MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Rallies.....would you go alone

Rallies.....would you go alone - Forums [Biker Match] Rallies.....would you go alone - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Rallies.....would you go alone

Well would you???? If you love rallying, there might be times when rather than miss out, you go on your own. I did it and had a wonderful time and met some wonderful people who I am still intouch with. It might not be everyones cup of tea, but would you go to a rally by yourself???

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 02/01/2012 13:49  

hell ye

Update Reply
kaycat @ 02/01/2012 13:56  

Good to hear that Kay. There are some that wouldn't and that is such a pity.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 02/01/2012 14:01  

If I'd been before and was confident I'd be safe...then no probs. Added bonus if you can get a pilly tho

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 02/01/2012 14:45  

hi peeps yes would go alone will have too this year as my old rally buddy gone unless i find another mate but as you say feeling safe, bit different for a guy still i'm shore if male bm members know female alone she would be looked after

Update Reply
apriliamad @ 02/01/2012 15:37  

I'm always happy to look after any female BM members who are alone

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 02/01/2012 15:42  

Yes because sometimes it's the best way of getting to know new people. I originally book to go to KISS alone, however as things transpired I was in company. I have taken holidays alone in the passed and always met at least one person that I got on with as a friend. There is something about the solitude of traveling alone and making your own decisions however it is also nice to be in the company of a partner or a good friend. This year I will be attending rallies on my own, but I know that you guys and gals will be there so I won't actually be alone when I arrive.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 02/01/2012 17:06  

Yep Never had any worries to date.
As has been said, you'll soon meet folks. Probably more so as you don't get drawn into a closed bubble of friends. And the thing to remember is that you've all got a common interest... bikes. So there's always an icebreaker right there.

Update Reply
justjerry @ 02/01/2012 17:26  

Yes, have done before and prob will do again. Just be prepared to say 'hello' first.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2012 18:22  

One time I went to a rally with friends who only wanted to sit outside tent all night so I went walkabout... met loads of people! I did have a few glasses of vino as I went but turned out great. Never been to a rally yet where folks aren't friendly and approachable so why not ?

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 02/01/2012 21:22  

It's easy for a bloke to go on his own but would guess no so for a lass, I would always look out for anyone in this situation and welcome them into our group!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 02/01/2012 21:57  

I have been to quite a few rallies on my own and felt perfectly safe. The only reason why I no longer do it, is because I no longer drink and find being in the company of pissed up people boring. I still go out and about on the bike, I still camp, but I don't go out down the pub (unless its to specifically meet friends, but they don't drink much either). Drunk people just annoy me to the point of wanting to commit physical violence on them.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/01/2012 22:12  

I have been going to rallies for the last 10 years , and always had a great time and felt really safe ! sometimes it can be scarey, but for me its more of getting lost getting to a rally than meeting the people, i will say though i do not do the big rallys, i only do the small rallies proberly max 4/500 people any more and i find that you need to go in a group or with friends.. I have never yet found a rally that has not excepted me and that here in the uk or aboard ! I have friends all over that i may see every year or couple of years but i know there out there in all the different areas that i ride and rally,its great to catch up with each season. x If you every feel scared take a depth breath - get merry and party someone will also join you - ride safe x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2012 22:16  

I've been to rallies on my own before usually smaller ones so have felt perfectly safe

I just don't do rallies anymore as they are just an excuse to get pissed

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 02/01/2012 22:21  

I have and i would again :)

Dont drink but enjoy the company and the craic you get with other folk.

Lads or lasses, never be worried about going to a rally by yourself, check the events pages on here, theres usually somebody else going, so send them a pm and meet up once there :)

PS. If its me, you buy the ice cream Lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/01/2012 22:30  

I go to most of the rally's on my own but know I will find friends there

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/01/2012 22:45  

Yup, have done and it's been great...ALWAYS meet good peeps

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/01/2012 23:04  

Mr Bill you are the official BM pitch saverer lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/01/2012 23:07  

There's always some good people to get to know .. I go to rallies on my own and like FG usually the smaller ones and always have a great time .. at KISS rally I was on my own and what a great time we all had, and making new friends .. xx .. I'd do pilly too but haven't been offered a seat yet xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2012 23:18  

Yep have done and will do again, though only if I know there will be people there I know, there usually is

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/01/2012 23:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email