MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What's the game where you knock on a door then run away?

What's the game where you knock on a door then run away? - Forums [Biker Match] What's the game where you knock on a door then run away? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What's the game where you knock on a door then run away?

I thought it was knockdown ginger

nope apparently in 2011 it's called Parcelforce!

Update Reply
Roughie @ 20/12/2011 21:53  

lol
i thout that just text it no

Update Reply
kaycat @ 20/12/2011 21:54  

Isnt it something like knockie-nine-doors?

Update Reply
Gizzmo7 @ 20/12/2011 23:46  

PMSL - Parcelforce. I had a similar experience yesterday! On the subject, we called it Red Apple, i dont know why!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2011 07:20  

I thought it was DHL Deffo a ginger involved ..... knockie ginger?

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 21/12/2011 08:59  

We used to call it 'Thunder and Lightening' in Liverpool. You thundered on the door and then ran like lightening!

Update Reply
Mark T120V @ 21/12/2011 21:51  

Knock down ginger for us in Manchester too :-)

But think the postman is in competition with your parcel force man for the title !

Ps thanks for the giggle this post gave me lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/12/2011 07:55  

excellent !! that made me chuckle

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2011 14:07  

Thanks Chrissie, you made me laugh - I had the same experience at the beginning of the week - it must be part of there basic training to tap softly and LEG IT! hehehe

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 22/12/2011 15:09  

Around our way we used to call it knock-a-door run. I think that just goes to show how imaginative we were!

Update Reply
BlueHornet @ 22/12/2011 15:14  

agreed our postman knocks then run like fk i think he,s in the wrong job !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/12/2011 21:25  

I recall the game but don't recall it ever having a title, I expect it did have but I don't recall it. The regular postie, on the street where I live, doesn't run but he walks very fast and he's always plugged into his MP3 so doesn't hear when called. I told him the addressee doesn't live at my address, he asked if the address was correct, I said yes he said 'I can't take it back, it's been correctly delivered' What?! lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/12/2011 08:08  

It's parcel force that does it to me.
When I was a child in Hull it was Knocking of Ginger but we would also tie a piece of string to the door knob with a milk bottle on the other end on a window ledge and knock, or some times tie each end to two door knobs on doors next to each other and knock on both doors. LOL

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 26/12/2011 12:42  

I don't remember what we! called it around our way when i was a lad but do recall that they! called it ''..get stuffed you little bleeders'' which, whilst not being particularly polite was not nearly as bad as the ''..i know who your parents are''

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 26/12/2011 14:08  

i don't know - i was a virtuous child...........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/12/2011 14:16  

Knock and Run round here. Talking of knocking....what's all this unappreciative slagging off of Parcelforce, your Postmen/women and other courier firms ??????.

In my 23rd year with Royal Mail now. I have been a Postie for the majority of it but, done Parcel delivery as well. We do a fantastic job for a generally ungrateful public, who don't deserve the service they get. You should see the stuff that has been through our delivery office in the last few weeks !.
Oh, but most of you are still in bed when the work is getting done. Still in bed when the parcel mans calls in his van. loaded with hundreds of parcels, which have to be delivered in his shift time, because his bosses have been told to cut the overtime payments out.
Then he is stood on "your" step losing valuable time, while "you"

1) can't find your dressing gown/slippers
2) can't find your glasses
3) have to put the dog in the kitchen
4) are unwilling to finish your phonecall
5) look gormlessley through the door, unable to recognise the uniform/van
6) Need to take the cake out of the oven
7) shout from the toilet "who is it?.
8) can't find your keys
9)just can't be "arsed" to get a wriggle on etc etc

Then ask "what is it?", when YOU bloody ordered it???. Give us a break!!!!.
Some of the Courier firms are on owner driver contracts and have to deliver 70 parcels each day BEFORE they start making any money/bonus payments to cover thier costs. We are talking just a few pence each item.
Duhrrrr, maybe thats why they don't hang around waiting for you lot to, finally, answer the door ???

Probably have families to feed and bills to pay too.
Try delivering 70 parcels and see how long it takes

As for wrongly addressed letters, Royal Mail are obliged by law to deliver mail "as addressed". Your Postie probably knows who lives at your address if he is your regular. He probably knows if a letter is for a previous occupier etc, but, he HAS to deliver the letter by law, or possibly/probably lose his job. The mail is regarded as "The Queens Mail" until it is delivered to you and for that reason, your Postie is not "obliged" to take any mail wrongly addressed/delivered back, from you. Although a lot will. If you want to stop any mail for previous occupiers etc. Contact your local delivery office and ask them to deliver only mail for the persons listed at the address and clarify/list who they are. They may make the odd mistake in future but that is HUMAN, and that is why they put "rubbers/erasers" on pencils...because people make mistakes

Rant over!!! Hope you all had a good christmas....you moaning gits

Update Reply
clarkee @ 26/12/2011 15:33  

Did you manage to breath clarkee?;0)

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 26/12/2011 18:47  

lol at Clarkee, glad you got that off your chest hun??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/12/2011 19:02  

Reminds me of the bus driver who didn't stop to pick up his passengers, 'cos if he did so, he couldn't keep to his timetable!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/12/2011 19:16  

Lethegoodtimesrol, had plenty of time to breath thanks....I was two finger typing lol

Boss Mom, feel strangely liberated thanks.

XK, the customer is always right.....but, Joe Public is an A***hole!

Merry Christmas again

Update Reply
clarkee @ 26/12/2011 21:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email