MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Definition Of Moreishness

Definition Of Moreishness - Forums [Biker Match] Definition Of Moreishness - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Definition Of Moreishness

Good Afternoon All. I sincerely hope that you are having a good weekend. If, like me, you are confined to barracks and need a little something to get the grey cells amingling..then please take the time to answer this question for me. What for you is just too moreish to put down? Be it animal, vegetable, mineral or other..what can you just not get enough of? Best regards and wishes... ..icey

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 07/01/2012 13:54  

What a excellent thread icey : Not sure if the order is right , however, this is what springs to my mind instantly without soul searching :- The first thing springs to mind makes me extremely pathetic indeed :- *MacBeastie , my bike - when i'm riding I just don't want to stop, I feel I could keep on riding forever. The second thing makes me a sleazy - **Vinnie Jones, I buy dvd's purely to letch at him . The third is ***laughter with good friends , you know that real belly laugh that makes your lips curl back like a baboon, when that happens I want it to go on for ever. The fourth is **** The first flush and anticipation of a first kiss when it is with the right person, oooh how you want that kiss to keep going. The fifth,*****is fresh Mango in Dominican republic, taste divine and is sooooooooooo delicious and juicy. The sixth is more addictive perhaps than moreish not sure ****** Tattoo's, I have more than on my profile now and am booked in again on the 20th ........... just keep want to add and improve the look of the ink. Ouchy but well worth it! Can't wait to see what other put down - come on don't be shy

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 07/01/2012 14:41  

PS crafty pants - you haven't told us yours! Come on dish the details iceybusa, we are waiting......................................... xx

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 07/01/2012 14:43  

Ooohh.....

First for me would be my bike too... the perfect road/ride is never long enough!!

Second would be New York cheesecake from Waitrose... nom nom nom

Third... SNOW... If you're too old for a snowball fight, you're too old for life

And, yeah, the thrill and anticipation of the first kiss. That's a real winner

Update Reply
justjerry @ 07/01/2012 17:06  

What for you is just too moreish to put down? Be it animal, vegetable, mineral or other..what can you just not get enough of? Hi icey For me it has to be Black Forest gateau even yummier with cream (St Ivel)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/01/2012 17:21  

Whilst this isnt something you can pick up and therfore put down...............it would be sitting by a waterfall in the moonlight, drinking wine and eating cheese with my special someone, having a good ole natter and laugh Followed by getting my leg over Hettie and going for a blast and hearing her engine just shouting for more followed by my grandkids, when i have a hug of them i dont want it to end followed by coming home after a crap day in work to my two mutts and getting loads of tail wags and happy doggie smiles P.S. depending on the day, mood, weather these are interchangeable

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2012 20:16  

Bike Music Choccies Cheezy Nachos Bird out of I.T Crowd Raspberry Pavlova Oh & nots let forget Mr JD & Miss C

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 07/01/2012 20:30  

Kissing and cuddling,

Giving AND receiving love/affection

Facebook

Update Reply
Big Fred @ 07/01/2012 20:43  

Ohh thats hard and in no particular order

1 My Iphone
2 Words with friends on my Iphone ..user name Rough1e look me up (hint hint)
3 Facebook (sad i know)
4 obviously my CBF1000
5 My OWN front door !!!
6 at the moment i am hooked on a TV comedy programme i have just found The Big Bang Theory

Update Reply
Roughie @ 07/01/2012 23:20  

Thank you Kat for an excellent first answer to my first ever thread. I guess i had better start at the beginning, the inspiration to the thread, share the zen moment of recognition, the object that spawned a eureka moment to break the ice and start my first thread, a... ..packet of butterkist toffee coated popcorn. Not exactly monumental i hear you say but nevertheless, it fed my ruminant need as it fed my belly. It was a bumper sized packet offering a source of sticky nutrition for many days to come but in reality, gave nothing more than a half hour of sheer gluttony and a prod to my present process of thought, 'what else is so moreish i could not put it down'. I did of course manage to put down it's bright and crinkly bag but as soon as my mouth was empty (sometimes before! it was) my hands were reaching for it again of their own volition. Having shared that with you, i had best progress to the bare bones of my moreishness and the body inspired by butterkist. I agree with you totally Kat, regarding that first kiss but would like to add 'a hug' as (quite literally) hard to let go of. One of my present sources of love is my cat and she is remarkably difficult to break free of when she decides that it's time for her twice or thrice daily snuggle and love. That hypnotic purring sees me muting the television to get more of it, her pummelling, whilst sometimes blood drawing and painful, renders my limbs and will to move immobile. Her soft blue eyes transfix mine in to those of a rabbit in the headlights. Mother nature calls me, she knows my name and draws my attention to the point where i just can't look away. From the marauding gangs of verbally abusive crows dancing in the empty skies to the manic searching of noisy pollen laden bumper-car bumble bees, i find i can stand for hours that feel like moments locked in the battle to retinally catch every movement. The dancing, reaching fingers of an open fire, it's oxygen fuelled flames licking and spitting orange plums. Whole nights can disappear drawn by the life and soul of the living flame hungrily devouring the hours like the logs that feed it. (One i'm sure you can relate to Kat) The appreciative mouths and eyes that smile and fuel the miles of selfless work offered to a loved one by them uttering the most simple of sentimental words..''thank you'' (for we all need to be needed). ...i am sure that i can and will come up with some more [/intended pun]

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 08/01/2012 00:03  

Icey, your cat looks well cool

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 08/01/2012 00:06  

Why, thank you very much sir (she's asleep on my outstretched legs as we speak.) Both she and i thank you... ..icey

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 08/01/2012 00:17  

Icey you write extremely well, I was sorry when I came to the end of your post. The descriptive words relating to the fire, and yes I'm a constant feeder of logs on my new multi-fuel burner. I to, can spend time just watching the flames curling around the wood. I have a rescue cat called, strangely enough, Harley, you do realise ofcourse that we are their pets lol. It is very comforting having his rhythmic purring. An excellent first thread hun

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 08/01/2012 00:26  

Hmmmm moreish things...................

