MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Vote: The future of profile photos!

Vote: The future of profile photos! (9) - Forums [Biker Match] Vote: The future of profile photos! (9) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Vote: The future of profile photos!

Buzz!!!!!! Thats 373683274593278948562389764293856243900008 slaps!!!! I dont break wind when others present tis not polite!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 25/01/2012 20:43  

I struggle with the acceptance of 'no profile picture' being acceptable. In my opinion, it allows ex members to come back using another site name after leaving the site (for what ever reason). In my book, that equates to deceit. Yes, I am aware that Mods check profiles and internet thingamagigs, but there are still some offending ex members creating new accounts and slipping though the net. Therefore IMO, every profile should display a current and clearly visible picture of the site member.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 25/01/2012 20:56  

You tell him, Wenders! Wendy is a very respectable lady, who has the decency to impose a 1 mile no-go exclusion zone around her house, whenever she has the urge to let rip!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 20:57  

XK!!!!! 3 miles exclusion zone and protective nuclear suits for all in a 50 mile radius

Update Reply
wenders @ 25/01/2012 21:09  

does that include tents wenders ??? lol

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 25/01/2012 21:13  

Well Buzz my little pink tent blew away at yorkshire camp acroos a field and ended up in the top of a tree soooooooooooo lol caution needed at all times

Update Reply
wenders @ 25/01/2012 21:19  

Standard members cannot initiate contact and can only reply to a few. The idea is that they then pay up and join.

The reason they can reply to messages is because paying members asked for that feature many moons ago. The point was made of "Why should I pay if nobody can reply to me except full members?". As always I listen to the masses and made a change so that standard members could reply.

If moderators see the comment "I can't pm so contact me and ill reply" then they will remove it. If you see such a profile, please report it because it's not allowed to do that (cheating the site gets my back up as you can imagine - besides, others can already see if they're full members or not, it says on the damn profile!)

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/01/2012 21:22  

is impressed the way matt , has all the answers , and they allways sound correct , apart from the " if you keep protesting your inocence we all know what that means" comment :)

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 25/01/2012 21:32  

"..and can only reply to a few."...? (Matt @21.22) Is there then Matt, a pre-set limit on the number of times a cheapskate, sorry, non-paying member, can actually respond then? Perhaps an idea then if the 'mods' do a check and see how many folk have 'cannot return nods' and similar wordings on their profiles to get around having to pay?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 21:54  

You don't get this kind of service or commitment at Marks & Spencers!! They don't let me decide where the overpriced but equally addictive smoked salmon is kept... Thank you Matt.. Be Lush

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 25/01/2012 21:57  

Gypseyspirit.. hellooooo The preset number is five.. I know because I slipped into standardom when I had no access to a PC and was quite bereft when I came back... Five is frustrating and I swiftly whippped out my credit card..

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 25/01/2012 22:01  

Hi Rockchick, hope your ok and all well?..smoked salmon..mmm! Anyway...regarding the 'standard cheapskates' just done a quick run through, and, there are 5 on site now telling folk they are 'standard' members and inviting folk to get in touch first.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 22:10  

Well I've come along way since the last time we spoke put it that way.. Nice to see you back!! In the defence of the moderators.. they cannot be everywhere.. all the time.. soooooo what I suggest is.. after slapping them with a wet fish.. the standards not the mods.. sending an inbox with the names.. sooo name and shame and oh Lord above if someone shouts at me because of that comment I shall cry lol

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 25/01/2012 22:17  

please just press the notify mod button on the profiles. The person you're reporting wont know it's you. Add a comment for the mods too about why you're reporting it. Then we'll edit the comment out. Too many people have that.

It's hard to search for that in the database. LOoking for "Facebook" or "email address" or "hotmail" is easy. Looking for "Standard" is gonna results in a lot of false positives.

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/01/2012 22:54  

Ok Matt, spotted a profile a few days ago that actually contained the guys full email address in his profile 'blurb'.....Anyway, will let mod's know of those I spot whilst onsite!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 23:13  

that should never get passed mods, unless it's a new profile we haven't checked yet. Definitely report them profiles please thx

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/01/2012 23:24  

I hate to ask this...But has a decision been made as to the future of profile photos? Can anyone enlighten me as to the outcome .

Update Reply
old red @ 07/02/2012 11:27  

A photograph of your self & friends ,with bikes (prefered) so what you see you could be expected to get .. is that straight forward enough for most people; thats my opinion folks ...

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 07/02/2012 14:24  

Rules now state

Your "Main Profile Photo" must show your face clearly. If you are using a picture which has your partner in it also, please make it clear which one is you, as some site names do not give a clue to gender. It should also be as recent as possible.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/02/2012 14:36  

Recent ???? you got your work cut out now

Update Reply
JP @ 07/02/2012 15:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email