MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

chat room

chat room  - Forums [Biker Match] chat room  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

chat room

hi matt x can we have more coloers in the chat room pease lots peeps going in there and there is a c off blue when all colers are used up and is it pos to have already skripted things like i.e someone - hits (insert name )with a wet fish kay cat - gose to sit in the nrty corner again sorry im just a kid at aert thanks

Update Reply
kaycat @ 18/11/2011 12:40  

I reckon that'll be no touble at all, Kay ;)
Can you ask for a "No.of membs in Chat" counter too, pls?

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 18/11/2011 14:12  

Jct47, Matt's already said he's not adding that, if folk see it's empty they won't go in, whereas if folk enter to see if someone is in others may pop in for a natter. I hope I explained that correctly. I can't see the need to know how many are in chat, it doesn't take 2 secs to pop in and back out again if no one is there. Kay, more colours is a good idea, perhaps a shade palette?, so that folk can create their own colour? That way less chance of running out of colours. That may not work tho unless it was possible for individuals to keep the shade as a default, so that it doesn't need sorting every time we enter chat.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/11/2011 14:47  

Yep...not the first time chat has run out of crayons. I keep sharpening them but still not enough to go round sometimes!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 18/11/2011 16:25  

Sandi, regardless of what Matt thinks, a lot of members disagree with the reasoning behind it. Fact is, we have a chatroom with no scroll bar, no 'no.membs in chat', no timeline and no valid reason other than it's all done 'deliberately'.. I won't add anything else to Kay's thread (sorry Kay!), will respond to comments in the 'timeline' thread though.
Steve

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 18/11/2011 16:25  

Hi Steve, I can see both sides of this, members' opinion should count for something, and yes a scroll bar would help folk recap or keep up with the chat, but it is Matt's baby and the price of membership is quite low for what we get on here so we shouldn't expect too much.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/11/2011 16:32  

IMO, The Chat Room is random chatter always has been and always will be. The best way to get used to it, is to go in there and get used to it. The best improvement suggestion (IMO), is the one for additional colours. I have to say that with certain colours e.g. 'red', I struggle to read what's written against the blue background. That said, if no changes are made, Chat still suits me fine

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 18/11/2011 17:35  

Dont think there is that many people that disagree Steve, as Sandy said its easy to look and see who's in there,

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 19/11/2011 05:03  

Ok not being funny but have any of you actually looked at the chatroom? Right at the top... You are logged in as: Matt Users: Online- 570, In chat- 5 Chatroom Administrators Online: 1 Last post: 19 November 2011 at 17:15:13 Putting the time/date next to EVERY post means taking up more space. That means you can post less in your message, for an almost-pointless new little feature. Sorry but please just accept my decision on the matter. You can see at the top when the last post was, simple. If people are chatting away then all the posts on the page are roughly gonna be around the same time. Why do you need the time on every damn line?!??! Colours... feel free to tell me what colours you want. Ones that aren't already there and that can also been seen on the purple background. I'll add any you want, no problem (for me).... the problem (for you now) is finding the colours. Have fun...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/11/2011 17:18  

PS: I'm away on holiday now, if I forget to read this topic again on Tuesday someone give me a nudge. Got lots to catch up on at the moment already

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/11/2011 17:21  

The very dark green you have used to high light the weekends on the events pages works well Matt.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 19/11/2011 17:46  

...if I forget to read this topic again... someone give me a nudge. Matt, nudge!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/12/2011 08:41  

Hi Matt, I find that the Maroon does not work in Chat, it comes out as Black.

John.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 16/12/2011 09:57  

Hi John,

I'll double check it. I think it just looks black cos it's so dark.

I've disabled the chatroom for now because of some on-going server issues. It should be online again tomorrow.

Thanks

PS: Please remember to keep your profile photo of yourself, not your bike (You + bike is ok). Thanks! :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/01/2012 18:49  

Sorry i had forgot about this topic, too much on at the moment. get round to it soon

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/01/2012 18:56  

Matt, can I have 'Olive Drab' please so I can camouflage myself and hide in the corner ready to pounce and ambush peeps when they come in???? Hex Code 6B 8E 23, Decimal Code 107 142 35

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 23/01/2012 22:07  

As there are quite a few (11) colours already, what other colours could there be? Perhaps we could have a palette of colours, like on this reply box, that we could create our own shades but preferably with the option to make it our default colour, saving us from having to create it each time we enter the room? Is that do-able Matt?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/01/2012 10:20  

Refresh

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/02/2012 23:07  

Still waitin for my Olive Drab

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 21/02/2012 14:44  

red and black stripes would do for me , please

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 21/02/2012 14:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email