MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

XJ6n or GSR600 or a bike to be restricted

XJ6n or GSR600 or a bike to be restricted - Forums [Biker Match] XJ6n or GSR600 or a bike to be restricted - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

XJ6n or GSR600 or a bike to be restricted

Hi there I've recently passed my full licence (A2) so I'm restricted to 33bhp for two years In my search I haven't found any bikes already under 33bhp, but have found the XJ6n and GSR600 and I love the look and performance of them. Any clue what is the better bike? Or if you have any other bike suggestions it would be much appreciated. I ride a honda cbf 125 at the moment. I like the newer nakeds (headlight in its own fairing style) but not so much the older (the headlights look wrong to me! And if I modify my insurance goes up) Not really interested in getting a faired bike or a bigger CBF Oh and height isn't an issue! Cheers for any help

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2011 23:52  

SV 650 ? Stonking piece of kit. Oh, Hi, welcome

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 15/11/2011 23:57  

Nice bikes but I've seen how easily wrecked they can be (mate has one) and as soon as I hit 650 insurance sky rockets and tax goes up... Hey :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2011 23:59  

both are good all-rounders.. have a ride of them if you can, you might feel more comfortable on one than the other(?)

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 16/11/2011 02:37  

Go to a big bike delers and look at as many as you can see what else you like as any bike can be restricted to 33bhp

Update Reply
JP @ 16/11/2011 02:58  

my son had 600 bandit restricted older bike but didnt cost to much on insurance

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 16/11/2011 05:46  

i agree with raptor an sv650 or an ER6 - they are both easy to restrict & derestrict when the time comes and the tax doesnt go up THAT much!! shop around for the insurance sometimes the company you use already isnt always cheaper for a different bike.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 16/11/2011 08:06  

I've looked at the older bandits (when they were 600's) and I really do hate the headlight

I've used comparision sites for insurance and a er6 does push it well up (could partly be where I live)
Ideally, don't want to pay more than £700 a yr insurance tpft and legal cover.

The quotes I got for a sv 650 were around 900.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2011 10:19  

triumph street triple ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2011 13:20  

I love the street triple but insurance was over a grand :(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2011 13:34  

What about the Kwak Baby Ninja - 250 & it's already @ 33Bhp? A few of the girls on here have them & they love it .

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 16/11/2011 13:55  

Problem with the baby kwak is id have it for two years then have to go and buy a bigger bike to have more fun and power. Plus cost wise, they don't really work out, insurance is just as bad really and them and the cbr250's are all faired, wanted to avoid that if poss!

Yes I am extremely hard to please bike wise! Sorry guys

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2011 14:39  

hi Whoknowskt as jp said get yourself to a dealer or to nec bike show and have a good look round you may find something you like from a manufacturer you least expect good luck

Update Reply
apriliamad @ 16/11/2011 19:00  

dont know how new a bike you are after: but some cheaper bikes which shouldn't hurt the bank too much , especially if you trade up later Kawasaki GPZ500S (half faired sorry) or the similar engined ER-5 (not the KLE500 though as had problems with cams) Honda Bros 400 (there was a couple nice ones on ebay a few days back - the Bros 650 was similar to the NTV that was the official UK spec - but the 400 was never brought in except by importers)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2011 23:23  

I have a GSR 600 and it is a great fun bike. Might have to sell it though if you're interested.

Update Reply
Chappers118 @ 17/11/2011 21:09  

Try a ktm duke 2 lc4 640 single cylinder 4 stroke lovely first bike and cheap as chips to insure, and handles lovely :) or the ktm duke 3 which is a 690 and as standard is on 55 bhp as standard and can be restricted very easily and they look menacing

Update Reply
shawy42 @ 18/11/2011 21:42  

Well, went to a couple of dealers today and pretty much found a very decent deal.

Brand new suzuki gladius, 1388 trade in for my 2010 cbf 125, my outstanding finance paid, £95 a month for 4 years 0% apr, datatool s4 alarm (for an extra 300) free datatool devil 1000 disc lock, free restrictor kit, years road tax, 1 yr aa cover, 2 yrs warranty. Insurance around £589 a year tpft (I don't have a garage) which is over 100 cheaper a year than a gsr...

Any opinions before I sign on the dotted line next week?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2011 22:40  

my honest opinion?
I would suggest keeping the 125 and ride it for at least a year, perhaps even 2 and then I wouldnt have to worry about 33bhp anyway.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2011 01:13  

True, but a fair few of my journeys are on dual carriageways where I end up stuck behind some slow moving vehicle as there isn't enough power left to overtake quickly and there's always a load of cars in the overtaking lane that isn't enough gap for me to use (if that makes any sense at all)
My bike will do 70 at a very very push (I'm talking no hills, no real weight on the bike and no strong winds) she'll do basically 65 screaming her arse off

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2011 01:19  

well the 0% apr is always a good deal - Have you had chance to ride something else other than your 125? Something with a bit more weight behind it? If so then you probably be ok, but if not then I would suggest at least a session with an instructor to help you get used to it - specially at low speeds.
If you have your heart set on a particular bike then it's going to be tricky for anyone to talk you out of it anyway (this I know when I wanted some of the ones I have bought ). I would get a ground anchor put in, if its not going to be garaged though.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2011 02:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email