MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The 1970's

The 1970's (2) - Forums [Biker Match] The 1970's (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The 1970's

Prince of Wales check jackets and dresses (Burgundy hankie in top pocket) yes I WAS A SKINHEAD Ben Shermans What about Unisex Brogue Platforms with laceups (my ex wore em to our wedding) Loons (big flare trousers from the top of the leg) Pans People Decade of strikes and power cuts Bee Gees Oh my lord I feel old now

Update Reply
Mazza @ 21/06/2007 17:37  

Quote FBK: memo to kwak i wasnt born till 1978 . im only 29 *Coughs*Ahem!!! Ya know what ya can do wi' your memo don't ya, FBK? Bloomin' nappy brigade

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/06/2007 18:09  

elvis presley died in 1977 i was a newspaper boy then

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 22/06/2007 13:38  

The 70's to me was getting up neck in mud, paisley shirts, tiswas, marbles, conkers, climbing trees, falling out of trees lol, sliding down steep grassy hills on a sheet of card, raleigh chopper and grifter, hand me down clothes, the first grandstand game console, skelectrix (sp) high waisters, flares, the goodies, gobstoppers,sherbert dib dab. In those days as a kid, you spent nearly all of your time outside, you stayed in to watch your fave shows in the morning at the weekends then you vanished till teatime, no pc, no mobile phone, just a field and 101 uses for a stick. Those were the days !!

Update Reply
bandit-viss @ 22/06/2007 15:13  

First taste of bikes, my friends older brother and his mates had the 50cc jobbies, used to go on the back over the sand pits, which ironically my house was built on ! We were SO BIG ! Mo hair jumpers, cord trousers, canvas and hessian wedges (very similar to the ones today) Playing out till it went dark then you went home.

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 22/06/2007 15:32  

i just want to say thank on behalf of all bikers my age to people like kwak for being there for us at that tender age in the 70's like when your just new borns . and for that if your ever in the same pub as me i'll buy you a beer kwak . heres to you . and this is also to all you single perants and mums and dads

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 22/06/2007 17:40  

Hey! I was only 12 in 1970, flamin' nora I aint THAT old *sob* *hissy fit*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 18:17  

And I was 10, Oh they were the days of innocence

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 22/06/2007 18:23  

i can remeber bay city rollers i even had the skool bag lol, maxi dresses n gypsy skirts ist time about big platform shoes(im slaggin off my mas wardrobe lol) skin heads n teddy boys fighting in brum city centre, IRA pub bombings in brum city centre, no all nite tele, most still in black n white, no breakfast time tele PUNK , Snaps being 5p a packet lol chips 16p a bag alf p[enny sweets and i was only born in 71 !!!!

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 22/06/2007 18:31  

oh yeah u cud let kids play out and they were safe, hardley any stories of dodgy pervs n kids who kill kids and quite a lot of bratian was still british!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 22/06/2007 18:33  

I wonder how today's young uns would cope without computers and mobile phones and txt spk

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 18:36  

they;d do there bloody home work lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 22/06/2007 18:37  

I'd forgotten about HOME WORK, mm maybe being a wrinkly aint so bad after all

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 18:39  

i remember bottles of milk at skool on break and milk moniters and teachers cud smack the kids i know cuz i sampled that bit lol

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 22/06/2007 18:41  

Spotted dick and custard, Jam roly poly and semolina pud!!!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 22/06/2007 18:46  

skool puddings were disgustin i hated semolina and blamonge ( i know that spelt wrong lol ) dinners were a lot more better than wot kids get now though

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 22/06/2007 18:49  

Barf! at semolina I hated school dinner when it was liver and onions then semolina for afters I went hungry when they were on the menu. I remember the dinner lady insisting I eat my SWEDE, so I used to mix it in with my mash and take a big swig of water to get it down...these days I LOVE swede and don't like it mixed in. I think it's called being a fussy sod, least that's what my mum used to call me

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 18:52  

|I remember my art teacher being a dirty old sod. Went to his retirement party a couple of years ago. God he was ancient!

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 22/06/2007 18:55  

PML my maths teacher, at my first senior school, was a perv, he'd make us stand on a chair to rub the chalk off the board then drop something on the floor just so he could look up our skirts when he picked it up. Made my skin creep.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 19:01  

Not good Kwak,is he still alive, I'd make a complaint and f**k up his life...... i'm not really bitter

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 22/06/2007 19:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email