MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The 1970's

The 1970's (3) - Forums [Biker Match] The 1970's (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The 1970's

dont want to get on the wrong side of u

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2007 19:29  

a t20 triumph cub on my 14 th, then the heat wave 76, a super dream in 79 , went in the army in 79 aswell.and it was always warmer in the summer and snow in the winter , i think

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2007 19:36  

Quote cbr: Not good Kwak,is he still alive, I'd make a complaint and f**k up his life...... i'm not really bitter

I don't know, probably not as he seemed quite old at the time but then I was only young so he would do lol

When you're that young, and brought up strict, it's difficult to make a complaint about an adult. I was brought up to respect my elders. I just thought he was creepy and made sure I was never on my own when he was around

PML @ Ninja's comment

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 19:39  

You're right Ninja I'm sure we had proper summers then, 4 seasons per year instead of 4 seasons in one day I remember a lot of gardens had loads of flowers in them, and the scent, as you walked by, was lovely; these days most gardens are drives and flowers don't seem to smell as strong anymore

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 19:44  

Know what you mean about being out all the time. I'd go out on my bike for hours on end with my mates and go and buy 1/2 penny sweets and see who could blow the biggest Bubble Yum bubble without it sticking to your face...

Update Reply
babbsy @ 22/06/2007 19:48  

I think if a child has a gut instict its usually right. Looking back to the 70s yes we did respect our elders but there was an eliment of fear;

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 22/06/2007 19:55  

Yup, I feared our dad, he only had to point his finger and say 'Nar then' (Now then in a Yorkshire accent lol ) and I was nearly in tears. he had a deep voice too which made you sit up and take notice, and he was only 5'4"

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 19:59  

I started this post almost 12 years ago, a lot more folk have joined BM since then, so I thought others may like to reminisce about their time in the 70s

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/05/2019 09:32  

First road bike Honda 125 but not a CG but a road going TL.
First concert Black Sabbath 16th October 1974, Sheffield city hall.
Holiday with mates on bikes North Wales. ÇB250ñ
Saw Status Quo and then 32 years later saw them again and they not changed.
Started work more money for bikes and gigs.
Got T-boned at a junction spend to many months in hospital.
Apart from come off it was all fun the bits I can remember.

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 17/05/2019 10:24  

1970's...too many bikes to list/remember all of them(worked in trade)...my dice with death (and drunken driver)and 7 months in East Birmingham Hospital...
Oh...and Alison (THE ONE)...so many live gigs,wacky baccy,mushrooms,house shares,....too much else to continue...can we do 60's next,pmsl

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/05/2019 11:24  

My favourite decade. Started work and went to see many bands for a few quid, saw Black sabbath, ACDC and Thin Lizzy for less than a fiver along with many more. Then I'd go to Reading Rock/ Donington to see them all again . Ohhhhh seeing
Led zep at Knebworth 😊And the Yorkshire gig club is going to see The Sweet later this year, cant wait 😁😁😁😁

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2019 18:29  

I loved the 70's, started riding dirt bikes in 1976 when I was 8 years old, an Italjet SX50 with 4 gears :D

Barry Sheene was my hero back then. When he won one of his World Championships his bike was doing a tour of the UK, and was on a plinth at various Texaco garages up and down the country due to Texaco being one of the sponsors. There was a Texaco garage right by my school and I was just stood in front of it, staring at it in awe. My hero's bike, about 3 feet away from me. I can't remember if I was stood there dribbling a bit of saliva, or whether I was stood there with a boner, but at the time it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I was around 9 years old. I'll never forget that :-)

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 17/05/2019 22:09  

Barry Sheene was my pin up on my bedroom wall. Memories of my dad taking me to watch him at Oulton and Mallory.
Ok I'll put my hands up to having all the tartan gear for the bay city rollers
And starting big school in 76 and proper summers

Update Reply
smiler 2964 @ 22/05/2019 22:47  

Haha luckily I was too young for Bay City Rollers outfits, I do remember them though.

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 23/05/2019 08:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email