MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Ages and DoB

Ages and DoB - Forums [Biker Match] Ages and DoB - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Ages and DoB

Many people have complained to me over the past 12 months that their profile does not display their age correctly, yet I've never been able to find the cause of the problem - with hours of tearing my hair out in a test/development environment. BUT - there may be light at the end of the tunnel thanks to Earthwind. When you enter your Date of Birth into BikerMatch (Either at Registration or when updating your profile) it sends off 01/02/1980 for example to a US server (The development server is a UK one). The US server interprets this as 2nd January 1980 - rather than 1st February 1980. HENCE - people have seemed to be older than they really are in their profiles. Ages often changing a few months earlier than expected. I've now resolved this issue, and would ask that if you were born on 1st-12th of any month that you do this...Press My AccountPress EDIT at the bottom rightRe-enter your DoB (Even if it appears correct)Submit the form. Obviously I could never pick up on this in the test environment as it was UK based and so the problems didnt happen then. Let me know if you have further problems. Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/07/2007 12:27  

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'if your birthday is between 1st and 12th' My birthday is the 26th but it changed my age as soon as the month began, so how does that work, if we are working on the assumption that it's American dating, E.G. month first date second? I assume I input my D o B as 6/26/58 if it's American, instead of 26/6/58

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/07/2007 20:46  

P S I've just been in to my account, to edit my D o B to American dating, and it is already entered in the U K format D/M/Y not M/D/Y Now I'm more confused than ever.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/07/2007 20:52  

well its worked i did wonder if that was it fantastic thanks matt

Update Reply
earthwind @ 01/07/2007 21:50  

yep ive changed mine to matt nooo probs what so ever cheers

Update Reply
RC @ 02/07/2007 04:42  

Offs kwak!!!! Wot's difficult about understanding that!!! If you were born on days 1 through to 12 of any given month then you need to change it on your profile, as you were born on day 26 of the month I don't think it applies to you does it!! You didn't need to change yours you dingbat!!!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 02/07/2007 05:25  

And you enter it in UK format, not US. Its the fact that the servers are in the US that caused problems (Was converted in the background when running the maths). I've corrected it, in that you don't need to worry about it - just enter your DoB in UK format. The 1st - 12th of any month is because there are 12 months in the year so only 01-12/01-12/YYYY matters

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/07/2007 07:31  

Di!!! keep your wig on lass lol I didn't have difficulty understanding the general gist, just the significance of the dates, in respect to myself, cos I have a problem with the site changing my birthday before the given date, my birthday is 26th NOT between 1 and 12. It still doesn't answer my query does it? Why it alters my age before I've actually reached it, if, as you say, it's already entered correctly.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/07/2007 08:09  

It changes in your birthday month, i told you that at the beginnig of your birthday month hun, when you first started on about it! So in your case you were the wrong age for 25 ish days!

Update Reply
Di @ 02/07/2007 09:55  

Hey 25 days is a heck of a big deal at MY age lol Cheers Di, I'll be 50 25 days early then, unless I alter my YEAR of birth

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/07/2007 10:43  

ah rollox - is it still wrong now then? There could still be one more thing - will look at it tomorrow as ive just got in and im nakard (Looooooong first day at work, then a p1$$ up with my boss!)

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/07/2007 17:25  

It's not that wrong Matt, it just seems to update your age at the beginning of your birthday month instead of the actual day of your birthday! It's nothing major that needs sorting anytime soon!

Update Reply
Di @ 02/07/2007 17:33  

No Matt it aint wrong now cos I've had me birthday, I'll just deduct a year when next June arrives, then alter it back when the 26th has been and gone lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/07/2007 19:25  

Update Reply
Di @ 02/07/2007 19:26  

yea, like I'll remember to do that with my memory lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/07/2007 19:36  

You and me both mate!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 02/07/2007 19:38  

Think I've FINALLY got it sorted! There was the US-UK problem with the reading of the DoB as well as the input of them, which is sorted now. Another problem was that for every 4 years there was a leapyear, and so making people older for some mathmatical reason. The final calculation, to convert your date of birth to your age (And it works) is... DayDiff= (Cint(DateDiff("d", DoB, Today's Date))) +1age = 0i=0do until i = 150if DayDiff > i*365.25 thenage = iend ifi=i+1loop Hehe, finally done it! This will make sense to any programmies out there.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/07/2007 14:43  

Quote Matt: This will make sense to any programmies out there. I'm so glad, cos it dint make sense to me, you and your calculations Is Matt short for Mathematician? ROFLMHO

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/07/2007 20:51  

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/07/2007 16:16  

Ok.... So let me be clear on this Matt.

The OLD system could be blamed for changing our dates of birth and so we appeared older than we really were... or thats what you said anyway. You have now fixed this problem.

Well thats just great! Cheers....Thanks a bunch. NOW when it says I'm about to hit 40 I cant blame to frikkin machine! Thats not good.

Update Reply
dazpants @ 09/07/2007 19:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email