MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Scottish bikers? Are their any left?

Scottish bikers? Are their any left? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Scottish bikers? Are their any left? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Scottish bikers? Are their any left?

If your home for any we can arrange a ride down or up or across lol - seems like an absolute age since we were all together. I've stuck the dates on for lgposo in Stirling and few other's just need to see how your dates for work pan out. 'passport control..................' If that happens I may not get out of Scotland over the Border............ or the Scots may seize the opportunity not to let me back in again - a wild BOBKAT loose n abooooot roaming free in England mwaaaaah

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 20/01/2012 14:55  

Yeti passports now thats something worth seeing lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/01/2012 15:59  

Well if the SNP get there way we will be a separate country.....lol...I just want to know how he expects our country to survive financially....we have no industry, no fishing or real farming...we will never get the oil and e ven it won't last....

Who will pay for the welfare and the benefit cheats and all the child support..... Or will he go begging to the EU and we will get the Euro??? Be a hell of a day when we break the Union....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 16:41  

Also who is fecking around with these forums...why isn't this showing in the active topics....has someone decided its not worth viewing...has the mafia decided its not good enough lol???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 16:43  

It's the pirates Johnny

Dunno about Hadrian s wall as not many Romans down South these days lol

I do agree the day runs are not busy but most of the events on here are 2+ day events anyway. I find best daily runs is local mates or joining your bike club and going from there.

The other problem that you'll have the same as me is even when something is on sods law I'm working or have my daughter for the weekend.

I have an idea and I'll give it a shot and see what happens

Update Reply
madscots @ 20/01/2012 17:43  

I have never encountered that to be honest. I have 2 different groups I go on ride outs, a bunch of randoms I meet at the bridges and 1 formal club that adopted me so always something happening.

Update Reply
Edinburgh Saffie @ 20/01/2012 18:59  

Edinburgh and Glasgow will always have something going on but it's well over an hour away and at this time of the yEar it's good just to go for a beer like you get south?...Dundee used to have a bike club but as far as I hear it's just died away....

Be nice to have an 'Ace Cafe' type thing wouldn't it even if it was Edinburgh ...just a bit of a local within comfortable distance....I have done over 800 miles round trips for just a weekend...it is emotional in the pissing rain.....Tan Hill I rode up from Southern Cornwall to that it was that heavy bouncing rain all the way to the turn of the motorway....had to stop under shelter and dry bike ouT at one point as electrics were getting over whelmed by the water... WD 40 ..my saviour lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 19:15  

www.leadburninn.com is the main meet round here it sits on the way down to peebles. Sure they have bike meets every Thursday evening and the Lothian & Borders Classic and Vintage Motorcycle Club Bike Meet 1st Thursday of the month, 7pm onwards

Update Reply
madscots @ 20/01/2012 19:48  

best advice I can give you is look out for the other groups, I know scottish bikers have guys all over even up at aberdeen and the guys gets together, then there is the scottish biker meetup group that also organize events all over, fife motorcyclists , etc.. best is to look on the net for scottish motorcyclists and hook up with them and who knows we might even get enough people in scotland to start doing bm meets, you meet guys tell them about bm same as me and soon word of mouth goes around..

Update Reply
Edinburgh Saffie @ 20/01/2012 20:36  

be good when I'm at home and don't have my daughters staying over I just go out for a run, I'll go out in the morning and just trip for hours with no where really to go ha ha, I guess it is local knowledge that wins especially in Edinburgh area..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 21:06  

My main runs last few years has been through perth up over Glenshee to Inverness then down through Glencoe via Loch Ness 417 miles for a day trip

A trip to London from Edinburgh for fun in terms of mileage

Update Reply
madscots @ 20/01/2012 22:22  

Been on that route several times, breathtaking I usually vist the commando memorial at Spean Bridge to pay respects......there is a top b & b biker friendly and £35 a night, free use of garage and the two Hot tubs......

A good run as well but mind the roads if you go earlier in the year is around the North coast Cape wrath ways past Thurso -John O Groats -Wick then South on A9 but cut of at A949 to wards Bonar bridge - A836 then A9176 back on A9 at Evanton, takes you on the old road, a lot more scenic. Avoid the Bridge go towards Dingwall, Muir or Ord and Beauly before Hitting Inverness.....choice of Aberdeen Road or Down A9 towards Perth....it's a good route, just watch for fuel stops after Dinner time in the far North a wee bit scarce on the West

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2012 09:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email