MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

attendees lists are you for them or against them

attendees lists are you for them or against them (2) - Forums [Biker Match] attendees lists are you for them or against them (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

attendees lists are you for them or against them

Can standard members use the "contact us" button on the homepage to get their intentions known?

Update Reply
YID @ 06/10/2011 18:16  

That wont necessarily got to the event organisers Yid , only the MODS or Events team ... and some people who are not on either sometimes arrange things

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/10/2011 18:40  

I noticed when Pete (shawy) organised his run to Matlock he looked on events and added those that were not on the list Others have probably done the same and it seemed like a good idea Though i did have to tell him that i'd already added Joe so to not wait for another one ........Hb x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 06/10/2011 18:52  

Well it looks like most of the posts are in favour with the only issue being standard members, I know some people will not like this but is it to much to expect that standard member should pay a small membership fee to access the events, after all I have to pay a membership for the privilege of organizing the events and it also some times cost me as well so joining for a few weeks to access them should'n be to much to ask.

I shall now run for cover LOL

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/10/2011 10:47  

Bill,,,i think a lot of standard members do not know how cheap actual membership is,,,especially when discount codes are available... Often less than the price of 0ne alcoholic drink per week..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2011 11:16  

Your right bill think you should run for cover how can you ask a standard member to pay ?
As said it a cheap to join the biggest problem on here is thay don't get the right info when thay 1st join I think that we should have a standard reply to all that tells then who to contact in there area etc

Update Reply
JP @ 07/10/2011 11:28  

Exactly Crag the price of a pint

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/10/2011 12:51  

Well bottom line if you dont want to sift through a thread then don't. An attendance list is like a psychological contract it's proven that if you actually put your name down and commit to attend or commit to something you are more likely to do it.

It also assists the organiser in keeping tabs with just a look to the most recent thread. I have organised a weekend before and it takes enough time out of your life as it is without any extra list keeping etc...

Just be thankful people do go out of there busy lives to do it and stop manking over some list that is inconveniencing you finding some info, the event dates and times are usually promulgated anyway.... Some people tut tut lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2011 14:37  

Im easy

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 07/10/2011 17:07  

Well said John ..... whatever those big words meant pmsl ..... We know you are Sumo lol

Update Reply
jabecs @ 07/10/2011 17:14  

Ha ha Sumo easier than a dusky maiden at the docks lol... ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2011 23:38  

attendant list which i am all for but some person has put there name down to attend 4 events in one day ranging from the south to the north there going to be doing a lot of riding and not much seeing is the system able to let you only put one event per day, poor organises some are going to be let down by someones stupidity

Update Reply
apriliamad @ 09/10/2011 12:03  

The only issue with that Aprilia is that people do attend more than one in a day, only last week a few of us were at the roaches camp site and then at the stars of Darley motor races and as that finished fairly early we could have been at Matlock to see everyone and have a fish n chip tea.

Ok agreed it's not that often something like that happens but it does happen.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/10/2011 06:49  

hi shell how about liecester friskney bristol stafford and scotland bit spread out to do don't you think even over a w/end? steve

Update Reply
apriliamad @ 10/10/2011 07:32  

Does any one else have any thought on this

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 11/10/2011 00:43  

Has someone done that Aprilia?

Tho not practical (for me like to spend a wee bit of time in a place) it is doable over a weekend, I have done weekends with Ian on the bike where we have covered 800+ miles,

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/10/2011 07:38  

Shell / Aprilia Yes, and the culprit has been reprimanded by Matt. The attendees list has its uses. The standard members can add their names via 'contact a mod' for them to post.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2011 09:35  

shell/xk yes noticed his name has gone from lists has he been kick off site as cann't find him any where wops didn't mean to get any one in do do sorry steve

Update Reply
apriliamad @ 11/10/2011 17:58  

Think you may find he left when he was rumbled ?

Update Reply
JP @ 11/10/2011 18:00  

LOL ... I need to take more notice of the top 20 lists ... I seem to be missing it all at the moment ...

But yes I do understand why you asked the Q now Aprilia

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/10/2011 18:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email