MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Spring camp on the Isle of Arran, Scotland

Spring camp on the Isle of Arran, Scotland (34) - Forums [Biker Match] Spring camp on the Isle of Arran, Scotland (34) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Spring camp on the Isle of Arran, Scotland

Hi,
been looking at all the pics and it looks a beautiful place to be. One of those pics looks to be of a mosaic, on a ceiling, but made out of pine cones?
Does anyone know what this is, who made it, where it is etc, as i'd love to know.

Many thanks if you can help.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2012 07:48  

PB its in the bavarian summer house at Brodick Castle - it is indeed made out of pine cones/acorns and seeds of all sorts. the ceiling and walls are decorated with them and they are glued in place. im sure if you google it you can find out much more.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/04/2012 08:37  

Kwakgirl, my thanks - off to look it up now.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2012 09:25  

Well what can I say....besides my gorgey man proposing on the beach at sunset on bended knee too and me saying yes after a few OMGs we had one of the best times ever. I know ive made some new friends who made me laugh so much I was aching (you know who you are so dont try and hide!!!). It was brilliant to see old and special friends and having a right blast in such an amazing setting (hats and tables spring to mind ). Arran is stunning, yes the roads are crap but who cares if you went too fast you'd miss how awesome the island truely is. Mega thanks to our wee Katie for arranging this camp, thank you for the gift babes Hugemungous thanks to Iain for keeping me upright after my little dip Giggley hugs to Jules for being blooming bonkers.....well she has a adoptive son....who is a highland cow called Hamish...nuff said!!!! Chuffed Sara met someone special Regardless of the weather etc this will go down in BM history as a good ole crack of an event Boingggggggg boinggggggggggggg To everyone we met, you were all such a cracking bunch and we're looking for ward to seeing you all again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2012 12:40  

That Kwakgirl is not just a pretty face....she takes a great photo too!
Cracking pics indeed luv!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2012 13:08  

well thanks OJ

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/04/2012 13:59  

I just want to say thanks to Katie for arranging this trip. The location couldnt have been better!!! Had fab time..met some lovely new people..one especially. The Isle Of Arran is a special place So pleased for you both Haze and Steve...Steve you are a true romantic... Im so happy I could burst!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2012 19:23  

Oooops...meant to say a big thank you to Brian.. you were brilliant with Georgia... a real gent...and another huge thank you...you matchmaker you I am a very happy girl xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2012 19:30  

well think i can safely say EVERYONE had a great time! Im still buzzin and still totally wrecked! lol XK i found that "pressie" you left in the pocket of my fleece - thanks!! gonna save it as its the only time your reaction was completely appropriate!!! lol by that i mean you shut the feck up...... for 5 minutes at least! hahaha

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/04/2012 20:30  

Big thanks to Katie for organising such a fab weekend and thanks to everyone else too.

Many challenges for us 125 learners from Kendal but we did it, not so sure I'd do a trip like that again on a 125 but hey ho you never know !!!!

I love Arran and would love to go back soon.

Thanks again to everyone especially Minnie, Laura and Josie.

Update Reply
Turtle20 @ 11/04/2012 20:51  

More photos uploaded....have a look we've got most of you guys and girls Still reminiscing about last week and wishing we were still there. Can't wait for next years Katie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2012 18:15  

and a few more pics courtesy of Phil... wishing we was still there too, good times

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 13/04/2012 21:26  

pics look great - looks like it's a loverly place Love the one's with the squishy highland cattle hiding in the bushes (& everywhere else ) Hazel - how the 'ell did you fit on the bike with all that stuff???

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 14/04/2012 07:38  

Hehe That'd be Hamish. He likes to get out and about a bit Stella. Although we do get some funny looks sometimes, and the occasional outright laugh.

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 14/04/2012 08:55  

Thanks to everyone who added pics to the calendar. 4 pages of 'em, wow!! Lovely. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=2581

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/04/2012 13:35  

HFG it was a tight fit xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2012 15:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email