Vin Diesel on a big bike.............hmmmmmmmmmmm

Guylian seashells........mmmmmmmmmmm

Expresso coffee and a Twilight choccy mint........mmmmmmmm

Hugs off my kids....................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A comfy warm bed on a cold winters day after a hard days work..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Walking barefoot in the grass on a summers morning,,,,,,,,,mmmmmmm

And last but not least, my new bike........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/01/2012 00:29  

Icey your post was just too moreish to put down...... Will you write for my kindle? "I love the birds singing on a fresh spring/summer morning........" Icey, can you elaborate on the bird thingy, to make it sound more interesting for folk to read Ann-Marie x Ps your cat is gorgeous!!!!!!! what doyou call her?

Update Reply
missme @ 08/01/2012 10:47  

Good evening Ann-Marie. High praise indeed. Thank you very much for your kind words. Whilst my rather out of touch (technology speaking) mind has no knowledge of what a 'kindle' is, i am still both as honoured as i am pleased that you should think me worthy of such a request (one to which i most certainly will comply) and will try to do you justice. "I love the birds singing on a fresh spring/summer morning........"...their melody of melancholy morse-code rising into the still air, air stifled by the floating speckled crimson mists of the day's evaporating dews. It's quiet crimson sun slowly rising and drawing back her mighty nightly veiled hood to reveal her full blood red smile, her happiness at the accompanying serenade of birdsong also destined to become a crescendo, wrapping the vista in warmth. Each bird like an SAS commando, expertly camouflaged and hidden from view, marginally belies their sanctuary with an individual narration of their accomplishments. Their operatic stories of survival, sung to their kinfolk in rhythmic proclamations of the worthiness of their bloodline, boosted by the value of their emergence from the dangers of the night. Is that the sort of thing you are looking for or is it too wishy-washy, vague and not concentrated enough on the birds themselves? It is only a few quick sentences though, so if you liked it but wanted/needed more, then i'd be happy to do so. I value your input and suggestions, so if you have a certain direction you prefer it to go in or descriptive style to use, then please don't hesitate to point the way. Or.. "I love the birds singing on a fresh spring/summer morning........"...their individual songs of auditory beauty but their collective, a complete orchestral masterpiece, giving reason more than mere morning tiredness alone to stay motionless with eyes tightly shut. The lone from the cloud, pitch of a choral blackbird calls, the plainest of birds producing the sweetest of songs, natures balance laughing in the face of the judgement of it's feathered books cover. The thick summers morning alive with the songs of the wild, potential partners calling for mates as prospective mates echoing their preferred chosen serenade, flutter toward it's source, expectant, more alive and with eyes sparkling in a springs induced anticipation and summers still rising sun. A summers sun morning, as mother nature slowly awakens, sighing gently through the rustle of leaves and bustle of awakening life, she sings melodically through the rhythm of the song hungry birds. You'll have to let me know if either of those are good enough or if you have a preferred angle. I am happy to hear that you like my ickle cat (bless her heart). Her name was taken from a science fiction programme and is a loving nick-name one of the aliens had for his mother. My cat is called 'Moogie' Nice to chat my friend. Looking forward to hearing you thoughts. Best regards and warm wishes... ..icey

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 08/01/2012 17:33  

Hi Icy, Good Lord!
Well, if I stand in judgement, that was a.... fair if not...erm, cough! cough!.... good attempt at describing bird song in the morning, however,please try better next time Wink! see me (as teacher used to write in my school books) A kindle.....I have just been dragged kicking and sreaming into the 21st century with this little device! First of all you need to know that I am an avid book worm and a book sniffer and always will be, and I never thought I would cross the line to electronic reading! well now I have a kindle...may i introduce to you the KINDLE ! OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!! back on topic.......my kindle is morish Ann-marie x

Update Reply
missme @ 08/01/2012 17:57  

Clotted cream.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !! Will only allow myself to buy it on v special occasions else I'd resemble a bus

Good thread, icey

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 08/01/2012 21:03  

Mmmmmmoreishness??

at first moreishness brings to mind nice nibbly food, sneaky things like Tuc biscuits, can't just have one!!! Or a nice spiced rum & coke, but apart from oral pleasures (ooeeerrr missus!!!) other things for me would be
*cuddles from my cats
*my warm snuggly bed, it's sooo hard to get out of it in the morning to go to work!
*Facebook....so bloomin' addictive!!!
*a long hot bath
* a proper good massage, always hate it when it ends
*sitting watching the sea - can just sit there and watch for hours

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 08/01/2012 21:12  

wow. This is amazing.

Love everything that has preceded this post. However - apart from a packet of Cheddars - very little surpasses the humble glory of the Haribo.

I am reduced to a withered, shrivelled lump of amoebic dust when faced with the might of the glorious Haribo. The jelly rings - oh what beauteous treasures. The promising curves of the mini egg. More. More. The splendid squidginess of those gelatinous e numbers melting on my tongue.

Oh Haribo. Oh Haribo. Thou art more splendid than a twilit summers evening watching the deep purple sunset dip down beyond the Welsh Mountains.

Yum yum. Now that is what Elgar should have dedicated Pomp and Circumstance to.

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 08/01/2012 21:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email