MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Malaysian MotoGP cancelled

Malaysian MotoGP cancelled - Forums [Biker Match] Malaysian MotoGP cancelled - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Malaysian MotoGP cancelled

The Malaysian MotoGP has been cancelled after a horrific crash which left Italian rider Marco Simoncelli in critical condition in Sepang.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 23/10/2011 09:56  

just watched it - an horrific accident - hope beyond hope he comes through it ok!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/10/2011 10:00  

I feel sick to my stomach...it was a very bad crash. I'm praying Simo is ok ... My thoughts go out to Colin Edwards and Rossi too,,, they must be feeling sick. Come on Simo... fight for your life! http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/174318/1/ serious_accident_for_marco_simoncelli_stops_malaysian_motogp.html

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/10/2011 10:01  

RIP - I have just heard that he has passed away

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 23/10/2011 10:14  

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/174321/1/marco_simonce...uries.html I feel numb...... R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli ... xxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/10/2011 10:24  

Very sad day ... we were just watching it & it went from ... he is conscious , to race cancelled to he has died ... unbelievable RIP a fantastic promising rider.

Thoughts to Colin Edwards who has dislocated his shoulder in the same incident too, and of course to his family

Marco Simoncelli has died after a horrific crash at the Malaysian MotoGP in Sepang.
The race was cancelled after four minutes when Honda rider Simoncelli fell and was hit by Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi as he slid across the track.
The 24-year-old had his helmet knocked off in the accident and the race was immediately red-flagged.
Honda rider Simoncelli first entered MotoGP for the 2010 season.
He won his first pole position at the Catalunya race in June this year.
The accident happened at Turn 11 when Simoncelli's bike veered across the track into the path of Edwards and Rossi.
Simoncelli, who was motionless on the track after the impact, had been fourth at the end of lap one after qualifying in fifth.
Edwards also fell but escaped serious injury, while Rossi, on a Ducati, was able to return to the pits.
World champion Casey Stoner said: "As soon as I saw the footage it just makes you sick inside. Whenever the helmet comes off that's not a good sign."

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/10/2011 10:24  

Same here Kaz. MotoGp has lost a very talented rider. Love him or hate him, he was a character that stirred things up. Sideshow Bob will be missed. Thoughts go out to his family. Thoughts also to Colin Edwards & Valentino.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/10/2011 10:27  

Totally agree Stella... I can't imagine what Colin Edwards and Valentino must be going through... Oh My God, such a sad sad day for MotoGP Thoughts go out Marco's family and friends, R.I.P Marco Simoncelli

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/10/2011 10:30  

Totally agree Kaz and Stella with everything you have said and that is all a can say.
I cannot say or find words to express what a sad lost it is.

Update Reply
PaulXXX @ 23/10/2011 10:49  

the expression on his girlfriends face left my stomach turning

RIP marco a genuinely excellent rider and from what I could see decent human being!

Condolonces go out to your family and friends.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 11:20  

She knew bless her, I was cursing the camera for intruding on her pain. Poor lass. Edwards looked like he was trying to get to him - poor bloke, he must have known. No way that was survivable imho.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 12:00  

Sad times for motorsport, coming so soon on the heels of the death of Dan Wheldon last weekend - thought to his family and loved ones and also to Rossi & Edwards who could do nothing to avoid the accident.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 12:23  

R,I,P Sad loss

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 23/10/2011 12:59  

I watched it as well, a loss to biking and his family, RIP

Update Reply
Timeout @ 23/10/2011 13:14  

everything is just a cliche so nothing to say

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 13:22  

RIP a very sad day

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 13:33  

The slow motion replays that are popping up on various sites don't do the real speeds of this accident justice, just a horrifying accident with a tragic conclusion.

#58 RIP~

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 15:00  

a future world champion gone

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 23/10/2011 16:09  

A very sad day indeed. You can only hope that he didn`t know what had hit him or felt any pain.

Update Reply
podnil @ 23/10/2011 16:44  

big guy big loss marco simms will be missed marco RIP

Update Reply
gordy100 @ 23/10/2011 17:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email