MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

like this

like this  - Forums [Biker Match] like this  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

like this

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: - Knowing when to come in out of the rain; - Why the early bird gets the worm; ... - Life isn't always fair; - And maybe it was my fault. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies, don't spend more than you can earn and adults, not children, are in charge. His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility, and his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, & I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, do nothing

Update Reply
kaycat @ 22/09/2011 18:26  

sooooooooooo sad and soooooooooooooo true Kaycat

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 22/09/2011 19:47  

ditto

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 22/09/2011 20:27  

Bad day at the office, kaycat? Fear not, common sense lives on in all of us and we should never lose sight of it. Cheer up! You are amongst like minded people here and common sense will prevail.

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 22/09/2011 20:53  

Speak for yourself !! I have none ..........

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 22/09/2011 20:54  

But the world needs people like you, too! Green hair is cool. Wish I had some!

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 22/09/2011 21:05  

How true

Update Reply
lisaj @ 22/09/2011 22:48  

"Bad day at the office, kaycat?"
lol if i worked in the office it would be a dab day for everyone there lol

Update Reply
kaycat @ 22/09/2011 22:54  

bludy hell keycat. could'nt have put it better. totaly agree. have you found a dictionary

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2011 23:04  

cut and past lol lol lol

Update Reply
kaycat @ 22/09/2011 23:50  

I believe common sence does have a legacy tho Kay ...a son Also called common sence who is so peed off at how his dad was treated he is trying to fight back, just needs everyone's help :-)

How true tho your post is :-(

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/09/2011 05:11  

Lol, R.I.P. Common Sense. May his memory live on ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 23/09/2011 12:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email