MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

woo hoo . a free xmas upgrade (is that you)

woo  hoo . a  free xmas  upgrade (is that  you) (6) - Forums [Biker Match] woo  hoo . a  free xmas  upgrade (is that  you) (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

woo hoo . a free xmas upgrade (is that you)

Welcome back to the site Arfur! Glad the free upgrade grabbed your attention and reminded you that BM are still alive and kicking - very much so

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/12/2011 14:48  

nicely put matt, im all paid up now for the next year , thanks for the code saving me 25% .. see you in chat sooner or later

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 29/12/2011 17:11  

Topic "Xmas Gift" merged with this one

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/12/2011 18:21  

Some of the comments on this thread have really me off. Why some people think they can get a free week and do nothing but complain astounds me. When I joined BM there was nothing much happening in my part of the country. For that reason I became a member of the events team in order to get some things arranged for people in my area. If there's nothing happening much around the area where you live you could do the same thing. As for the comment about paying to be a member then having to organise things yourself, get real!!! There are thousands of rallies every year organised my a multitude of bike clubs. The members of these clubs are almost certainly paid up members of their respective clubs and organise the events without being paid for the enjoyment of others. Why should BM be any different just because it's on-line and not a conventional MCC. With regards to appointing an events organisor for your area which you wrongly call a moderator, appointing doesn't come into it. Someone from your area needs to volunteer. The moderators, events team, and other site staff work hard throughout the year for the benefit of all the members. In doing so I have received a couple of abusive PM's, and I know that the moderator staff receive considerably more than I do. We don't get paid, we do it to make BM what it is and to meet some great people. If you can't find what you're looking for either organise something and get it on the calendar or stop whinging.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 01/01/2012 16:04  

i had to make the 100th comment .. and i dont think the 99th comment will be seen by who it was intended lol .. hiya simon 66 maybe see you in the chat room sooner or later ..

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 01/01/2012 20:44  

very well said Simon! Thanks for all your help

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/01/2012 01:12  

Simon he will be back next free week he gets and will do the same again he is just a to**er who will never be a paid up member. Matt I know that the free week brings in newbies every year but cant you be a little more selctive in it. Im sure the mods know the few that just wind folk up for free and have no intention of being payed up members.

Update Reply
JP @ 02/01/2012 09:18  

Well said Simon :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/01/2012 10:24  

I thought I'd gone a bit OTT with it but obviously not, although that was the heavily edited version of what I originally wrote as there were too many to start with; lol.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 03/01/2012 16:05  

Well said Simon and JP.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/01/2012 16:21  

JP i'm sure we can figure it out next time (valentine's day?). We'll have to make a list of who we don't want in next time. I already have a few names on my list :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/01/2012 17:47  

just aslong as you include , fairly busty , kind, funny,aged between 40 -48 and live within 5 miles of benfleet ,essex , female offcourse .....

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 03/01/2012 19:03  

How can you be selective with Newbies and reading this wont help them join

Update Reply
jabecs @ 03/01/2012 19:49  

Why should we have to put up with some freeloaders coming on the site just to wind folk up and cause trouble Matt know who thay are and will only exclude the few that dont deserve the free week

Update Reply
JP @ 03/01/2012 20:03  

Jaybecs I thought the same as you when I was reading this

Update Reply
drobess @ 03/01/2012 20:05  

Oh and as regards some members moaning .... I spoke to one in particular via a PM and explained a few bits about the site what mods do and don't do and suggested that maybe to start with just post a thread if they were able and see if anyone was interested in a rideout. (it they can't post have said they can pm me and I will do so on thier beahlf). Response was positive and they will give it a go ..... Its amazing when you speak to someone one to one how you can resolve some issues.

Update Reply
jabecs @ 03/01/2012 20:07  

Ok I will try to explain it better over last Xmas and this Xmas there were a few folk who got a free week and did nothing but bitch wine and moan that the site doesn't do anything for them we Tryed to help them but just got told by one the site that must entertain them and why should thay do anything others just came on and caused rows you know who I mean .

Update Reply
JP @ 04/01/2012 05:55  

Jabecs, the comments about excluding folk were aimed at those who were previously members, therefore not newbies, and contributed nothing to the site, in most cases, except criticism of the staff, the site and anything within it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Matt said: And thanks to all the members who regularly volunteer their time to make BikerMatch what it is today. Thanks for the appreciation Matt. My thanks also to all other members of staff.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/01/2012 06:52  

I think (not that anyone wants to know but i'll put my two pence worth in anyway)... ..that sometimes it's the actions of those that misbehave that highlights and heightens the worth of those that don't. It takes all to make a world and IMHO it would be a mistake to censer the invites Matt. Sometimes the adversary incites the Dunkirk spirit in others and word for word, feeling for feeling, the sum total of the good can be bettered by the inclusion of the bad. [/old hippy icey]

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 04/01/2012 11:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email