MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bloody Winter has started!!!

Bloody Winter has started!!! - Forums [Biker Match] Bloody Winter has started!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bloody Winter has started!!!

Sorry to be very British and talk about the weather but...............winter has officially started in North Wales..............Hail stones size of blooming golf balls!!!! next it will be the snow. I cant believe it!!!!!!!!!! as victor once said..............had a bbq last Saturday! Poor Hettie may need an extra blanket tonight :-) Just thought id share with you peeps

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 18:35  

Ahhh... winter... the best time of year bar none
Snow and/or xmas... what's not to like? ;
A bit cold maybe (though often not) but you can always warm up
(Better than not being able to cool down in the summer)
Admittedly, lots of ice is not so good on two wheels, but definitely improves your riding/reaction skills

Course it could just be me lol

Update Reply
justjerry @ 06/10/2011 19:43  

I'm looking forward to it, Hopefully I'll have my KLR250 back on the road by then that'll be fun! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 20:01  

it got rather blustery on way home from work not nice

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 06/10/2011 20:07  

Bring it on! GPZ snowmobile with heated grips lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 20:10  

Like winter - you crazy kids - It's 'orrible and baltic - hate winter!! Have dug all of my tog clothing out already! thinking of going to work in my sleeping bag, still am looking forward to xmas - have ordered myself some sunshine in Lanzarote so that'll make up for it. (hope the runways don't ice up but don't mind if I can't get home)
Hope my pipes don't ice up again like last year - what a mare (ermm.. pipes as in house pipes that is!!)

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 06/10/2011 20:11  

Is it a mummy bag, cause if it is and you do you may look like a penguin lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 20:15  

think I can cope with a penguin look - they're quite cute really - it's better than my normal look like a

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 06/10/2011 20:19  

Better than looking like an idiot lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 20:31  

I'm sure the whole of the South will be fully prepared this year...

We'll have run out of grit by New Year, cars will be abandoned along the M3 and the airports will be SNOCLO yet again.

3 cheers and all that :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 21:44  

Lol, British winter planning at it's best. Let's not forget all the BMWs careering all over the place ;)

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 06/10/2011 21:52  

I read an article in Auto Express, a chap with a BMW wrote to his council to complain about the lack of grit and snow clearance down the unadopted road he lives on.

The council's advice? Change the car!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 21:56  

Blooming car drivers, its all about them.....hows about us bikers... grit, ice, snow, slush, wet leaves etc etc.... personaly I cant wait for spring... by the way we've had 4 lots of hail stones this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor little hettie, wish I could bring her inside x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 22:36  

Wet leaves and acorns/chestnuts are a nightmare and there's plenty of them lying around already.

Hail stones? :(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2011 00:10  

Yup hailstones and quite big ones judging from the lumps that were lodged down my laddies back pmsl...poor thing needs to toughen up! Shame my cat's decided to go and obviously move in with someone else though but have a sneaking suspicion a little old lady with a very convenient cat flap has cat napped him because I don't have a cat flap and he likes beds...

Thought my window was going to cave in with the golfballs but apparently it's lovely in Bournemouth though....

Update Reply
mizzi @ 07/10/2011 01:15  

sunny here and my washings out lol.
cue the rain!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2011 13:10  

Winter, hate it, hate, hate it Dark nights, cold, wet, and bloody miserable, But thats just me..... If i had my way i'd spend from about now till march in the SOF and only come back once it warmed up again, so probably about next August for about 2 hours then Had an epic 300 mile hoonabout on Sunday last and it was glorious, now it's all cold and 'orrible, really not looking forward to it !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2011 15:19  

Its all about your tyres stick knobblys on all bikes could be fun with ya sports bikes lol

Update Reply
JP @ 07/10/2011 18:40  

Just come back from Cornwall, with Nellie, weather wasn't too bad for October but the accommodation was well below standard and felt damp, being situated next to a mini forest didn't help. The up side was I got to see a few squirrels, rabbits and a toad, the toad jumped on Nellie's foot as he was walking along the path. lol It's cold here (Huddersfield)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/10/2011 00:15  

dark nights, short days, bad roads and bloody cold. not for me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2011 02:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email