MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Learner Rider Weekend

Learner Rider Weekend (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Learner Rider Weekend (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Learner Rider Weekend

Lisa I know getting into the idea even more so now,all of us will have such a blast and all be smiling loads from the experience.

Just makes it even more a pleasure to be here amongst great peeps.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2011 23:21  

Hi peeps I am going to make my trip to brid easyer and leave on Friday, does anyone know of a good B/B in or around huddersfield, This way I will not have to do m-ways all the way there.

Update Reply
highwayman128 @ 19/10/2011 07:15  

Sorry Highwayman, I don't know any

Update Reply
lisaj @ 19/10/2011 11:49  

sorry highwayman - I don't usually book any accom at Huddersfield - could try laterooms.com? Tcat (accomodation booked) L Lisaj (accommodation booked)L Sally (accommodation booked) L HippyRockChick (accommodation booked) L Siousxie (accomodation booked) L Josh YZF125 (will confirm) 321Johno(accommodation booked) potnoodles (accommodation booked) miles2smiles big bike group: Highwayman128 (accommodation booked)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2011 15:02  

Brrrr! Best dig my thermals out for the weekend

Update Reply
lisaj @ 20/10/2011 09:08  

Packing my thermals too, Lisa!
See you soon
xx

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 20/10/2011 20:18  

Booked a B&B in Doncaster, so to half my billy no mates tour, Lol

Update Reply
highwayman128 @ 20/10/2011 21:28  

One more day to go and sooooooooo looking forward to seeing you all again.............as for thermals think I best go buy some or end up frozen to the bike

Off to take my baby out today with mate to get some more practice in

Safe riding all

sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2011 08:00  

"Booked a B&B in Doncaster, so to half my billy no mates tour, Lol"

Highwayman - I know it's not exactly in Huddersfield (but then again neither's Doncaster lol!), but if you'd still prefer to crash at someone's house, then we have a reasonably nice spare room with a very comfy sofa bed?

You'd have to sort your own breakfast though lol!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/10/2011 08:14  

Thanks bud but will lose money now so I better go to the B&B, thanks again

Update Reply
highwayman128 @ 21/10/2011 09:14  

hope you all have a fantastic, fun & productive weekend! remember you're all in the same boat (no comments about it being a biking weekend please!), and i'm sure the nerves will soon disappear! dont forget to share the funny stories, of which there will be many, and hats off to Alan again for organaising such a great weekend xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2011 09:19  

I'm just jealous

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2011 10:40  

I wanna go!!! lol I'm definately up for the next one, so keep me posted.
Hope you all have a brill weekend

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/10/2011 11:27  

Just getting ready to set off for steady ride up to Sal's and over the moors!!!

See you later
x

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 21/10/2011 11:49  

Aww I'm too late, I've not read this thread for a while, Highwayman could have stayed at mine, I've just PMed him but then I read further and he's probably half way to his digs by now. Anyway the offer still holds for future ref' Hope you folk enjoy the ride out, safe journeys everyone. (What happened to Bugsplat (Steve) his name is missing from the list) Link to the calendar, will those who have dropped out please remove their name, cheers. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2560 Tcat (accomodation booked) L Lisaj (accommodation booked)L Sally (accommodation booked) L HippyRockChick (accommodation booked) L Siousxie (accomodation booked) L Josh YZF125 (will confirm) 321Johno(accommodation booked) potnoodles (accommodation booked) miles2smiles Big bike group: Highwayman128 (accommodation booked)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/10/2011 12:10  

sorry M off just finishged work now :@ will miss this :(

Link to the calendar, will those who have dropped out please remove their name, cheers.
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2560

Tcat (accomodation booked)
L Lisaj (accommodation booked)
L Sally (accommodation booked)

L HippyRockChick (accommodation booked)
L Siousxie (accomodation booked)
L Josh YZF125 (will confirm)
321Johno(accommodation booked)

potnoodles (accommodation booked)

Big bike group:

Highwayman128 (accommodation booked)

Update Reply
Mubz @ 22/10/2011 03:57  

the good news is they have all arrived in one piece and looking for beer - i'm sure there will be tales to tell (and probably more after the beer has flowed!!) xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/10/2011 19:31  

just like to say thanks to everyone - was good to see you all out this weekend. Glad the L riders enjoyed it and hope that its given you alot more confidence in your riding. I certainly could tell a big difference just from Saturday to Sunday even if you didn't think so yourselves. really proud of you for giving it a go
And thanks to Steve and Simon, all part of a great team effort so there were less veriables to worry about - thanks guys

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 23:26  

the feedback i have had has all been very positive - knackered but positive!!
congrats again to Al (tcat) for arranging it - i know there are several people hoping there may be another one, possibly early next year??what was the rain situation like having steve with you??!! lol xxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 09:09  

Thanks to Alan for organising the weekend and to Steve and Simon for coming along to help out, your efforts were really appreciated.

I just hope we have a few more good days before the bad weather sets in so i can get some practice in.

I've added some pics to the events page. Anyone else got any more?

Update Reply
lisaj @ 24/10/2011 18:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email