MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Malaysian MotoGP cancelled

Malaysian MotoGP cancelled (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Malaysian MotoGP cancelled (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Malaysian MotoGP cancelled

Not much else to say

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 23/10/2011 17:50  

only just watched the video.
just horrific.
r.i.p marco.
words can not describe what a loss marco is to his family,friends and the sport.
a very sad day indeed.

Update Reply
buxton @ 23/10/2011 18:28  

Very, very sad news that Marco Simoncelli died at the Melaysian GP
Yet another young talented rider taken from us too early in life, Thoughts go out to Marcos family, friends and fellow riders A sad, sad day.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 19:04  

no no no no no!!!!! i'm gutted, they know the risks, its just tragic when you pay the price, one minute so full of life, seconds later it's all gone, so sad.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/10/2011 19:24  

REST IN PEACE GOODNIGHT GOD BLESS

Update Reply
redzed11 @ 23/10/2011 20:45  

He was a true character and had such a potential for a future that would take over V.R. when the time comes. Sadly that will never be. A very sad loss. What can be said?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 21:02  

RIP Marco and sincere thoughts go out to everyone concerned , lost for words

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 24/10/2011 01:20  

Sideshow Bob RIP i'll miss you

(i have watched the clip several times because something was bugging me, i think he appears to have passed out/fainted before the collision)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/10/2011 15:11  

RIP Marco

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 15:11  

Such a loss to the sport and his family, one who didn't need to conform to the mould. But it's a stark reminder of how dangerous the sport and our hobby and mode of transport is, when a man who, with skills and talent we will never achieve is so tragically killed. Beware of your own mortality next time you are on your bike.

Update Reply
nozz @ 24/10/2011 19:36  

Like Jackie the same thing occurred to me, he certainly was not seated and appeared to actually fall to the side of the bike but not let go.

I know they all accept the dangers of racing, but the ease at which the helmet came away from his head to me is a worrying factor I only pray it was all over as quick as it appears to be for him and he did not suffer as some reports say for 45 mins after.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/10/2011 20:01  

His helmet was prob the most expensive money can buy, yet he would have been better off with a cheapo with a decent strap! What a tragedy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 20:10  

It appears that he was hit on the lower back of his helmet by a bike and rider traveling alot faster than he was the inpact force will be well over a tonne it would have ripped the hemet off I dont think he would have known anythink about it but as said still a great loss

Update Reply
JP @ 24/10/2011 20:55  

He was just a kid who loved what he did and gave it everything x Apparently, he suffered cardiac arrest once in the ambulance and was given CPR for 45 minutes before they were forced to pronounce his death. It's a relief to know he wasn't conscious and suffering. An exuberant character - a very sad loss to the sport and the world, thoughts out to his family and to Colin and Vale too.

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 25/10/2011 20:32  

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=...ewsid=5959 if you want to say goodbye and are stuck in the UK

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2011 14:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email