nora Sarah i've been to sleep since then, i can't remember what we discussed now , i'll try and get the old brain fired up to see what occurs, i'll see you at the Gamecock on Thursday i hope, did'nt say i would have remembered by then but hey you never know stranger things have been known to happen.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 01/05/2012 22:02  

Thanks Dave. The Mermaid keeps coming into my head, but might be wrong

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 01/05/2012 22:06  

Think you'll find The Mermaid is in Rye ???

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 01/05/2012 22:13  

Knew the name rang a bell! LOL

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 01/05/2012 22:18  

As bagpuss has posted there will be loads of food stalls etc + if the Turret is open i can thoroughly recommend eating there Sarah MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 01/05/2012 22:39  

Oooh, if we weren't riding I'd suggest a pub crawl until we find somewhere!! Sure we'll find a place to park our bums and fill our tums tho.

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 01/05/2012 23:10  

I'm within walking distance of home, well about 4 miles anyway sounds like a dam fine idea to me Sarah, have a few pints of Giggle Water He He !!.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 02/05/2012 18:16  

So, all crashing at yours then Dave!!

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 02/05/2012 20:01  

Got a back garden if you don't mind sharing with the foxes and badgers + the occasional bat that flies through

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 02/05/2012 21:01  

ok folks sarah and crew have finished sorting route whilst I fixing bikes tonight, a real group effort well done all....
I will post tmrw after converting file from MAC to PC lol.....
Be great to see so many BM members all together again. If you cant join the actual ride to Hastings be sure to meet us at the old pier shortly after 12-00 estimated eta in Hastings.
FREE LOLLIPOPS!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 02/05/2012 23:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email