MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Best bike

Best bike (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Best bike (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Best bike

The one you own at any given moment..... But seriously, if its open mouthed nose against the showroom window stuff then the 1978-9 Honda CBX-6 way ahead of the game on ther late 70's If we're talking bikes that moved us into the sports bike present then the first 893cc Fireblade has to be king. but on shere looks alone it has to be the original Ducati 916 it just doesn't date, and still looks jaw dropping almost 15 years later, If we're talking performance then the bike (i have now) the GSXR1000 K5/K6 series is is just about the quickest thing i've slung a leg over in the past 12 years, and just takes your breathe away when you wack the throttle open in almost any gear.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/12/2011 18:56  

All luvely, luvely bikes but please it has to be a stroker.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/12/2011 22:38  

Rosso you missed out the cb450 black bomber, hondas first big bike,
Best bike was the first one to have an engine in because it started the whole ball game rolling.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 01/12/2011 23:23  

JustJerry - you obviously havent parked an Vincent next to an MV - no contest in my book - but then I dont like antiques personally, and neither do a lot of others.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 01/12/2011 23:31  

Honda MT5 (my first bike - simple and cute just like me ) fireblade - but wish they'd make a comfier pilly seat! would love to go into the ins and outs of engine and torque and grip etc but haven't got a bloomin clue - just love the look, the style and the ride of it (as a pilly of course)

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 02/12/2011 00:08  

Your right chickflick it has to be a fireblade there good for everything solo, but the older ones are better for pillys, do you want a ride on mine CF,

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/12/2011 01:34  

Pots, thats an interesting comparison "challenge", MV vs Vincent. My money is on the Vincent anyday. It would be like comparing a plastic bottle, to swiss watch, mechanism.........IMO

Update Reply
clarkee @ 02/12/2011 15:15  

Hey folks....how about we modify the thread slightly? Lets compare our partners or phaps exes to a brand/model of bike..... hmmm perhaps not ....lol where me tin hat gone....

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 02/12/2011 16:32  

Rossoandy - you are a scamp for sure !!!!!! lol I'm not technical enough to say what is the best bike - I can only comment out of the 10 bikes I have owned. Although I ride a Harley Road King now, my favourite was a shaft driven Kawasaki VN 1500 , would love to get a Drifter as a second bike, because they look like the old Indian - I'd prefer an Indian but that's never going to happen.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 02/12/2011 18:13  

nah BK, U probobaly have to travel to Americia and get on one of the reservations to meet one...not sure if mixed race relationships frowned on by the Soix or Cheyanne either..

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 02/12/2011 18:54  

YOU wont believe this but.... me and my mate sitting on the dock of the bay newcastle,waiting for boat for an excursion europa,but wait for it a- vincent black shadow-All singing all dancing- beautiful bike rumbles up to us.The old boy was goin on a shadow meet [s] europe. You have to see something in the flesh and ride it to appreciate its worth,did i get a tour of car park mmmm?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/12/2011 20:38  

Buell XB12R firebolt

.......oh and if you've never owned/ridden then no comments lol

Update Reply
SPESH @ 02/12/2011 20:54  

Any of the Pan Euro's,.. but the later/bigger the better.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 02/12/2011 21:22  

I am with clarkee and EMDEE on this one. You can' beat a classic, especially like the Black Shadow or Brough Superior. It depends what critrea we use to judge the best bike. Some want speed others want comfort and me I like character. But one thing is for sure the classics gain in value, where as modern bikes deteriate in value rapidly. I paid £6150 for my old beemer and I could sell it now for 8K, in the USA probably 12K and that is in just 9 months. I have ridden it and done what ever is needed to look after it and thats cost next to nothing so far. Ok Beemers love them or hate them but you can't beat the reliabilty even the old ones. If I could afford them I would have a Black Shadow or Brough Superior, but preferably both.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 02/12/2011 23:00  

ref DAVID Neale I know a guy not ten mins from me got FOUR v twin vinnies in his gge! All are immaculate. And assorted other Brit classics too....and at least one jap classic a restored RD25E.....bah. But he does ride em regularly in the summer spoilt fer choice tho...he will be at the BM camp/40s weekend I hope wiv one of emm..

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 02/12/2011 23:27  

who cares

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 02/12/2011 23:34  

Heh rossoandy21 Tell me more about the camp/40s weekend, I may be up fot that.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 02/12/2011 23:41  

Its all down to personal preference me thinks and for me it has to be mine .... my beloved Hettie aka Hornet 250

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2011 21:36  

Vincent a swiss watch?? PMSL no way - MV plastic? not true either. And more people would want the MV to ride than a Vincent - the only thing the Vincent has is collectable value as its an antique

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 06/12/2011 19:32  

Best bike ever made ooh thats a tuff un,

How ever I throw in my two penorth worth.
Honda VFR 750F 1986-1989,
why the consumate all rounder, you could tour on it, commute on it, go out for a days scratching on it and if you have sufficiently large testicles
get third place in the trans atlantic series at Oulton Park on a wet track.
on bike straight out of the case with the indicators and mirrors removed and head lamp taped up!!!
If you don't believe me I still have the article from a bike magazine from that time!
I have one and can still keep up with more modern bikes through the twistys in Wales, not bad for a 23 year old bike .
I rest my case

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 06/12/2011 20:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email