MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

st 1050 battery

st 1050 battery - Forums [Biker Match] st 1050 battery - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

st 1050 battery

hi all , hope your all well and ready for christmas ?? can anyone recommend a really good battery for the above bike i would like one with high cranking amps , any advice would be great , cheers kev

Update Reply
mickyd @ 23/12/2011 20:02  

HI ,SPACE IS THE LIMITING FACTOR BUT I THINK THE BEST YOU WILL GET IS MOTOBAT QUADFLEX 14 AMP HR CC AMP IS SAID TO BE 200A REGARDS CHRIS

Update Reply
christof @ 23/12/2011 21:25  

and get a power comander they dont like sitting for long these trumpets

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/12/2011 21:27  

eh? A power comander is used to tweek the fuelling of a bike. An optimate or similar is used to keep the battery topped up whilst the bike is left for a while. Bit of advice given to me from the lads at griffin batteries after going in for yet another battery. Optimates (and other similar chargers) and alarmed bikes are not a good combination over a long standing period. They did explain it, all i remember is that the drain and charging are not compaitble with battery life. So if you are leaving the bike for more than a couple of weeks, take the battery out or disconnnect it and attach it to the optimate.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/12/2011 21:33  

hehehe yep your right optimiser is what I ment to say thank you for pionting that out Frag

i dont think a power comander would make it charge any faster either do you .

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/12/2011 21:36  

check out ODYSSEY batteries aint cheap but power beyond belief will be looking into one next time i need a battery

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/12/2011 21:58  

hi guys the bike is hooked up to an optimate but started and run on a weekly basis , come the better weather it will be in daily use but need a battery that i can depend on ? ride magazine recommend varta or odyssey ? any thoughts ?

Update Reply
mickyd @ 23/12/2011 22:05  

if you run the bike weekly make shure you run it at around 3000rpm for ten mins otherwise dont start it at all because starting it will take more enrgy than you can put back runing it . if you are alarmed you will need to leave it on trickle charge @1/20th of the battery amp hr rating. if you are not allarmed any good battery will hold 98 % of its charge for at least 6 weeks chris ,

Update Reply
christof @ 24/12/2011 00:07  

Have heard excellent things about the Varta batteries, this is the one that gets all the glory (if I recall correctly!) http://www.varta-automotive.com/index.php?id=292 And I'll not be getting a bike with an alarm again, the battery drain over just a month is bad enough. And slightly off topic... Mickyd, have you changed the Tiger for a Sprint then? How would you compare the two bikes?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/12/2011 00:38  

ODYSEY every time for me, Varta good brand but dnt use same construction as the Odysey does. If Odysey good enough for the SAS then its good fer me. Warranty on Odysey brill,they DO NOT self discharge like a conventional battery but wil of course discharge due to a current draw such as an alarm. Worth every penny of the premium price tag,esp on a bike thats not used regularly or has a difficult to access battery..

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 02/01/2012 10:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email