MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Scottish bikers? Are their any left?

Scottish bikers? Are their any left? - Forums [Biker Match] Scottish bikers? Are their any left? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Scottish bikers? Are their any left?

Ok.....where is or is there a Scottish contingent on here? It is boring nothing happens no meets ride outs.....seems the midlands, Yorkshire, Brum are the centre of all biking in the UK? Need to move house lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2012 23:25  

Johnny dont let Bobkat see this!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeekkkkkkk lol

Update Reply
wenders @ 15/01/2012 23:51  

Obviously Johnny doesn't read the forums The Scottish Events Crew do a brilliant job in arranging rides out , day trips , long weekends and even biking holidays abroad . I think you have to give credit where it's due . Maybe you should arrange something yourself and see just how much effort has to be put into it . Then again , if you moved down south i'm sure they would welcome you with open arms

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2012 18:00  

:-0 ..... What r Katie and I ..... Scotch mist .... Pmsl :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2012 18:47  

Am back on the radar.... :)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 19/01/2012 17:48  

Can I be adopted?!! Live in the "Northumberland Borders" now apparently... Scotland is actually closer to me than the "Shires" and.. when I pass my test.. I'm allowed on those roads all the way up from outside my house too!! And.. I lived there 300 years ago!! And.. one of my favourite meals is haggis and mash and turnip!! And.. I have a purple kilt!! And.. I love love love Runrigg!! And.. unless I organise something myself.. not much happens in south of the sign that says "Northumberland Border County" Pretty Pleeeeeeeeeease

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 19/01/2012 19:25  

Rockchickilicious - you are most welcome lassie Johnnytb - Arran Spring Camp, Edinburgh Bike Show & night out, after one in Glasgow and one in Edinburgh. I've just added 4 Scottish rallies this week. The Gathering, Thunder in the Glens, Lets Get Pissed And Fall Over & Alba West. Madscots has posted one night ride out/stop over Inverness way. Spring is coming soon so hopefully more Scottish events. I'm hoping to get a regular meet arranged in the Ayrshire area to get events in place, ive got venue sorted out already. There are things happening, what would you like to see being arranged?

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 19/01/2012 20:13  

And it's the Scots who are organising 30+ bikers to Germany so gonna be a riot

Roll on 2012

Have to mind we have the best roads in the Uk but we don't have the numbers. We can't match the Southern groups for numbers but when stuff is posted it's up to the Scots to make it a go

Bring it on

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/01/2012 20:28  

Yes people, but let's not forget that the roads up here are rubbish... deep potholes everywhere.... speed cameras on every straight... greasy fish oil on every corner...... and elephants! Yes, bloody great big elephants that just wander out onto the road without warning! I would not advise any bikers to venture up here for your own good! Best to stay further south where there is safety in numbers....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 19/01/2012 21:17  

Good to see you back Tee Cee

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 19/01/2012 22:30  

Cool you'll be moving South then

dunno what roads you go on chap but where u stay is bad for both cameras and pot holes but that hardly covers whole of Scotland kid

Try wet cobbles during the winter everyday in Edinburgh as then a few pot holes around Glenshee is a picnic (been there 3 times since December for runs already). As for speed cameras if you can't stop in time ur going to fast simples

each to their own though

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/01/2012 22:35  

shhhhhh madscots!!! I am trying to keep the roads up here all to myself!! It is bad enough some of my fave Highland routes being published in biker mags without BM encouraging people up here too! Elephants, I tell you!!! HUGE BLOODY ELEPHANTS!!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 19/01/2012 22:54  

Ah nutz sorry My bad lol

Elephants more like mammoths mate terrible with big pointy teeth sneaking up on unawarez bikers I tell ya

lol

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/01/2012 23:27  

*snigger*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 19/01/2012 23:54  

Bollocks Katie, you know what I mean how often have we travelled all over middle England to get a decent rally....and I have organised things Crimmy....when I was in Cornwall....and ok it was a bit of organisation...but no dramas....

I am in Dundee nothing happening ...ever...and Katie, Karen, Jim...your the only ones we see from Gods country....if you want regular weekend ride outs....pub meets etc it ain't happening up here.......but happens south every week...

Of course if you know better let me know???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 00:00  

It's not the big weekends and rides to Germany, just the weekly camaraderie.....to many normal people around here..... Driving me nuts aaagghhhhh need a bike fix but back to work in a few weeks for a couple of months abroad... :-( no bikes.. I'm working abroad so miss a lot of the rally's and meets up in Scotland, but hopefully will catch some more up this year as have just got a new house in Dundee complete with garage....so will be in one place on my off rotation if I'm not jumping on Newcastle ferry to Europe to escape......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 00:00  

Dunno I think we have a nice "biking brotherhood" here, see the same guys everyday on my way to work same nod same shake of the head when the weather turns sour. I also find that everytime I go to the bridges there is a couple of guys hanging around having a blether.

And as Madscot said group of us riding all the way from edinburgh to germany woohoo!!

Prefer this time of year to be honest as I do not have to deal with weekend warriors making my commute even more dangerous and the ninja turtles with their matching leathers and bikes being too snobbish to nod.

In short plenty of bikers up here and loads happening use your imagination and try typing scottish bikers into google..you might even be surprised :)

Update Reply
Edinburgh Saffie @ 20/01/2012 12:12  

Been looking for years mate, there just isn't the same community up here....you go down south there are pub meets, weekend ride outs always something going on. Just dead up here, dundee is so bad the bike shops have all shut down.....one left and he has scooters every where now...only guys you really see now are a few going to work and home....of course mid summer the weekend warriors come out but there is still no community in it... Dunno is it dying out..or do people just not want that thing anymore that usually binds us together ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 13:41  

"Bollocks Katie" is that a code Johnny I DO know what you mean Johnny, I'm sorry if it sounded that I didn't, I am a bit frustrated as to to lack of interest too - you only have to look at the list for Arran, very few Scots on the list (I realise the cost of the ferry doesn't help). It is excellent that folk are coming up to support our events - it would be encouraging to have more local BM members attending. I honestly don't know what the answer is - I have met awesome people going to events & rallies in England, and will continue to do that. I originally joined to meet folk in my local area for ride outs, sadly that hasn't happened. Two people I messaged in my local area didn't even have the courtesy of replying. I'm going to go ahead with a mid Ayrshire regular meet up and hope it takes off.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 20/01/2012 13:42  

You know I would attend them all if I could unfortunately I am deployed on Anti piracy for 2 months at a time and then up and down the line to London etc on my off and courses as well but first free Time I'm always of to a rally somewhere...but as you say it's always down in Englandshire..

..if we get independence ...we need a passport then lol...they gonna build hadrians wall again lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 14:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email