MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

OMG ... Will he get the prison sentence promised?

OMG ... Will he get the prison sentence promised? - Forums [Biker Match] OMG ... Will he get the prison sentence promised? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

OMG ... Will he get the prison sentence promised?

Shocking video shows off road biker racing through streets of Manchester with three-year-old boy perched on petrol tank

Shocking footage of a biker pulling high speed stunts on an off road motorbike as a three-year-old boy clings on has been released by police.Ryan Ward, 23, careered through the streets of north Manchester on the scrambler with the little boy.

The child, who was not wearing a helmet, is seen straddling the petrol tank as Ward performs wheelies.The bike veered on and off footpaths at speed during the 16-minute journey.The scenes were captured by a police helicopter which chased Ward from above.

Officers in the helicopter observed him weaving through the streets and kept colleagues on the ground updated.The child’s ordeal ended when Ward realised he was being watched and dropped him off. Ward then pushed the bike through the streets before being arrested.

Ryan Ward, of Hilldale Avenue, Blackley, has admitted charges of dangerous driving and child cruelty following the incident on the evening of June 5 last year. He will be sentenced on November 22.

Another case where we hope the 'lengthy prison sentence' promised by the judge is just that ! This man was already banned from driving !!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/10/11/mot...-23482009/

Shows the police footage

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/10/2011 18:12  

jeez wot a plonka.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2011 19:09  

holy sh*t.. unbelievable

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 11/10/2011 19:09  

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1461...etrol-tank Some of the police footage, crap wheelies!

Update Reply
YID @ 11/10/2011 20:25  

You should see the longer version Yid ...It went on for 16 mins, the bloke is a total idiot & SHOULD (not convinced he will) get the whole library thrown at him never mind the book.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/10/2011 20:33  

makes you wanna punch the guy in the face... what an absolute tosser (excuse my german)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/10/2011 21:03  

LOL @ Matt ... If thats German hon ... you & I are both fluent in it cos the same thing went through my head only there was a in there after absolute

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/10/2011 21:18  

an absolute censored tosser? That doesn't make sense

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/10/2011 21:24  

I will whisper it to you this weekend when I see you

I will be keeping an eye on it tho for 22nd Nov as thats when he gets sentenced

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/10/2011 21:28  

Keep us posted, u know I'll forget to check his sentence

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/10/2011 22:11  

whatever his sentence - this is what I touched on in the other thread - He should not be allowed to hold a driving licence ever again - he has completely the wrong atitude to driving/riding.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/10/2011 00:36  

Don't think that will stop him T .. He was on a ban at the time of this offence :-(

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/10/2011 06:12  

This took place June last year.
Why has it taken so long to get to court?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/10/2011 08:40  

no a ban wouldn't stop him but theres two reasons why I would prefer permanent ban for people like this 1/ acts as a deterrent to other people 2/ driving while DQ'd gets an even more severe punishent - i.e. straight into prison, and if on release he is caught driving again - prison again - longer sentence.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/10/2011 12:09  

a ban will encourage reform... a lifetime ban will guarentee he drives without a licence in future. That also means no insurance etc. Just another problem on the road. Give someone a 3 year ban and at least they can work towards being a better driver/person, and they might just stay off the road for them 3 years (unlike this clown). Ban someone for life and they are just gonna say "oh well, might as well drive today cos I wont be given a licence ever again anyhow". Also, there's nothing stopping someone from going to France/Germant/Holland to get a driving licence which entitles them to drive in an EU country until it expires. I'm still using my UK licence in Holland

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/10/2011 12:58  

think we will have to agree to disagree Matt - but thanks to shows like Top Gear (and others) some people can't tell the difference between the playstation and real life where other members of the public can be affected, injured, even killed. I take my driving and riding quite seriously, and when I was instructing I paid through the nose to make sure I was legal and had all bases covered. People who flout the law and drive completely irresponsibly really *&^S me off. Most are a lost cause and frankly don't deserve a drivers licence - period like I said ban them - for good, and if they get the idea in their head that "I might aswell just drive cos I willl never get a licence" then its a prison sentence, then a heavier one, and then an even heavier one. no second chances - People are dying on our roads in large numbers - if the same amount of people were dying of a disease then the public would be in uproar if nothing was done. unfortunately the general public seem to take it as a personal insult if they are stopped due to their bad driving, although the general standard of the people stopping them (ie the police) is dropping too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/10/2011 22:34  

when me & the vmax wrote off a Transit / Renault van the driver was over the limit, previous bans & no licence, no insurance.. not the first time he'd been caught, obviously. £200~ fine, community service and no doubt back on the road, licence or no licence. I have no answer to the problem, sorry, just refreshing my desire to take out his kneecaps...

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 13/10/2011 14:23  

O poo. The thread you gave seems not to exit anymore. wanted to see crap wheelies

Update Reply
TonyG @ 02/01/2012 11:28  

Oh dear ajg, Was that a spelling mistake? From YOU? Did you mean "exist"? Or was that a deliberate spelling mistake oh wise one

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 03/01/2012 00:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email