MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Karma points

Karma points (10) - Forums [Biker Match] Karma points (10) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Karma points

No Kay ... the Nanns are busy knitting shreddies

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/10/2011 21:08  

very good lol love it

Update Reply
kaycat @ 12/10/2011 21:11  

Still don't get what all the fuss is about karma!! A lot of karma doesn't mean ur a decent person or even nice (thankfully I'm neither LOL)...just like no karma doesn't mean ur a bad person...

Surely it's not just about popularity? If there's any awards for doing a pretty good impression of roadkill feel free to vote for me coz I've pretty much got that one nailed lol

And top 20? As if!! Don't think I've ever been seen in the top 100 lol

Update Reply
mizzi @ 13/10/2011 00:25  

Matt, as a possible suggestion could you include how many views a particular post gets so that we can see where a lot of interest is being taken? It may help to inspire conversations on the forums?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2011 10:59  

sorry I had that in place in the past... but the sheer number of page views caused a problem. Everytime someone opened a forum page it had to WRITE to the database. For a split second (microsecond) this locks the database. We ended up with lots of deadlocks in the database when people couldn't open forum pages as someone else was writing etc.
So I'm afraid it's not possible, at least not without a major overhaul of the server infrastructure and redesign of the databases.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/10/2011 12:14  

No problem Matt, just a thought

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2011 12:16  

surely you only have to look at how many pages there is to gauge the interest

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/10/2011 23:13  

Yea that came to mind after a while Bill...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2011 23:22  

(I knit 'blonde' wigs for BM members, looks like I got a new customer, eh, Mark? ) Matt said: Oh, and any topic you start in the news forum (long or short message, doesn't matter) gets you a lot of Karma! I wondered why there were some news items by a few different people, not had much news for a while. I've been a bit preoccupied with 'work' and hospital.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/10/2011 01:33  

I know what you meen sandi there is alot now

Update Reply
JP @ 14/10/2011 22:10  

Haha! If anyone's thinking that of me, i started the 'bloke killed by deer' thread in the GENERAL forum, and some bugger moved it! I though it'd been deleted! And i think it was before the anouncement of the new karma rules, so ner ner na ner ner lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/10/2011 22:24  

Still don't get the karma rules and LOL Kwak! No it was nee nar nee nar... Sorry guys but I'm a bit giddy after being in the back of an ambulance blur lighting a patient to Preston hossy... Was wicked :-) lol

Update Reply
mizzi @ 14/10/2011 22:56  

How about renaming the Karma rating to Activity rating? You would not earn 'Karma' points, but 'Activity' points. I think this is a more accurate description.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2011 10:56  

Call it what you like... SOMEBODY wont like it. It's gonna stay as it is buddy... cos it's a good name for a good system. Anyone who doesn't like it now - tough.

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/10/2011 16:03  

Boss Man is being all manly again lol think he spent too much time with his gay friend this weekend :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/10/2011 16:16  

who was that gay friend ????

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 17/10/2011 16:45  

XK: "How about renaming the Karma rating to Activity rating?
You would not earn 'Karma' points, but 'Activity' points.
I think this is a more accurate description."

Makes a lot more sense, as that is what it reprsents. n/m

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 17/10/2011 19:00  

Mic, there was no gay bloke from Holland really. It's a joke about this photo... http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/297958_1...6875_n.jpg Colleague from Holland who came over with me. He was playing darts

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/10/2011 09:46  

I'm renaming Matt 'Mardy' Matt PML gowan, change the name of the rating to 'activity', ya know ya wanna, gowan gowan gowan (goes into hiding before I get one)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/10/2011 09:53  

Only problem with that is how do you define activity just being logged in?

Update Reply
JP @ 18/10/2011 14:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email