MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

whats happened to the chat room

whats happened to the chat room - Forums [Biker Match] whats happened to the chat room - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

whats happened to the chat room

over the past week or so i have poped in the chat room a few times and there is no one in. during the day its expected as people are at work. but i have been in at 10pm and its like a ghost town. i miss chatting to you all come backkkkkkk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2011 10:49  

Could be school holls ?

Update Reply
JP @ 27/10/2011 10:53  

well lets hope hey jp. miss the banter x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2011 10:56  

banter goes on 'til 03.00+ sometimes (ask that lilfecker, lol), 'but', its generally a more personal chat between 2/3 membs.. When ppl have a dialogue going others may not want to interupt(?)
Yeh, I know, that's what the Chat Room's for, but you get my drift.. :)
If it wasn't for LF & others chatting late at night the place could well be dead.

If you glance at the Chat Room text during the day (from the forum) you'll see pages of 'hello, anybody here?' 'ok, later...' etc - still reckon there should be an indicator of how many people are in the Chat Room, visible from the forum (or a timeline showing last post). It would encourage more to join in (imho) ;)

steve

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 27/10/2011 11:49  

hi Ronnie. Junction47 has hit it on the head. Rightly or otherwise, it does seem to be the same old faces on there. Ive logged on a number of times to have a hopeful chin wag, only to see a conversation going on between others that appear to know one other personally. it's like a glorified texting service lol.

Update Reply
Falcon46 @ 27/10/2011 12:11  

I daren't go into chat, it's bad enough getting flak in the forums!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2011 12:17  

Ooooooooooooooh get yer selves in chat!! I object to the "old" faces comment falcon46, u will be dealt with at a later date and as for you XK.....you'd have permanently red cheeks from all the slappin

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 27/10/2011 12:21  

Which cheeks? - could be tempted now

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2011 12:24  

the chat room tends to go in fits and starts, sometimes busy other times empty.

Even if there are a few folk in there having a chat , go in and i'm sure they will make you welcome and include you in there nattering :)

If you wait for a gp in the conversation you may find they have all left lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/10/2011 15:49  

As soon as I go in, they all clear off - see chatroom now!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2011 16:42  

u was in there earlier xk bout ya scared u fibber lol. always nice to see new people in there. fresh meat lol only joking ........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2011 17:12  

im not fussy who i natter to-everyone is ace on here and ive had the bugger its empty experience-i always nip in for a quick catch up and a laugh-if im in there all temptation to do housework evaporates :-)

it shouldnt matter if it seems like we all know each other or not so dont be shy about diving in and joining in :-)

Update Reply
mizzi @ 29/10/2011 18:20  

The chat room has always been like that. Some nights you can't get a word in edge-wise, others, a ghost-town.

You just gotta stay logged in, wait and see who turns up and jump out and surprise them...

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 29/10/2011 18:36  

Then watch them run away of you scare them!! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2011 18:53  

so that's why everyone clears out when i go in then lol i must be really scary coz i dont smell :-)

Update Reply
mizzi @ 29/10/2011 19:00  

I may be wrong but I think one of the reasons the chat room isn't as busy as it used to be, a couple of years ago, is that more members are going to gatherings and meeting in real time and organising their social lives off site, not leaving much time to be on site chatting. Another reason may be the topic of conversation, perhaps it puts off some members, someone posted that they thought the topic was too smutty, or words to that effect. When I used to go into the chat room there would be about 15 members, on a good nite. Quite a lot of those have either left the site or don't visit as often for various reasons. As more gatherings were being organised the chat room became less busy. I think it also varies as to the time of year, perhaps less busy in Summer when folk are out riding and meeting up?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/10/2011 10:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email