MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

My first time on a bike.

My first time on a bike. - Forums [Biker Match] My first time on a bike. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

My first time on a bike.

The first time I went on a bike was in 1981. I cant even remember whos bike it was. A group of us went to Great Yarmouth from Cambridgen but there wasn't enough room in the cars for me. I was given a lid and told to get on the back of a Bonnie. My butt was killing for days after but hey I caught the bug and never looked back.

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 22/06/2007 19:59  

my brothers scooter u had to push it to start , got it going and went threw the back garden fence,who needs brakes lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2007 20:04  

My first bike ride was in 1971, pillion on a Norton Commando, weird thing is I don't remember the ride

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 20:04  

Hey Kwack and el ninja get on Bike chat there's some good guys on there xx

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 22/06/2007 20:09  

my first time on a bike,was when i went to pick the bike up,my mates where teaching me to ride it at the back of the shop and then there was no stopping me it was a suzuki ap50.

Update Reply
vmaxdeg @ 22/06/2007 20:10  

my first bike was a lambretta li 150 with all the mirrors & lights on (I've grown up now,sort of) given to me by a g/fs Dad,my brothers used to move it away from their bikes 'cause they hated mods,soon moved on to a cb750 though & never had had a scooter since

Update Reply
Oggy @ 23/06/2007 04:47  

My ex hubbys first bike a Honda 50 went two up to visit my daughter in hospital (1976) I had a phobia of bikes so this was supposed to only be a quick round the block see if i was ok. The bugger took me all the way to the hospital with me in tears the whole way, scared stiff. As for what I wore omg I had on my Afgan embroidered coat that never lost its smell, a woolly hat under the helmet to make it fit better, a pair of strippy socks over my very very skinny legs, big lace up platform shoes, oh yeah and a 6ft scarf wrapped goodness knows how many times around my neck. The face on the consultants face was one of those "wish I had a camera with me moments" So me now riding a bike has shocked so many people but no one as much as me.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 23/06/2007 08:09  

I have a vision in my mind of you as a mix between Pippy Long Stockings, Wally (of 'where's Wally?'), and Dr Who (long scarf)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/06/2007 08:13  

Pippi Long Stockings!!!! there's a blast from the past. I had one of those afgans as well. God when it got wet it stunk!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 23/06/2007 08:16  

My uncles C90. He asked to tidy the garage up for him, but he left the keys in the ignition and wahay. I was up and down their estate where they lived. Got a good a**e kicking off my auntie. Well I was only 13.....

Update Reply
rattler @ 23/06/2007 18:35  

First time on a bike was on the back of my mate's bike, freaked me Mum out 'cos we overtook her going up a hill towards where I lived and I grinned at her through the car window and waved as we went past and shot off into the distance! I was 17 and she went ballistic at me when I plucked up the courage to go home

Update Reply
Di @ 24/06/2007 05:18  

my first ride was a yamaha dt 125 my 1st bike was a kawasaki zephry 550 loved that bike and so did someone else lol

Update Reply
naughty 1 @ 26/06/2007 17:43  

I feel really relunctant to admit to this but my first bike was a suzuki 50 trials bike nothing wrong with that but my brother was trying to teach me to ride it and i could not get the hang of the clutch and gear change and i convinced myself that as long as i only rode slow i could just stay in 1st gear sod the others. I was only 16 am now 46 and ive come along way since. Please believe me.

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 26/06/2007 18:18  

My first ride was a quick blast around the fields on a mates bsa bantam this was soon followed by a trip over the road & into someones front garden taking half the fence with me My riding has improved a bit in the last 30 years or so tho honest

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2007 10:45  

My First Pillion was on a Z650 got a pic of me looking bored sat on it at Matty Bath waiting for the rider to finish taking pics of everyone elses bike, i didnt even realise he'd taken a pic of me! My First ride was on a CG125, and I blatted all over the country on it. I didnt know it had a bent frame, and i sold it to a copper I recently bought a CG125 for commuting on and i cant figure out how i used to do so much milage on it

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/07/2007 11:38  

The first time I went on a bike I was 8. I spent a week with my uncle in London and we went everywhere on his silver Norton Commando - think the bug bit me then and I'm real glad it did. My first bike was a Honda 125 Superdream - more like a nightmare cos it kept breaking down! Then I got an FZR600 and now I've got my RF900R, I want a VMax next - thing is I tend to keep hold of my bikes rather than sell them - I think I'm a hoarder, lol!

Update Reply
Pagan-Princess @ 02/07/2007 10:58  

There is nowt wrong with hording bikes, as long as you can afford to, why not

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/07/2007 13:09  

First bike was a Yammie RD200 1977. Just got my first posting in the RAF and needed the transport. Think i've had about 10 bikes since that.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/07/2007 20:19  

my first bike rm 80 at ten yrs old & havnt looked back enjoyed all ive done on bikes,ie raced, drag & in around the trade. thats bikes in the blood. ride safe ride hard

Update Reply
SHYBOY @ 03/07/2007 05:10  

School exchange visit to Amesterdam, and I'm stuck out in the country. But hey, I'm offered the use of a Broemfitse, a Dutch moped you can ride legally at 14. In the end decided that learning to ride the brummer, and on the "wrong" side of the road, and braving downtown Amsterdam was altogether too risky a combination and I stuck to pottering round the polders. First ride in the UK was on a mate's Lambretta - I've only ridden a scooter once since - and the first bike of my own was an MZ. Don't laugh.

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/07/2007 05:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email