MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The Site... forums.... etc

The Site... forums.... etc - Forums [Biker Match] The Site... forums.... etc - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The Site... forums.... etc

I have been on this site for several years, dipping in and out. So been around for about 4 years in all although most of you won't know me. In this time, I have met some lovely folk, and I think I get their sense of humour, and those folk, I have some fondness for although most of them, I see very rarely. There's been times I have loved being a BM member, joining on forums. There are times tho, when I have opted out altogether because of slanging matches going on, on the forums. Although differences of opinion keep things alive, isn't there a better use for the forums than "slagging" each other off? If someone has an opinion does that mean they are necessarily trying to upset someone else? Does someone's opinion or sense of humour have to "necessarily" be seen as offensive? Does anything said without malice give the right to someone else who may not like what is said to put the postee down publicly? If someone has something unpleasant to say about someone else, can't they just PM it and sort it that way instead of dragging the whole site into it? Life's full of crap as it is. Can't we just minimise the crap and try to keep the site a welcoming place to be? or would that be too boring? Sorry, I generally keep my mouth shut on the forums. I had a great weekend in Lincolnshire recently with lots of you, thats what I'm on BM for.

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 26/10/2011 02:43  

No you as everyone else has a right too your opinon as well as a sense of humour if this is about my posting on thread comments then I am happy to say that I have sent PMs to members asking them not to make personal coments about members looks and wight, I have to say some of the comments are insulting to say the least. There is a big diference between having a bit of fun with friends and just insulting comments. I have not made any refrence to any member just posted to all that maybe we should read our post before posting as somtimes a bit of humour can get out of hand as you say ( keep the site a welcoming place to be )

Update Reply
JP @ 26/10/2011 06:50  

forums...yip life certainly full of crap! so be nice to one anuva! dnt get drawn into an upsetting slanging match try to draw a line between light hearted comment and nasty downputting.. lifes too short..

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 26/10/2011 07:16  

Suzy I totally agree with u on that one...I think I spend far too much time removing my foot from my mouth at work as it is... I'm a natural at digging holes for myself, tend to offend folk without even trying but think most folks that know me know that I'd be mortified if I got told I'd upset someone...

My excuse is I often find that my filter between my brain and my mouth doesn't work and usually it's in the most inappropriate circumstances.... I don't like getting dragged into drama's either on here or at work so tend to stay out of it and I don't like it when folks get slagged off behind their back because they have no means of defending themselves...

Life's about living it, loving it and appreciating what u have and if all else fails laugh at the irony of it all :-)

I've met some fab friends on this site and had a fab time at the rallies and meets I've been to and can't wait until next year when it all kicks off again! Take care all :-)

Update Reply
mizzi @ 26/10/2011 09:56  

I'm like you suzyamki and found this site so refreshingly different to other biker sites I've been on. Over the last two years my social life has been transformed by the lovely peeps I've met on bm and the great times I've had, not to mention the practical encouragement I've had thats got me up and wizzing on my own two wheels. And in that time we've witnessed a fair few spats...it's bound to happen cos we've got a real community here. But over the last few weeks I've found myself bristling at some of the comments I've seen, and I'm with JP cos some of em are not just sparky humour, they're downright nasty and vicious. It doesn't contribute anything and probably has the opposite effect....I know I've become less open and more wary of posting and I bet I'm not the only one
A bm lady who does loads of really good stuff for the site hit the nail on the head..."it's tiresome"

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 26/10/2011 10:11  

I have sent PMs to members asking them not to make personal coments about members looks and wight Yet the person in question takes no offence. This person is a mate, with an excellent sense of humour, and knows full well that I am just pulling her leg, not insulting her. Are you a moderator, or just a self-appointed Big Brother?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/10/2011 10:28  

No, just expressing an opinion xk...am I allowed?

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 26/10/2011 11:04  

Mizzi - Looks like we're cut from the same cloth love, only there isnt a filter between my brain n me gob, and I also tend to develop foot in mouth disease quite often! I'm always game for a laugh, a self confessed smut monkey that loves a bit of banter and inuendo. I too would be mortified if I found that I'd upset someone with my jesting ! "live ,laugh and love" or failing that "reload ,take aim n fire"

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 26/10/2011 11:19  

omg it get more and more chiled like every day
how meny more post adout what people think of u ????
dose it matter ????
u have friends that love u
u have friends that like u
u have friend that put up with u
you have friends that well u get the point
not everyone on here just becouse thay are on here are going to like u
there are some craking peeps on here i would love to spend a weekend with or longer but there are peeps i wouldent wont to spend 2 mins with
as for forum post
it just words on here no feiling
it will be take in a difrent way by everyone
deepending on what mood u are in
just like texts
be happy with the peeps u are happy with and stuff the reast

Update Reply
kaycat @ 26/10/2011 12:10  

post adove
what mood am in ????
im i angry
im i peed off
im i being a bitch
am i smilling
im i being funny

Update Reply
kaycat @ 26/10/2011 12:36  

I'll be your b*tch!!

Forum etiquette(sp) would normally dictate the mod sending a polite PM to the 'culprit' asking that they tone down their humour/comments(?)
Or, upon receiving a complaint, the mod informs the 'culprit', who should then rethink their posts to that person. This would be (my) preferred option on BM as it's difficult for a third party (mod) to know if the comment(s) are taken in good humour.

Starting a 'general' thread only encourages responses (good & bad) which keeps the issue in the public eye.
Personally, I'd lock the thread and let it slide off the page..
(jmho)
Steve

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 26/10/2011 13:02  

I hope you get out and about this coming year J47, looking forward to meeting you as one of the few on here with good common sense lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/10/2011 19:39  

Missed the start of this,
Though Suzy I have to say I agree,
And often, do not join in particular forums. Because of
The general tone, and occasionally because of the folk
Who are joining in (because of things they have said in other forums)

But like the man said, you pays your money,
you makes your choice.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 26/10/2011 19:51  

I have to admit to being totally baffled by this topic, has something gone off in the last few days, I've not been able to get on site, or is it just a rhetorical posting?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/10/2011 10:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email