MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Would you ride pillion?

Would you ride pillion? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Would you ride pillion? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Would you ride pillion?

Not for me I have to say, Like to be in control.

Update Reply
Gizzmo7 @ 16/01/2012 10:46  

I regularly used to ride pilly to the pub coz my lady at the time didn't drink. But man , that girl could ride a bike. She showed a clean pair of heels to a lot of guys. I was immensely proud of her. Of course I took a lot of stick for being a '' back seat hero'' . Did I enjoy it ? Nah , not much. Enjoyed the beer though. A couple of years back my bike was in the menders and I went to a rally on the back of my mates rocket 3 . It wasn't to bad , but only coz he was riding like a fanny. (the side cases were full of lager) lol. Ideally a pilly should be lighter than the rider . This makes it harder for them to steer if they brick it. Been there a couple of times , not nice. Another thing is , bike size . The heavier the bike , the smoother it rides . Would I like to be a regular pillion? Well, I'd rather be on the back of a Honda 50 with my mates than in the front of a car or on the bus.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2012 15:52  

Ok so I am new to riding, but its never bothered me going pilly,

Even now after passing my test I still like being on the back of Ian (XK DON'T SAY A WORD !!!) (or many words)

However I would have to trust them and that's something that's not easily done

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/01/2012 04:58  

would always prefer to ride if possible, but as i'm unable to at present, i am happy going pillion - especially now i have someone i enjoy pressing up against!!

just love getting out on the bike - full stop!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2012 10:28  

Dont ride myself YET !!! so i always go pilly.

Have to admit, i wouldnt just get on the back of anybodies bike, would have to be somebody i know and trust :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/01/2012 16:17  

Jackie - would you go on the back of Spesh?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/01/2012 16:21  

Only if it was on the centre stand with the engine off lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/01/2012 16:49  

I'll always prefer to ride my own bike but I quite like going pilly too; if you're a couple it can be quite a bonding thing IMHO :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2012 18:53  

Love going on the back with people I know and trust, love riding too though. Can't see me going off being a pilly any time soon, I enjoy it too much, but as I get more experienced in my own right who knows.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2012 18:56  

I can't see there ever being a point where i'll get fed up of going pilly but hav to admit being up front is definitely the best! Can't see me taking anyone pilly tho unless my 12 year old stays a tidge-dont think i could trust him not to scream like a girl tho LOL

Update Reply
mizzi @ 09/02/2012 19:21  

There has to be an element of trust before you go pilly on someones bike,especially when you have ridden yourself, having said that i would love nothing more than to get this crap with dvla sorted and ride again myself

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 09/02/2012 20:36  

I was banned from riding/driving for 6 months, a pal of mine , who i have bin on rides with suggested i ride pilly with him, hmmm never again i had doubts before i got on naa bad idea, stuff he was /was not doin mad me S**t myself,,, birds eye view an all that. made me realise just how deceptive riding skills can be if you catch my drift. The bottom line is i just did not feel safe...kevkool

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 10/02/2012 10:09  

never been a pilly, dont know why??? but I do like to have a pillly, I like a pilly on long runs, its nice to have a coffee with someone. With a pilly I think you tend to see more coz I have 2 life's to look after, My Kids have been pilling me from about 5yrs up and still like to get on the back at 22,14,11,. I also dont care how big or small they are as long as they have had fun thats what its all about..

Update Reply
highwayman128 @ 10/02/2012 17:40  

Would I Ride Pillion?? ~ Right this second I would give my back teeth to get on the back of bike and ride.. ride some more and keep on riding... Stirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Crazy is not the word.. and the need to forget about the crap of this week.. But.. No Ride.. No Pilly.. Guiness it is then

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 10/02/2012 20:14  

Allison, may i ask what crap is happening with DVLA?

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/02/2012 21:38  

I absolutely LOVE riding pilly - love the feel of the bike, the scenery, the freedom - everything! Has to be a trust issue too tho. I dont get chance to get out on a bike too often so if anyone is ever up for a pilly in and around South Cheshire - PLEASE message me! Just recuperating from surgery so will be spring I guess before I can get my leg over a seat!

Shaz x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/02/2012 13:30  

Just been reading through these. I have taken a newbie and told her every thing what was going to happen before i did it so as not to scare her, she loved it big smile when we stopped. I have taken others you dont even know they are there to them And the people who have fallen asleep on the back yes Bill you are one of them . But for me to go on the back Mmmmmmmmmmm ????? dont know about that one. Its the control thng.

Update Reply
Timeout @ 13/02/2012 15:26  

Your right I did fall asleep on the back of you Timeout so you mustbe safe, I would recommend your pilly to anyone

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/02/2012 16:37  

I have taken a newbie and told her every thing what was going to happen before i did it so as not to scare her, she loved it big smile when we stopped. So thats why you got there so late ?

Update Reply
JP @ 13/02/2012 16:53  

went pilly on my m8s (I have rode with him for years & he is an ADI ) was a total bag of nerves, just cudn't handle not being in control..........sorry m8!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 13/02/2012 17:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email