MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

South West Members, where are you ?

South West Members, where are you ? - Forums [Biker Match] South West Members, where are you ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

South West Members, where are you ?

I'm trying to find out how many active members there are in the South West, as there doesn't appear to be much in the way of local events etc. posted on BM.

If you're in the South West please say hello & state where you are

I'm in west Dorset, not too far from the Devon & Somerset borders

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/12/2011 14:22  

Hello flat tracker 762. The homepage's map says... Quick Profile Search You searched for: Anybody aged between and within 110 miles of PL1 (All Profiles). Below are the results of your search. There are 2603 profiles over 261 pages. Might be worth looking through a few of the profiles and seeing when they were last active and then pm the active ones. It'll take a bit of time for sure but then the more you put in, the more you get out, so i doubt that it will be time wasted. Best of luck in your search... ..icey

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 27/12/2011 15:56  

flat tracker you could organise your own event, put it in the events forum and see if any of the members, who live in your area, respond to it. You could also venture further North, once the weather picks up.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/12/2011 20:34  

I posted this so that I wouldn't need to waste my time browsing icey, response to this would make for a more truthful picture of who, in the south west, actually IS active on this site ...lol ..... nothing yet eh ?

North Sandi ? .... Bristol ? Salisbury ? .... or even further from the equator ? ...lol I'm happy to, & do organise some events, but I, & others, put our time & fuel, in for free, I'll try to post an event or 2 (one's which are open to all-comers) after this xmas upgrade thingy is over, if it works & I'm able to post events, I'll subscribe :) .... enough said.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2011 15:20  

All the events organisers on BM are volunteers so they pay for their own fuel too. Come on you folk in the South West, get to these events and show your support of those who organise them otherwise they will stop organising them.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/12/2011 23:23  

Hey flat tracker when I organise anything I usually do a search and specify when the member was last active eg within the last 7 days. I've then sent a message to Matt with all the event details and asked him to send it to members within a set amount of miles from the venue that have been online within 7 days. Matt can do this way way quicker than we can lol. A personal message goes a long way and in my experience has always brought new folk to an event which is always good. Can be hard work (but no doubt you know that), but very worthwhile. Good luck with it

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 28/12/2011 23:40  

Blackberry - ta for that - interesting, didnt realise that Matt could do that. FT762 - As said you could organise something - can be a bit frustrating if people dont decide to come till the last min as they dont sign up so it looks like no one is going. Am sure that non full members might want to go to events too but cant say so (and may be too shy to just turn up). There is a fair smattering of events/ride outs in the southern area - sort of Southampton to London - might be too far East for you ?. Not sure of events your way or Kentish way I'm afraid. Not sure if that helps.

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 29/12/2011 02:36  

Flat tracker if you want to organise aomething your way, i'll help in whatever way i can :)

As Blackberry said, Matt can send a pm to folk within a set radius of your postcode quite easily, does help all folk including standard members to be in the know and they have the chance to reply via pm as Matt sends it from your account :)

BJ x

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/12/2011 10:47  

That's indeed true. When an event is on the events calendar, the person who started it (not just staff) can ask me to mail everyone within X miles of the event. I can do it instantly (ok almost instantly) and let everyone know about the event. I can make the message come from the event organiser too so that any replies go to the event organiser who can answer questions. It's a great way to get new areas up and running.

So... pick a cafe/pub, time and date. Add it to the calendar and I'll PM everyone within 80 miles or so to tell them.

I'm not going to be personally responsible for organising events all over the UK though. I don't even know much of the UK outside of Manchester. BM isn't my day job either, it doesn't even pay my bills. BM is a hobby for me and all the staff who help run it. The funds generated by subscriptions go towards the painfully high prices of advertising in magazines, facebook and google. Whatever is left over goes towards hardware, software, etc. If you think we can hire full-time staff to organise events you are completely mis-guided.

Any questions - give me a shout. If you need any help setting up events, ask myself or any member of the events team and we'll do our best. I hear Jackie has loooooads of time available to help

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/12/2011 14:45  

Ha ha, Jackie is gonna love you Matt .

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 29/12/2011 14:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email