MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Grrr!! flippin chat room

Grrr!! flippin chat room (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Grrr!! flippin chat room (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Grrr!! flippin chat room

Some ppl have had problems getting in to the original room & seem to always get redirected to the new one, ive had no probs maybe its cos as i have different usernames on both sites Perhaps a new thread explaining what ppl have to do on both sites is needed ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2007 14:44  

Shaggy - u get the hang of them. Ive not been to college or got any GCSEs etc in comps - just learnt everything from using them for the past 7 years. Kwak - to draw peoples attention to it, and fill space next to the chatroom preview. Scooby - there should be no probs getting into the old chatroom - just go to bikechat.net, login to forums, then use the link. You wont be able to access from BM anymore - because the link takes you to the new chatroom. You should also be able to have both open seperately, next to each other, so you can chat in both at same time. The chatroom preview, for everyones info, is just a trial. Its to get people to go into the chatroom and .... chat. Spent days making it, so wanna see it get used at least now. And its only like 8 lines of txt - hardly in anybody's way! PS: if you dont want your chatroom conversation to be seen by other members, then dont put it in the chatroom - keep it to a PM! PPS: Only logged in members can see the chatroom preview - not guests etc.

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/06/2007 20:59  

ok ive have a busy week and a few more busy days to come. BUT - if you post your suggestions about the chatroom in a post here, then i will look at them all on saturday and change what I think is best. NB: Post in bullet point so i dont have to trawl through essays missing point, and remember that NOT ALL suggestions will be implemented (Ill do whats best for the site & security at the end of the day). Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/07/2007 17:58  

i still use both chat rooms dont have any probs

Update Reply
RC @ 04/07/2007 18:38  

I use both chats at same time too its cool so not lost other friends who dont pay Matt your a xx

Update Reply
Mazza @ 04/07/2007 18:43  

yep 3 cheers for matt

hip hip lol

Update Reply
RC @ 04/07/2007 19:00  

* Matt * I like that we have our own chat room * I like the preview bit - it lets you see whose in * I NEED more text space cos I talk too much * You are doing a fabulous job

Update Reply
dazpants @ 04/07/2007 22:09  

*ditto Daz Folk say they are using both chat rooms but since BM got its own room there's been fewer folk in when I've gone in. We used to get at least 10 chatters in every nite.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/07/2007 23:09  

yea thats the problem - thats why i kept one chatroom and had both sites use it.... but everyone complained (from both sites) because of confusion (And people not being able to read english obviously). Plus - theres a need for security, especially now that we're such a large website, so passing user info from one site to another isnt best. You can still use BC chatroom without signing up everyone... all u need is a BC username and password, u dont need to pay. Get one from the FORUMS area of Bike Chat. I cant stress this enough... if you want to still talk to everyone back at BC then just go there too. And as others have said - you can have both chatrooms open at the same time (I prefer this if possible, makes both sites active). Daz, cheers for your comments mate. Will be looking at the text length restriction. The problem is that if people post more than x characters then it stretches the window and makes it look crap. Need to get the best of both worlds - usability and functionality.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/07/2007 08:39  

I cna raed Egnilsh just can't type it too well sometimes

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/07/2007 18:42  

who can kwak lmao

Update Reply
RC @ 05/07/2007 19:28  

Quote Matt: Re:Current Chat at top of page; Its useful in that you can send a "whisper" to someone who isnt in the chatroom telling them to head on over. Next time they reload a forum page they will see the message from you. How does that work then? When someone leaves the chat room their name disappears making it impossible to whisper them.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/07/2007 08:54  

yea i know ive realised since i said that lol. I could make it a free-text box rather than a drop down???

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/07/2007 11:22  

You could add a shout/whisper box (with date and time so we know when the mesage was left) in place of the 'current chat'? that way folk can say 'Hey, get yur rs in the chat room' and the text in the chat room won't be visible anywhere else but the chat room.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/07/2007 13:37  

can i say summit without causin offence i dont think much of the new chat on here the other was much better , hardley anyone cums on this one so i cant b the only one thinking this?

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 06/07/2007 18:58  

B B if you're more specific then maybe Matt can sort out what it is that's wrong? P. S. put a bullet point before you type it tho so Matt can spot it. He asked that we do that, save him trawling thro the posts to find the relevant comments.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/07/2007 19:20  

thanx hun

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 06/07/2007 20:30  

red text changed - for readability increased length of the message box, to 160 characters (a mobile txt message size pink text changed - for readability sent whispers fixed received whispers fixed ...free text fields for whispers still to be added tomorrow

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/07/2007 20:53  

Thanks Matt

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/07/2007 21:35  

I got booted out last night of the chatroom that is lol couldnt back into it??

Update Reply
Oggy @ 07/07/2007 04:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email