MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Getting my life back, it's wonderful!

Getting my life back, it's wonderful! - Forums [Biker Match] Getting my life back, it's wonderful! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Getting my life back, it's wonderful!

Hi to all you lovely looney bikers out there, I'm new to all this, and it's great, not biking been doing that since I was fourteen, and I'm 67 now. I just thought I would ramble on like an old fart for a while. I've had a few spills on bikes over the years, as you can imagine but not to much damaged. Earlier this year I concracted something called Vasculitis, never heard of it before, but it gets into your blood stream and causes scabs that start eating you from the inside, horrible init, untill 5-6 years ago was incurable and you just died, I was taken in to hospital and started to bleed from every known orifice, after three days and eighteen pints of blood they managed to stop it, then I had to have plasma exchange treatment, they punch two holes in your neck, put tubes in and pump 22 litres of plasma through you, after 5 sessions of that over a week they had cleaned by blood system out. Then we started on the drugs and biops to make sure my kidneys, liver, heart and lungs were working properly again, I still have 6 month of treatment to go, but I'm on the mend, and just so glad to be alive. Anyone who knocks the NHS, after what those guys did for me, I will punch in the face. The help and fantastic friendship, I had from all my biker mates, helped pull me through. Even my ex came and sat with me while I was having my plasma treatments, and went and cleaned, washed and tidyed my home so everyting was clean for me to come back to. My only regret is that I split with her in the first place, having to lay around in hospital for three weeks you get so much time to think, And I realised she had been the only true love, I have ever had. She is with another guy now and I don't think she trusts me any more, and I don't blame her. To end on a happy note, I am just so glad that I am still alive, and have all my biker mates to keep me going, and am starting to make new friends on this site, which is great, All I have to do now is find a lovely lady on here to share my happyness with. If you have managed to read all my ramblings without nodding off, thanks very much. Ride safe, keep freedom on two wheels. Acker

Update Reply
ackerbear @ 25/10/2011 09:56  

What a lovely post, and glad you're on the mend Acker.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/10/2011 11:31  

Good to hear you are on the mend mate
Stay positive through the rest of your treatment and know that there are good peeps on here that will give positive vibes and encouragement

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 25/10/2011 12:06  

As above, glad you're on the mend now and come out of it with a positive attitude to moving on. I'm sure there's a special someone out there for you still, maybe even on here, but there'll be laughs along the way as well.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/10/2011 12:33  

Firstly well done for sharing - it's nice to hear some good news albeit you've obviously had a hell of a time of it before getting there. It's also good to see that you are appreciating your life and able to remain positive.
Best wishes for the future with your treatment and looking for your lady

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 25/10/2011 12:40  

as above comments , its mind blowing what some people have to go through in life when others just moan about a zit on their face or when going out with out make up etc, best regards bear . and hope you have a better 2012 to look forward too

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 25/10/2011 13:13  

Ackerbear,
I was just having one of those days when, I was starting to "stress" about a few minor things. Your post has just put everything back into perspective..so thanks.

You've been through the mill for sure, but, you've come out the other end. With that positive attitude, its all out there for you !. I really hope you find what you're looking for, in the meantime, there are a lot of great people on here so, you will always find support here. Keep it up and thanks for the post.
Hope to share a beer with you at some point down the road...cheers
Rob

Update Reply
clarkee @ 25/10/2011 15:13  

Hi, thanks to all you guys n galls out there, for taking the time to read my post, and thanks for all your best wishes and support. I knew I would get a positive view from you all, and it will be great to meet some of you in person, once I'm sorted out. I have allready met some really nice people on here, allthough I am just a new boy on this site. If my post has given just one person a helping hand for their day, then it's done it's job. Thanks once again. Acker

Update Reply
ackerbear @ 26/10/2011 08:52  

mate... that post was spot on! I'm sure a lot of people have been cheered up by your post. For every subscribed member who reads this topic and is able to reply there are hundreds of others who don't have a full account and can't reply. So I'm sure many people who were a little "down" today now realise their lives aren't so bad after all. But I gotta ask... did internal scabs ever work as a chat-up line? haha. Glad you're better anyhow. I promise that BM will be a great help to you. Hope to meet you soon

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/10/2011 09:09  

Ackerbear-glad u made it through hun-seen vasculitis a few times and it's got to be one of the scariest things I've seen in my short career...certainly puts my trials and tribulations into perspective!

My philosophy is things happen for a reason and sometimes bad things happen to nice people for no reason at all-life's about making memories :-)

In the words of a rather gorgeous 102 year old 'enjoy the experience, savour the memories and relive the good times at leisure' and despite her being bedbound she's always telling me that if I see her with a smile on her face and her eyes are closed that she's dream surfing :-)

Update Reply
mizzi @ 26/10/2011 10:12  

At the end of a rough day, this post makes brilliant reading. Congrats Acker...onwards and upwards

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 26/10/2011 21:15  

Inspiring!

Hope your condition continues to improve, and you find that lovely lady.

Update Reply
lisaj @ 26/10/2011 22:12  

You're quite a guy acker! Keep plugging away and make sure you join in the fun on here!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/10/2011 22:43  

What a post ! You are inspiring and a true fighter Welcome to BM hope to meet you soon x

Update Reply
Brunette Biker @ 27/10/2011 11:44  

Once again thanks to all of you, for your best wishes. Should be back on the scene by spring / summer so hope to see you all then. Acker

Update Reply
ackerbear @ 27/10/2011 18:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email