MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What was yours?

What was yours? - Forums [Biker Match] What was yours? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What was yours?

The pressie I was given for my 18th birthday (a waste bin) made me think 'what weird / crappy / useless pressies have other folk received' and 'what pressie made your eyes light up?' My most treasured gift was a piece of art my son did for me, at the ripe old age of 3 (He's 21) The pre-school teachers painted the kids hands and placed them on pieces of card and cut them out, to form the branches of a Christmas tree. It's still going strong and goes on the wall every year

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/06/2007 12:35  

awwwwwwww thats sweet , my ex used to get me cds he liked n such so that was crap oh n my ex mother in law got me a microwave egg bioler in shape of a chicken one xmas lmao, my fav bday pressie was this year off wayne he may b a bastard but he bought me a dozen red roses not the cheap kind n he dont do the flowers romantic thing so they really made my birthday special x

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 23/06/2007 12:40  

I reckon the nicest gifts are those that cost little or no money, such as little notes, hidden so you find them when they've gone, and pressies, no matter what they are, given for no particular reason; and a hug when you least expect it. Can't beat a hug to bring a smile to my face, from someone I'm close to I mean, not a total stranger on the street lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/06/2007 12:48  

yep cant beat a hug hun

Update Reply
RC @ 23/06/2007 14:03  

it'll have to be a virtual one R C

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/06/2007 14:21  

one of my worst gifts was a vacum omg ! i was house proud at the time but crap eh? best gift was having my grandkids homemade gifts from kids and granddaughter too my youngest son now 15 made me a red loveheart with red tissue paper on it for valentines when he was 4 arrrr lol

Update Reply
jude831 @ 23/06/2007 14:52  

awwwwwwwwwwww ty kwak hun have one bk

Update Reply
RC @ 23/06/2007 15:33  

One of my worst gifts was a "Hai Karate" gift set. I had to beat the women off with a stick

Update Reply
rattler @ 23/06/2007 18:04  

rattler, is your name Tommy, as in 'you lickle liar Tommy'?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/06/2007 18:54  

best pressie was on my 16th bday it was a honda mt5 . worsed was the one would have to be a terrys chocolate orange which had mold it .

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 24/06/2007 09:34  

one of the best pressies i had was my birthday this year got a new digital camera off my family awwwwwwwww bless

worst pressie i had was a bar of soap with my birth sign on it lol

Update Reply
RC @ 24/06/2007 09:37  

I have to say, for my 21st I got an automatic washing machine from my then hubby. No, I wasn't pissed off with it either! Money was tight and I only had a second hand twin tub that I had to keep repairing So I was over the bloody moon! Worst pressies for me are chocs, I don't really eat chocs and my ex b/f used to buy 'em for me all the while! Even tho' he knew I didn't like 'em, just so he could eat 'em. Prat.

Update Reply
Di @ 24/06/2007 10:32  

when i was eight i bought my aunt a Swiss roll for Christmas even now at age of 48 she never lets me forget

Update Reply
old gixer boy @ 24/06/2007 10:38  

Better than bath cubes

Update Reply
Di @ 24/06/2007 10:53  

Aww OGB what a sweet thing to do, I guess your aunty wasn't pleased then? It's the thought that counts and a swiss roll is yummy, ungrateful Aunty

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/06/2007 13:36  

i might buy her one this christmas just to wind her up whats worse is i gave my nan a tray that you got free with something i think it was soapowder

Update Reply
old gixer boy @ 24/06/2007 14:09  

The worst pressie I've had was a wine bottle holder in the form of two drunken butlers. The best present was a necklace that my 8 year old son made for me last year, it's gorgeous. He does so many wonderful things for me all the time. He'll make me breakfast in bed, light candles in my bedroom and put essential oils over my bed at night - he's a real sweetie.

Update Reply
Pagan-Princess @ 24/06/2007 14:59  

awwwwwwwww bless him u got a good un there hun x

Update Reply
RC @ 24/06/2007 15:14  

Quote OGB: i might buy her one this christmas just to wind her up whats worse is i gave my nan a tray that you got free with something i think it was soapowder it's ok when you're young to give gifts that may not be what they want, it only becomes a problem when you keep doing it when you're an adult, then you get nagged for buying gifts that aren't right and some women can sulk for weeks

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/06/2007 17:26  

Worst birthday pressie was last birthday, i asked my inlaws for 2 hours worth of DIY, they are both competant DIYers, and i have been struggling to get shelves up on my kitchen wall, but Dads just have a knack for these sorts of things. I got Argos vouchers, as i would be able to buy something i wanted. I wanted my pigging shelves up, i have only been trying to attach them for 2 years! Best one, Phil, (other half) showed up this weekend complete with a Hilti and put my shelves up! It means a lot as he hates driving the car, he would much prefer to be on the bike and he is feeling very under the weather at the moment. He burnt out 6 drill bits on the wall, he also changed some light fittings, put the helmet shelf up in the hall, tidied the wiring up behind the pc, as if you moved the mic the web cam fel off the desk. Wired everything through the surround sound system, ran errands for me in the car. I think i have a good one there!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/06/2007 06:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email