MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

woo hoo . a free xmas upgrade (is that you)

woo  hoo . a  free xmas  upgrade (is that  you) (5) - Forums [Biker Match] woo  hoo . a  free xmas  upgrade (is that  you) (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

woo hoo . a free xmas upgrade (is that you)

well cheers Matt think my comp will turn into a pumkin after midnight

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 28/12/2011 00:14  

hi flat tracker 762 ... you have not had your topic hi jacked ,, i started this topic , and yes i started it wiv bad grammar, if everything upsets you so much ,, go and find your topic that you started , the one without (is that you) .. The first post in this thread is by flat tracker, no wonder he assumed, as I did, that it was his thread. I assume Matt merged two topics? I have to agree with flat tracker in that he should have been told of any changes. I.E. moving topic. However flat tracker I have to say that I'm annoyed with your constant complaining about lack of events in your area, why don't you just sort one out yourself? Why do you expect others to organise events all the time and why do you keep complaining about some of the staff? Moderators aren't here to organise events for other members. We are fortunate that there are some members who have volunteered their time, and in some cases, at their own expense, to organise events. Some of those members just happen to be moderators. It seems like the Midlands / North are being 'favoured' when in reality it's just that they organise more events than other members in other areas. It's not a conspiracy to alienate other members. It's your choice not to travel a long way to meet fellow members so you can hardly blame them. It only takes one person, perhaps yourself?, to organise a gathering /meet up in your area, instead of complaining about it you could be organising it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/12/2011 10:30  

I suppose the fact that it quite clearly says/said "started by Flat Tracker 762" doesn't mean a thing eh ? .... It had disappeared form where I'd originally posted it on general chat / anything goes.

All I've done is asked a few rational questions, regarding how & why things work (or not work) the way they do on here, instead of rational intelligent answers, I get complaints, accusations & what appears to be semi-tantrums.... same as last year

If folk wish to pay money to do all the work themselves, whilst having their posts interfered with & words put in their mouths, whilst no-one can give a straight, impartial answer as to what they should expect to get in return, it's up to them .... I question everything, I'm neither a follower, nor a sheep. .... I guess that's why I've obviously been made unwelcome here. ..... lmao

Jabecs, you are a great ambassador for this site, such a shame you appear to be the only one I've encountered who hasn't let their ego run away with them ..... Keep up the good work, my dear & keep in touch :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2011 14:42  

All I can say is we tryed to offer you help and asked for local venues that could be posted on the calender and you were not interested as it our job to do this for you same as we are all to illiterate to use gramma and good spelling so in the end I gave up trying to help you as Im to thick and stupid to help you sorry if Bm dosent help you

Update Reply
JP @ 28/12/2011 15:00  

My free membership expires today so thought that I would cough up the dosh but damned if I can find out how to unless I have to wait for my free to expire. I know that I am a "technoklutz" but what do I do now?

Update Reply
Burnham John @ 28/12/2011 15:03  

Nice "about turn" there JP ....lol ..... I don't think skirting my questions & virtually calling me a freeloader, was all that helpful, you obviously do .... take it easy, it's not worth all the agro you're imagining mate.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2011 15:35  

make te most of it whilst it last

sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2011 15:52  

wonders if there are loads and loads of ppl down flat trackers way but are just pretending they live up north lol

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 28/12/2011 16:24  

hey, just wanted to sat thanks to Matt n crew for giving me a free 1 weeks upgrade, kind of you:) typical iv only just noticed on the last day mind! lol..so to all of my old friends on here i say hey n hope all is well, n to all i dunno i say hi n its nice to meet u..ride safe peeps..Peace

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 28/12/2011 18:26  

Hey Arf good to see your still about shame you only just noticed the upgrade hun... I'm sure the folks you know will either ost on here or PM you if they can

Update Reply
jabecs @ 28/12/2011 18:30  

ah thanx Jabecs, good to see u2..typical just noticing hey lol

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 28/12/2011 18:34  

Lmao, nice one Essex boy :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2011 19:37  

hey arfur, longtime no see hope you are doing ok xxx

Update Reply
drobess @ 28/12/2011 20:36  

Sorted yr duvet out yet, Arf?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2011 22:36  

Discovered the pressie with an hour left on it------- story of my life. (So hammered paypal----)

Update Reply
V8trikemids @ 29/12/2011 08:24  

ARF!!!!!! eyup matey how ya diddling? & as XK says - any more tips on putting that Duvet cover on??

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 29/12/2011 09:54  

We have't had any moaning today, great lets hope it's all finished with, i think the free membership was a good idea lets hope it brings more active members to the site

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 29/12/2011 13:07  

hi welcome jump in enjoy

Update Reply
kaycat @ 29/12/2011 13:42  

Multiple topics were merged because they were all related about the free upgrade.

Other topics on Christmas day were merged too.

And I'll have to do it again this weekend because I know 10+ people will individually start "Happy new year" topics.

It happens all the time and I don't have the time to contact everyone who posted in every topic to inform them.

Which topic becomes the "primary" one (topic title, ID etc) will be chosen by me. Unfortunately this can jumble up some of the posts and cause a little confusion, apologies. If more people took the time to check existing topics though that would cause much less confusion and also work for me.

Regarding events staff (not moderators - mods have NOTHING to do with events, not even the calendar).... if anyone would like to start a regular meet-up, pub visit, ride out, BBQs, whatever... feel free to just add it to the calendar. Anyone with a full account can start an event - you don't need to be on the events team. If you find yourself organising some good events and want recognition for it then tell me and I'll add you to the events team on the staff page. I'll even give you a free upgrade if you organise enough events.

It's a shame 3 or 4 people couldn't use their free upgrade this weekend to have fun instead of moaning and causing trouble. Luckily MOST of the 9,000 members had a great time and it looks like we've brought back lots of older members to the site. Excellent.

And thanks to all the members who regularly volunteer their time to make BikerMatch what it is today.

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/12/2011 14:36  

Merging the "1 week free upgrade" topic started by ArfurB

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/12/2011 14:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email