MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

biker match MMMmmm

biker match  MMMmmm - Forums [Biker Match] biker match  MMMmmm - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

biker match MMMmmm

just thought id share my experiences with biker match so far...only been a paid member for a couple of weeks..so here goes. i did a search for ladies within 20km of me...loads popped up...so i nodded at about 20....no reply..then i noticed it says when they last visited the site...18 of them were more than 3 weeks..which could mean 12 months or more......so i sent a message to the other 2 one has ignored my message the other banded me from veiwing there profile!!! the site boasts 1000's of members but fails to point out 80% never vist the site anymore.....im after a bum (shapely hopefully!!) for the back of mi bike....dont think biker match is going to fill it........unless im doing it all wrong and you know better!!

Update Reply
funster @ 16/12/2011 16:02  

Give it a bit of time mate and don't make it look like your desperate, plenty of lovely ladies on here although I'm not personally looking for one. :-))

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 16/12/2011 16:18  

your right there are plenty of really beautiful women on here....the problem is 80% of them simply do not come on the site to get there messages...so anoying

Update Reply
funster @ 16/12/2011 16:39  

Hi funster , you've only been here a couple of weeks and as WB said, give it a chance.

I know loads of folk on the site that have met and matched including myself .

I've copied a link below to a successful dating stories thread that was started not too long ago.

Get yourself out and about on the meets next year and if nothing else, you'll have a fab time

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=9087

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 16/12/2011 16:48  

my advice is get involved more in the chat room and on the forums, get yourself to some events although they are now a bit thin on the ground!! I've met lots of great ladies through the site, sure I've not dated one of them, but some are now good friends. To be honest with the best way to meet some one is through a social event, where the real you will get to shine through, so just give it time, don't run round like a dog with 2 doodads it shows and lasses can sense it from a mile off( not that I'm accussing you of that )

p.s. there's a meeting at squires this sunday for lunch it would be a good place to get started and you would be made most welcome, your not far away from that in Bradford

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 16/12/2011 16:57  

I can only speak for myself but I find BM more of a social site than a dating one. I chat to everyone and have made some great new friends. I don't go into the chat room (I can't type fast enough to keep up lol) but do enjoy the banter in the forums. My first BM event was the 1st KISS rally and what a great weekend that was, so much so that I will be booking my holidays around events on BM next year. What I think you need to do is get out to the events, chat to new people and make new friends and who knows one of those new friends could just be the person your looking for

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/12/2011 20:29  

I know this coming year i will be out and about and attending some of the meets :-) i am not looking for a relationship but i am looking for friends to ride with, but you never know Mr right might just be round the corner

Update Reply
Roughie @ 16/12/2011 21:59  

can only agree with the others
get out and adout at meet chat room and just give it a little more time
hugs x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 16/12/2011 22:11  

Pop over to Squires this Sunday, funster!! 30+ of us meeting for lunch...for a few people it will be their first meet. New people join the site all the time, so don't go giving up just yet !!!

(Details for Sunday in the forums and on events)

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 16/12/2011 22:34  

Have a great time sunday u lot! shame it soo far

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 16/12/2011 23:36  

If you join in the forums people will get to know your personality a bit and will be more likely to respond to PMs. If you go to a few meets, a lot of the girls that go (and there's usually a good turnout) are unattached and really friendly. I've made some good female friends through Biker Match, who in other circumstances i wouldn't have had the confidence to approach, but my postings on the forum broke the ice. As far as nods go, i wouldn't worry about them. Some see them as just a nod on the road from one biker to another, and will send one back. Others see them as something a bit more personal. I don't think you'll find many who have had EVERY nod they've sent returned. Welcome, come in and 'ave a laff, she's probably here somewhere.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 17/12/2011 00:37  

i ve met some great new friends on here and had brill time at various events ,go to a few events and get to know people you never know who your likely to meet

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 17/12/2011 07:34  

Funster how about sending a follow-up message to your nods? I don't always respond to nods but I always reply to messages, maybe others are the same? Maybe say something like 'I hope you got my nod', and then ask them something about themselves so they have something to reply to? Personally I prefer to meet up with someone after a few messages have been passed back and forth, not meet up after just one message. Some members have been on here years and not found their other half yet but they've made loads of friends and that's a good start. Maybe see you at a BM gathering, we (me and Nellie) go to Squires most Sunday's if you want to meet up.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/12/2011 07:53  

there U go Funster an offer U canna possibly refuse,Sunday lunch at |Squires then?
Sandi U behave!! lol x

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 17/12/2011 10:21  

Eh? Nellie is my dent in the sofa not another woman lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/12/2011 12:23  

For all Biker match does come up as a dating site I dont really see it like that. To be honest it is more a social site which is cool. Mind you a name change might help.

Update Reply
Gizzmo7 @ 19/12/2011 11:11  

Funster, like has already been said, get yourself along to some meets and ride outs, if nothing else you will make some great friends.

I joined the site in 2009 and met my chap in 2010 at a night out, were still together :)

Have faith x

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/12/2011 14:06  

I've made some great friends on BM. I dont see it as a dating site either, just a fab place to meet like minded people with bikes, trikes, cars etc.
Give BM chance Funster, ya wont regret it!!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 19/12/2011 14:24  

Funster, most has been said already. However you've only been on here a few weeks and things take time. I notice you said a search of 20km of you, try widening yur catchment area a bit (have bike will travel). I also think with the silly season the sites a little quiet, maybe things will pick up after that and the warmer bike weather comes back in. Just use this time to get to know the regular peeps on the site and get some posts in. Hang in there buddy, give it at least through the summer.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 20/12/2011 15:21  

Well i've been here since ?? hang on i'll have to check me profile .... ermm since 06 and up untill last year hadn't met anyone, then this year i met a lady who i think seems really nice, been chatting for a few months now, i don't know if it'll turn into anything more but who knows, you never can tell, give it chance mate

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/12/2011 17:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email