MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New site logo idea

New site logo idea (16) - Forums [Biker Match] New site logo idea (16) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New site logo idea

Matt, is there an update on this topic?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/03/2012 08:45  

Unfortunately it doesn't seem so but as Matt is soon to have his op I can't see anything happening on this. Shame because I've had various people asking me about getting t-shirts to identify themselves at meets etc. but I only do the rally ones so looks like folk will have to wait for KISS as it stands at the moment :(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2012 09:03  

yea we're going with TeeCee's design.

My problem is - when I put the design into the header it looks quite tacky, even though the logo is nice. My friend is redesigning the whole header of BM to accommodate it and make it look better. At the same time we're gonna make the header more vertical so more people from the KISS photo can get on.

We could get t-shirts going I support with TeeCee's design??

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/03/2012 21:03  

No offence Matt but unless you delete the sites full name you won't be selling many site-related items. Out of the 3 logos, in T C's profile *album, I prefer the second one, logo on white. Which one are you going with? The Union flag one is a bit 'busy' looking. *Link to T C's album http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/profiles/gallery.a...albid=3432

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/03/2012 09:11  

Boss Man

If you let me know which on i can get a tshirt made up so you see what its like :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/03/2012 09:26  

I agree with Sandi, and everyone else who said it on thread, you won't sell them with Bikermatch written on them, folk just do not want to advertise a dating site. Looks like I'll be sticking to a KISS shirt or just get my own printed up with Boss Mom same as Shell does her own.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2012 09:30  

Sorry but as I said before I will not be wearing one with Bikermatch on it BM yes Bikermatch no

Update Reply
JP @ 09/03/2012 09:35  

Altho I'm not attending the B M K.I.S.S. rally I think it would be good to have B M t shirts printed, it would be daft to waste this opportunity. Matt, don't let this topic die a death, like it has so many times before. Keep on top of it yea?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/03/2012 10:24  

Didn't know Matt had made a final decision on this yet, but one variant on my logo has just the BM intials on it with no 'Biker Match' text on it which was intended to be used for t-shirts and merchandising materials. I will have my vinyl cutter and t-shirt press out this afternoon for another project so will try and knock up some examples of how the logo will look on products. Right from the start it was the intention to just have the words "Biker Match" on the logo on the website and NOT on any merchandising material such as t-shirts etc. Sandi - that link just goes to some 3D variants that Matt asked me to explore and were not final designs.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/03/2012 10:41  

LOL, Matt does that a lot, makes snap decisions, sometimes asks for an opinion first but before we give it he's made his decision. Impatient devil Now you've mentioned it T C I remember, re: BM on items for sale and full name for website. Soz Matt, I forgot. We'll have to be quick with this cos Matt has his op on Tuesday. (I will have to learn to scroll down a page, I missed all your other albums TC, LOL what a wally I am)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/03/2012 10:46  

wow i thought it had already been said 5 million times that t-shirts wont have the full name on - that's the whole point of getting a new design!!! :-/

The logo with biker match on is for the website. Without it is for t-shirts

Who can get good quality t-shirts made then?

TeeCee, are you able to design a nice t-shirt that has more than just BM on? Say something like "The UK's Online Motorcycle Network" or anything catchy you can think of.

True my op is coming up in a few days, what's worse is that I have no internet access after 5pm this evening until monday lunch time (after which i have one evening to clean up all outstanding emails and new stuff that's come in over the weekend).

So... maybe I could leave you guys to figure this one out without me? Would appreciate it, i've got too much on right now. Going with ...
TC's designvariable colours for whatever colour the t-shirt isnot saying BikerMatcha nice slogan on there100% cotton to keep Sandi happy (i remember last time lol) ;-)quality prints - not the kind that's gonna get messed up when you iron or wash it (embroidered or whatever you call it??)
I need to approve it before we go ahead of course

Thanks!

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/03/2012 12:13  

Yep, can have a go at a complete t-shirt design. Will have a go at producing some t-shirts this afternoon on my fancy new heat press. Will also show you some other examples of merchandising too...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/03/2012 15:13  

Have just uploaded some pictures on my profile of a sample blue t-shirt and an etched glass tumbler using the BM logo (in BM Merchandising Proposal Folder). Quite difficult to take a photo of the design on the glass tumbler as it curves around the surface and is not all visible in a 2D photograph. If I can find a black shirt tomorrow I will show a sample of the logo on a black background. I reckon it will look pretty smart with a red B and white M and helmets... Etching could be done on any glass object (pint glasses, ash trays etc). and I could also possibly provide vinyl graphics if there was a demand (like stickers but with no background). Would be interested to hear your comments.... (I think )

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 09/03/2012 20:51  

I'd be up for the sticker idea teecee if we can get them into production mate and a black t-shirt is a given

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 10/03/2012 20:47  

mate i'm loving the glasses!! :-D

And I also want some stickers for sure, they've been requested by many people in the past.

Can we put some writing on the t-shirts so people know what BM is about? Something like "The UK's friendliest biker site" (feel free to come up with your own slogan, i'm no good at marketing)

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/03/2012 13:39  

Matt, I dunno about the cotton comment, tho cotton is best, but I deffo asked if there will be VESTS or 'spaghetti strap' tops as I don't wear t shirts, tho the way I'm putting on weight I'll be wearing a bin bag soon. *wonders what the logo would look like on a bin bag*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/03/2012 13:50  

any update guys? Can I help now with anything?

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/03/2012 17:38  

Sorry Matt - have been busy moving house so haven't had much spare time the last few days. I can certainly produce t-shirts and mugs/glasses and even key rings and stickers. Will try and get some stuff put together and post to you to evaluate. Will also work on the t-shirt idea you requested with a graphic and slogan....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 19/03/2012 21:04  

Looking good gear Teecee, key rings, mugs, tee shirts, stickers..should all be popular items & help with BM recognition for newbies & outsiders at rallies etc....

Update Reply
old red @ 20/03/2012 14:56  

...and baseball caps, and wrist bands?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/03/2012 17:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email