MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Honda 800 Crossrunner

Honda 800 Crossrunner - Forums [Biker Match] Honda 800 Crossrunner - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Honda 800 Crossrunner

Has anybody got, or tried out the 800 Crossrunner? Ive been looking at changing my VFR for some time now and after many changes of mind, have found something I realy like the look of, and the reviews I've read. Im off for a test ride on Friday, just asking on here for owners views if anybodys got one. Cheers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2012 15:50  

Hi Slidy I've not heard of it, have you got a pic you can put on your profile? Let us know how you get on with the test ride, yea?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/01/2012 01:50  

Its basically the new VFR800 with a bit more suspension travel, high rise bars, and a more 'adventure' styling. The Crosstourer will be out this year which is the updated VFR1200. I do like the allround capabilities of the VFR, just after a more upright style for those long journeys, so hopefully the hunt is over! Mind you, I thought that with the Multistrada, the Tiger800XC, the 1250Bandit . . . . . . . .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 13:53  

Slidy, did you manage to try the Crossrunner if so what did you think?

Update Reply
Eltel @ 28/01/2012 13:37  

Yes mate, tried it out and was Very impressed. . . . Even to the point of putting down a deposit, and Im picking it up next week. It wasnt too hard a decision for me as I rode the long way up there on my VFR to get used to riding again - 2 hours between 3 & 5 degrees, and had the usual ache in my left shoulder when i got there. After haggling a little over part ex price for mine, I took her out and within 5 minutes had that 'thats what Ive been looking for' feeling. Its just that wee bit bigger than my VFR fi, which is good. Upright seating poisition is much better. More room for the pillion, which will please her. Minimal wind over the small(standard) screen, even at 100m . . err sorry Kph. I cant really let you know how well it handles after only 30 mins out, but on the few twisties I found, she was very smooth going in, and out of the bends. I think the wider bars make it a lot more sensitive, just the slightest push or pull will alter your line quickly, but not in an alarming way! and another plus was . . . I got almost the same in part ex as i paid for my bike 2 years and 14,000 miles ago on ebay!! The crossrunner was also around £2,000 cheaper than any others Ive seen, and £2,700 leass than new. As its less than a year old, with only 2500 on the clock, Im feeling as if all that waiting and searching for the right bike paid off!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2012 17:32  

That's brill news Slidy, let's hope this is the start of a very long love affair, with the bike of course. Thanks for the review, perhaps you can update this thread when you've ridden the bike more, see if you are still in love with it?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/01/2012 06:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email