MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New BM prices proposal

New BM prices proposal - Forums [Biker Match] New BM prices proposal - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New BM prices proposal

As many of you know, BikerMatch has been running for 5 and a half years now. In that time the site hasn't made money - in fact I've put in a lot of my own.

As much as I've tried to never increase the prices, aiming for a pound per week, it is of course impossible to continue like so - especially with the massive financial crisis we've all been going through. BM has taken the recession on the chin every year in order to help you, the members, through the bad times.

Now that we're coming out of the recession (slowly) it's time to bring BM in line with 2012 prices.

Since BM started up, the Consumer Price Index in the UK has increased 76.4%. Therefore I propose the following new prices...

Old Price New Price New Price /wk % change Week £3.00 £4.00 £4.00 33 1-Month £6.00 £9.00 £2.08 50 3-Month £13.00 £20.00 £1.54 54 6-Month £25.00 £30.00 £1.15 20 Year £45.00 £50.00 £0.96 11

As you can see, I have kept the price per week still below 1 pound for yearly subscriptions. The % change is minimum for the yearly subscription in order to encourage more people to be involved the whole year rather than just the summer.

And, as always, I'd like your opinion (as with all changes to BM). I know for sure there will be differing opinions on the matter, but for the long-term members here will an 11% increase (after 5.5 years, with 76% CPI increase) really affect you? An extra 10p per week more or less!

It will make a big difference to being able to promote the site in mags and online where the costs are increasing like in every industry.

Thanks
Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/01/2012 12:59  

Seems reasonable to me. I would make it £4.00 for a week, and £20.00 for 3 months.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2012 13:32  

Well i,v just rejoined, thought i'd better get in quick befor the price's go up so got it at the old price.
So thats why i'v been a bit quite for the last few weeks, some did notice and PMed me to see what was wrong but now i'm back

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 21/01/2012 13:55  

Hehe welcome back buddy!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/01/2012 13:59  

hey and ok thanks for the discount, i for one can understand the increase and think it's still good value for money especially for the longer membership so join now folks

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 21/01/2012 15:21  

XK - agree and updated prices above.

Nice one Bill, thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/01/2012 15:38  

Of course the site should be cost effective, Matt. You shouldn't have to add to the coffers. Price increases are inevitable.

(But thanks for the discount...just used it to re-subscribe :>>)

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 22/01/2012 00:13  

Keep with the times Matt, if ya gotta put the prices up to sustain the site then I can't see anyone having issues with it. Lookin at the prices above, it's still reasonably priced.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 22/01/2012 08:20  

New prices implemented. Thanks for supporting the site everyone

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/01/2012 12:56  

IMO still great value for money Boss Man

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/01/2012 20:36  

Necessary...but a blow for me! Being on a fixed pension ain't no fun.
I live on £142 per week and that is all I get. Last quarter the £13 for 3 months
ended up costing me £16.11. This quarter the price was £24.68, a rise of more than 53%; I know it'll be the last time I can justify a membership here no matter how good the service is. And if I can't meet anyone I may as well give up biking after 47 years.
All good things come to an end.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2012 16:38  

OJ - that is such a shame but we can't rely on someone else to subsidise our social activity.

If you make friends on here am sure they can keep you in touch with what's going on ...?

Personally (and I'm as strapped as anyone at the mo) - £1 per week isn't a lot for the sheer fun and good times to be got from this web site.

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 14/03/2012 21:02  

Yes, I'm sure you're right Riggy....but, for me, make that £2 a week. The same as my bike insurance......which tends to put things into perspective. Also, do the maths: There are 33,908 profiles as of today, if we assume that only 1% are paying members that comes to around £340 per day coming in @ £1 per day per member. Still....business is business and to think that the server operator is in any way a philanthropist is risible.
I ran four high speed 64 slot gaming servers for almost five years and it didn't come to even half of that!
I believe that there are 25% females here and 75% males.....the girlies get pretty much what they want in the way of offers of companionship. The blokes, by and large, get SFA. I'm long past my sell by date and know it.....£27 odd is an arrant waste of money. Let's not kid ourselves, at 63 I really should have known better than to even consider renewing my sub. I don't need the social aspect of this group, I came here looking for a soul-mate and
I can't see that coming to fruition anytime soon.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2012 22:13  

I don't need the social aspect of this group, I came here looking for a soul-mate Perhaps if you were a bit more sociable you might find one... Seriously, try going along to a few events, you never know, your soul mate just might turn up!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2012 22:36  

U right there XK....the more U put in the more U get outa BM..... OJ....we would luv U to keep the membership and see much more of you this summer here in Kent and elsewhere on ride outs et.....

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 15/03/2012 07:58  

I can only second and third the last two comments. Have been to only one event and have met some lovely people - of both sexes. The more you meet - the more others (their friends) you meet. A lot of my girlfriends (I use the word girl in the interest of flattery) want to pillion with me to see what all the fuss is about. Might have to invest in a mini-bus at this rate

Come on OJ - if you want 'value for money' get out here. X

Anyway - can't non-members still view the events and turn up to say hello?

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 15/03/2012 08:30  

If you did a poll OJ , you will find just as many members found their soul mate at events as on the web site

So why not double your chances & try an event

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/03/2012 08:34  

Quote XKLYBR: "Perhaps if you were a bit more sociable you might find one..."
Quote Shell: " If you did a poll OJ , you will find just as many members found their soul mate at events as on the web site. So why not double your chances & try an event......"

I'm a member of two Owners' clubs and regularly ride with them. I frequent a couple of 'bike friendly' pubs. I have attended every BM meet local to me since I've joined.....How much more sociable do I need to be?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/03/2012 14:50  

so oj as im new to the site can i ask you if you have been to all your local bm meets how meany good friends have you made ??? coz im on here for the same reason as you but if i can make some good friends insted i think thats worth the price also as for price i have just paid £61.odd for a year = £1.18 aweek i would spend a lot more going out trying to find my one and only and friends ;) so think its value for money

Update Reply
pedskull @ 15/03/2012 15:21  

OJ, do you approach any of the B M members, when you attend a gathering, and introduce yourself? I notice you've been a member for just 4 months and made 10 posts, which tells me that you've not really given it time. If there isn't an event in your area feel free to organise one, an excellent way of making new friends and meeting a potential life partner. Obviously none of us want to see members leave, even those who have partners, as this is a social site (or club as I call it) and we all have made friends here. I for one love it when I go to a gathering and see friendly faces and it's just as nice to see new faces. I realise that meeting someone special is narrowed down as we get older and the fact that we are older means some of us may panic a bit thinking we'll never meet anyone, however, as you have specific criteria for a potential partner to meet, such as being a certain size, you may find it even more difficult. I wouldn't suggest that you 'settle' for anyone but try to be a bit more flexible in what you're looking for in a partner and you may be pleasantly surprised. Standard members are welcome to all B M events but just think if no one paid subs then we'd probably not get any more members joining, then you'd further limit your chances of finding a potential partner. It's not so bad making loads of friends while you wait for your Ms Right-For-You to come along is it? Anyway whatever you decide to do I wish you good luck for the future. ATB Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/03/2012 08:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email