MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

eu directive.your bike needs no mot !

eu directive.your bike needs no mot ! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] eu directive.your bike needs no mot ! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

eu directive.your bike needs no mot !

Ross ... I would be reporting him to the local bobbies,

If his car is not roadworthy it would be a 'get out clause' that his insurance co could use if he has an accident,

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/01/2012 20:06  

Bike MOT's lol well i can only speak for this little part of the UK. MOT's are carried out by civil servants here - no garages do them. Due to H&S the bike test consists of.....test the lights.....put the bike on the side stand, wobble the front wheel while still on the stand with both wheels on the ground (he tells me this is to test for worn bearings! LMAO) test the brakes by rolling forward 2 steps with the engine off and applying the brake. Test over ....£22....thanks! in 8 years i have taken about 20 bikes for MOT here....one failed.......a ducati that didnt have a kph/mph dual readout on the speedo......feck thats so dangerous! just for the record the car test is fully automated and the car is "shaken to bits" on a ramp to test for suspension etc problems (and obviously to see how many bits of it fall off! lol)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/01/2012 08:25  

Have to agree with Karl that the only reason dangerous vehicles are on the road is because their owners put them there.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/01/2012 10:18  

Sorry i dont have time to read all the posts but just wanted to say that in Holland motorbikes are NOT required to pass a test. Only test I had to do was when i moved from the UK, they checked that my headlights etc were suitable for right hand drive.

Cars have to get a yearly test here but bikes do not. Weird eh, but suits me fine. I get it serviced anyhow and I expect my mechanic to find any faults.

And to be honest I've rarely seen a motorbike not in road-worthy condition in the UK or NL as bikers tend to take more pride in their babies than car owners

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2012 11:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email