MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Feckin cold!

Feckin cold! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Feckin cold! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Feckin cold!

Ask 'em if they prefer woolly or silky - or if they buy their own,or get the missus/partner/neighbour to buy them for 'em - or do they walk in the shop and shout for 'em loud 'n proud!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2012 16:52  

I only wear blue tights under my red pants........ Is it a bird ...is it a plane...ha ha ha ha.......more like Max Wall than superman though pmsl....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2012 16:57  

If you ask at maplins they can teach you or recommend parts to convert battery clothing into car plug, it's not hard then power it from the bike...simples and warm...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2012 17:03  

Lol @ Sandi.......mines not intermittent (those arent tears! lol)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/01/2012 17:50  

purplebetty wrote: Ask 'em if they prefer woolly or silky - or if they buy their own,or get the missus/partner/neighbour to buy them for 'em - or do they walk in the shop and shout for 'em loud 'n proud!! I dont see whats so funny ?! I have just this evening invested in a pair of wooly tights just because me thermals are crap! AND i bought them myself ...!

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 18/01/2012 00:12  

pmsl @ kwakgirl Q - whats the secret to toasty rally camping? A - invite a lady of a certain age lol

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 18/01/2012 01:00  

Well done that man - I will forever be full of admiration for you Chris - enjoy the warmth!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2012 10:34  

hmm you might be right with the handguards not going on your bike there chris just checked on the site and they list for the SV650 but not the 'S' but if you can fab a set of "deflectors"the effect will be about the same
its the "windchill" that get the old digits suffering

or heated grips are another option which i have a boxed pair of if your interested (free gift and too small for my bars) PM me if you fancy them

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 18/01/2012 14:03  

Ok, first of all I raise my hands and come out, then I'll explain why. Yes I wear those silk type thingy tights when riding in the colder months and sometimes multiple pairs depending on tempreture. I might even on occasions mix in a bit of the wooly ones. Now the reason. Being in the forces and spending a lot of time out in the cold environment do the warrie, we are taught early on about a thing called the onion layer effect. Basically, having and wearing multiple thin layers of clothing. These trap the air inbetween the layers and increase the thermal properties. It's also quite a cheap option because you don't need to spend alot of pennies on designer gear. Just cheap vests/leggins/tights/tops/gloves etc etc with have a great affect. As your body tempreture rises you can remove the right amount of layers to maintain a comfortable tempreture.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 19/01/2012 11:12  

Me mam always said to wear layers of clothing, and she were rait, bless her.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/01/2012 11:57  

Hey Bomb Doc - you get a tube of smarties for confessing - and really, like you say it's common sense and sensible - that's why we girls are soooo smart - cos' we've been wearing 'em for years!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/01/2012 21:24  

Chris wrote: "Hand guards : <-- Also like , but not sure they would fit on clip-ons: maybe a small perspex deflector on the fairing would have the same effect in the same way that Centurion's faired in mirrors work ? hmmm... " So.. cut out some deflectors out of an old screen, softened them over the stove, and attached with BlackTack (brilliant stuff) and voila ! Removable (for the summer) handguards ! (pics in me profile) Just need to roadtest them now !

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 21/01/2012 14:57  

oops .. should have said , softened them in order to shape them ..

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 21/01/2012 14:59  

now i back i can say yes i were womans tights, i use them for work the knitted type with feet in them they almost come up to my armpits (my wife who i got them of was quite a bit taller than me and i suppose they are a bit stretched by now) find them great for work the legs dont pull up and the back doesn't slip down, i have 2 pair one blue and one brown

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 21/01/2012 15:32  

I have worn tights before and more than likely will again in the future when out riding the bike in the more inclement weather. It was my ex wife who suggested i do so, she was spot on saying they would keep my legs and feet warm. Don't have a problem buying them, have had a couple of funny looks in the past, but HEY HO!!

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 21/01/2012 17:08  

I knew there would be some brave men, in touch with thier feminine side that would admit it ...

And NO SURPRISE to see one of em was Bill ... you should see him in his fancy dress with stockings

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/01/2012 18:05  

Typical - I mention smarties - and now ALL the men are wearing tights!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2012 21:36  

The offer of Smarties was to good to resist

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 21/01/2012 23:13  

''Typical - I mention smarties - and now ALL the men are wearing tights!!!'' PB, Think it's more a case as soon as one comes out the closet , more will follow cos the doors left open Cool smiley's BTW

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 22/01/2012 08:14  

Bomb & Dave - are you both sitting down, as this news may make you both giddy & dizzy : ASDA now do 300 denier in BLACK mmmmm, I use them under my leathers and they are toasty and silky . I would imagine they are a tad more manly than 30 denier (thickness) american tan numbers . You realise boys that we will want a fashion show of you both in your tights . On a more serious note a polo neck and a neck buff is also a good way to stay warmer

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 22/01/2012 11:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email