MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

How to make links look professional

How to make links look professional - Forums [Biker Match] How to make links look professional - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

How to make links look professional

How to make links look professional Not sure how many people here would like to know how to do this but i,ll show you that dont know anyway....... instead of haveing a really long link why not have a (Click Here) say you have a long link like this one below..... (yeah i know its not a long link but click on it anyway lol) http://www.webhamster.com/ what you do it put... [url= in front of the link and then put... ]click here[/url] behind the link you are useing then you will end up with the (Click Here) link like you see below [url=http://www.webhamster.com/](Click Here)[/url] hope i got this right cus i cant edit on here lol

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 20/06/2007 11:52  

[url=http://www.webhamster.com/]Click Here[/url]

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 20/06/2007 11:53  

well sorry bout that folks i have just tested this with the same link on a small forum i,am an admin on and (trust me i,am a biker this does work) and i did get it right, only not sure why it dont work on this forum can/does any mod/admin know why this is??? anyway this will work with emails as well

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 20/06/2007 11:59  

No, what you need to, is type for example Click here, then highlight it, then press the hyperlink button, do the necessary and hey presto!

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 20/06/2007 12:28  

I think Matt has turns off HTML code in posts lowrider, which is why your way didn't work although it normally would.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 20/06/2007 12:29  

that url thing isnt html - its a "code" that some of the forum templates (like phpbb etc) use. Here u just use the button i created. Much easier, especially for bikers! :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/06/2007 14:45  

plus, if u type a massive link here - ive designed it so that it chops the link down for you.

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/06/2007 14:45  

Well I was nearly right
But it works the way I explained it anyhow.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 20/06/2007 14:52  

Lowrider, ya shoulda entitled it 'How to make a blonde blonder' cos I's more fuggin confused than ever it's nice to see that you aint changed

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/06/2007 18:47  

pmsl @ Kwak yeah your right there lol i know how it all works on here now tho i went and looked it all up as you do when you come across new things, tho my way will work on php forums and emails on here you have to hyperlink to sort it for you, well the thought was there lol

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 22/06/2007 04:26  

I thought I'd have to start KNITTING myself blonde wigs again, do you remember those? NIT one purl one it's always nice when folk who are willing to help and offer advice, that's one of the things I like about bikermatch members.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 17:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email