MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

ride out to barmouth (wales)

ride out to barmouth (wales) (7) - Forums [Biker Match] ride out to barmouth (wales) (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

ride out to barmouth (wales)

Hang on start by getting it right most of the eu stuff has already been chucked out as unworkable. MAG was good a few years back when thay would tackel the goverment head on but now thay bow to the goverment by holding there rallys demos on a sunday so it causes less problems for other road uses. now you give me any good reson to waste my sunday on a pointless effort that the goverment wont notice. When MAG starts to get there actions right by doing these things on a day when it will causes total gridlock to the capitol I will be there taking a loss in wages to do some good for all

Update Reply
JP @ 25/06/2012 12:56  

your right clarkee i was surprised at the number of people at Squires sat drinking tea while there was a protest ride just a few miles away, aren't they bothered what happens

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/06/2012 12:56  

This seems to be getting a bit heated. I'm sure none of us want to attack each other personally, some of us just believe that things need to be handled differently to create more impact where it counts.

If folk want to demonstrate on a Sunday that's fine. Equally if they would rather go out and enjoy each other's company and their bikes in general, that's their right too.

My own view is just that, my own, in that I believe no-one will sit up and take notice of even thousands and thousands of bikes occupying one lane of a motorway on a Sunday for an hour. The most you get is 15 seconds of fame on a local news channel - it needs to come to the attention of the major news channels which may mean MAG and members showing the commitment of lost time/money to show their strength of feeling on the issue.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2012 13:01  

Its not there not bothered its thay know it will do nothing untill its mid week at short notice so thay cant block it

Update Reply
JP @ 25/06/2012 13:04  

i just think that the fact we're there will show MAG and others that we are concerned and that maybe they may make an effort to get this sorted, surely any effort is better than none

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/06/2012 13:09  

I "could" go into a full blown "rant" here but I wont All I'm saying is : Those who sit and do nothing but belittle the efforts of those who make the effort Should examine their conscience's I just hope they are the ones who have "trick" bikes with lots of "after market" attachments on their bikes You can bet they will be among the first to "complain" when they are banned off the road If you don't participate in the "debate/demo" YOUR voice will NEVER be heard

Update Reply
Emzed @ 25/06/2012 13:11  

Just opened a thread in general chat about this, as I'd be interested to see the general opinion on here.

I'm with you emzed and Bill, and emzed, spot on with the trick bikes comment.

Everyone does have a choice but, there are those who would seek to eradicate that choice, left unopposed.

Update Reply
clarkee @ 25/06/2012 13:31  

It seems to me that if we do nothing, making lame excuses, then we can kiss goodbye to our Sunday rideouts.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2012 13:39  

Lame excuses? hope thats not directed at me

Update Reply
JP @ 25/06/2012 13:54  

You've got a poorly shoulder, not a poorly leg

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2012 14:03  

Ok folks new thread has been started for this, lets not ruin somebodies hard efforts on organising a great day out by difference of opinions :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/06/2012 14:41  

There just sulkin cus thay didnt get any icecream

Update Reply
JP @ 25/06/2012 14:57  

I agree with jp,I used to be a taxi driver doing runs to London,best time to hit 'em is 8.!5 Monday morning when all the "go home for weekenders" are trying to get back into work, or 4.00 onwards on Friday when they are trying to escape the shambles.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/06/2012 16:07  

Thanks to all those that turned up for the Barmouth run on Sunday and enjoyed themselves whilst we vaguely had some good weather.

Update Reply
Valerian @ 25/06/2012 19:49  

.......... should also add that Rocky (who organised this) says a big thank you to everyone who came

Update Reply
Valerian @ 25/06/2012 20:00  

Can you pass on our thanks to rocky for his work in this was good to meet him and see you again

Update Reply
JP @ 25/06/2012 20:34  

posted a couple of pics up if anyones interested

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 25/06/2012 22:00  

Thanks Ian that pic makes me look fat

Update Reply
JP @ 26/06/2012 07:39  

Must be his camera, I look fat too lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/06/2012 08:56  

I fitted a wide angle lens especially for you JP