MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

what wrong with my profile

what wrong with my profile  - Forums [Biker Match] what wrong with my profile  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

what wrong with my profile

:-@

Update Reply
rob gsxr @ 11/12/2011 20:27  

In what way do you mean hun? Have just been on and it is working

Update Reply
Ettenea Free @ 11/12/2011 20:53  

no i nod and try to chat to people i'm just knot getting many replies so i thought it was the contents

Update Reply
rob gsxr @ 11/12/2011 21:28  

Profile looking good, rob
It might just be the time of year...in my experience, I have more contact with the other in-mates after attending a meet/rally.
Hang on in there

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 11/12/2011 21:37  

Ah I see.. Only thing I could suggest is maybe bulk it out a little.. Put in some stuff as to who you are, many people like to be able to get a gist of a person from a profile. Maybe try and put some personality onto it. If in person you are a funny guy, then try and express that or if you are quiet and shy say that. Does that make sense. Am not saying ramble on like you are writing a book about your entire life, but just put who you are ya know. Writing profiles is hard but it helps the viewer to see who and what a person is all about and let's them make a more informed decision about responding. Hope that helps a little hun.. Good luck with it lol

Update Reply
Ettenea Free @ 11/12/2011 21:38  

It might seem trivial but fixing the grammar and ditching the text speak would be good to. At the moment it's all very one liners, flesh it out so people get a proper feel. I prefer to write how I would speak, gives a more personal touch. Then do what I fail to do and get stuck in there, forums, meets and ride outs.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 11/12/2011 21:45  

you have not said anything about you

Update Reply
Roughie @ 11/12/2011 21:58  

lol, nothin wrong wiv profile mate an wat a brilliant sales tehnique.....everyone lookin at yer now lol . U a star mate !! ride safe Rob....lookin fwd to meetin yer.. Andy

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 11/12/2011 21:59  

thanks ettenea and alice i'll try to write some more and get to meets/ rallies

Update Reply
rob gsxr @ 11/12/2011 22:00  

thanks peeps

Update Reply
rob gsxr @ 11/12/2011 22:03  

Hey, I just cotton'd on to that one there andy lmao.. Might have to give that a go myself.. Nattee lil trick pahahahaha! ;o) No probs rob :o) Smooshees

Update Reply
Ettenea Free @ 11/12/2011 22:08  

Should have shouted up for the Stoke Run yesterday, there was four of us there at least!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2011 10:36  

I always struggle with profiles as well but at the end of the day you get what you see lol.

Update Reply
Gizzmo7 @ 12/12/2011 15:12  

Hi there, if your sending messages - don't just make it a one liner. Maybe put a bit in about yourself as well. As Alice said, just keep trying and don't give up. Everyone has times when they don't get returned nods & messages. Good luck in the future

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 12/12/2011 15:34  

Rob your profile seems ok to me. Perhaps it's what you say in your PMs that is the problem? Do you ask about them, do you read their profile properly?, if they have hobbies or interests stated ask them about them. Above all if they have their name on their profile, or they reply with their own name, remember to use it and spell it correctly. it's all in the detail, well it is with me. That applies whether you're just being friendly or interested in dating. If you ask a question they have already covered in their profile then it shows you've not read it properly.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/12/2011 01:34  

thanks everybody for your help i hope to see u all at an event someday ;-)

Update Reply
rob gsxr @ 17/12/2011 15:20  

So Rob are you going to add some stuff to your profile?

Update Reply
Roughie @ 17/12/2011 22:25  

Echo Sandi and BobKats comments. I've blocked a bloke this week because of the content of his one liner - eejit. One liners make it such hard work to try and get a conversation going. I try to ask as many questions as I answer to keep the 'chat' going, but there's been a couple of blokes lately after the first few attempts at getting some chat going on and only getting one sentence back I've pretty much given up.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/12/2011 22:30  

i've added a bit more to my profile thanks m8s got to go to bed now good nite all :-0

Update Reply
rob gsxr @ 19/12/2011 00:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email