MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Site moderators required

Site moderators required - Forums [Biker Match] Site moderators required - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Site moderators required

Myself and Di are looking for a "team" of moderators for the site. Everything is in place now, so we just need the team. No more than 3 people will be required. Only long-standing subscribed users need apply please. If you would like to become a site moderator, please send me a direct PM (DO NOT reply here). Me and Di will pick the most appropriate 5 people, and it will not be a first-come-first-served basis. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/06/2007 08:06  

To answer some questions I've received.... Duties will include, plus others.... Ban users Disable/Check profiles Ban IP addresses Check/Delete/Edit forum posts/Topics Check member photos Change a members "best" photo Delete a members MatchMaker alerts Enable users having problems activating accounts Add new "interests" to be selected on profiles Basically keeping an eye on thing, and liaising with each other when things go wrong. Moderators will not be required to maintain the chatroom, although you can if you want.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/06/2007 07:22  

Few applications already received - please keep them coming. Will leave this open for a few days before myself and Di confirm who will get the posts.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/06/2007 10:53  

I would Matt but I'd end up banning myself

Update Reply
Oggy @ 18/06/2007 12:12  

@ u oggy

Update Reply
RC @ 18/06/2007 12:17  

lol funny!

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/06/2007 12:20  

Hi Matt/Di thought i,d put my name up for a mod/admin i know i,am new to the site due to it took a while to settle down in one place but all sorted now and loving where i live, i,am admin already on a small forum (will give you the link if you like to see) and used to have my own forum site, i have around 5 years experience in running or being admin and mod or 2 diff forums but would love to be more involved in a biker forum,if you like i could give you the email of the founder of the site i,am admin of now she's a lovely person who is into bikes herself so i,ll let her know about this site as well and put a link to yours in our biker topic and i,am sure she would give me a glowing reference,i have loads of spare time on my hands and would love to help out, anyway have a think about it and let me know...all the best... lowrider69/al

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 20/06/2007 04:58  

opps sorry Matt i never seen the Only long-standing subscribed users need apply please... maby when i,ve been around a bit longer then but if you need me i,am here any way buddy

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 20/06/2007 11:34  

yea cheers for the offer matey, give me a shout soon. Made that mistake before of letting new members admin stuff - gets the backs up of longer term members. Plus theres loads wanting this role it seems :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/06/2007 15:06  

Lowrider,I agree with Matt admin/mod/overseer/whatever ya wanna call it isn't usually offered to newbies for reason Matt said, but you'd know that anyway you being a regular to forums. Matt, they must be the nuttier members then lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/06/2007 18:56  

I dont think it matters who as long as someone does that's the main thing. But someone with experience of this site and elsewhere would be more likely to spot someone out to make mischief LOL (as was the case in the chatroom a couple etc times) Di came to the rescue and sorted it out with perserverance and dignity lol. Its nice to be looked after xxxxs

Update Reply
earthwind @ 21/06/2007 06:12  

Thanks ew xx

Update Reply
Di @ 21/06/2007 13:38  

good to see you again Kwak long time no see seems a lot of people have come over to here starting to spot a few members i already know on here now i,ve had chance to look about and yeah i do love to chat on the forums i just wish i got an email letting me know when some one replys on a post i,am chatting on as i would know and reply quicker plus after a night on the beer i,ve for got which ones i was chatting on lol so haveing to look round for them... but i,am getting there

Update Reply
lowrider69 @ 22/06/2007 04:19  

lowrider, I hope the folk you mentioned 'coming over here' aren't the ones who gave me grief on a certain site that you and I used to be on. If they are then I will probably terminate my membership. I like bikermatch cos it's friendly and I'd like to think it will stay that way. I had enough of the bitchyness and back stabbing, on the other site, to last me a life time. Yea, it's a bit tricky keeping tabs on the threads. I don't think you'd like to get email telling you when someone has replied to them tho as it's pretty busy in here, lots of replies, your mail box would get jammed

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/06/2007 17:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email