MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Learner Rider Weekend

Learner Rider Weekend (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Learner Rider Weekend (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Learner Rider Weekend

Thanks everyone for the interest - looking forward to this now - checked out and there seems to be live acts on at the Stirling Castle each weekend - but will still confirm whats going on. Think we have anough to help out on bigger bikes unless we have a mad rush of 125 riders joining up.
Again if there are enough big bike riders interested in riding out over there in a big bike group then would be good to meet up over there. but obvioulsy trying to limit the number of bigger bikes that are going along with the 125 riders as the weekend is aimed at them to get some riding in with those on similar bikes and experience. - looking to set off from Huddersfield around 1030am, but again if anyone wants to come over on the Friday night and crash then you would be welcome (give me a PM and let me know). Also those on the attendance list please check your inboxes for further info

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2011 15:23  

Room for one more??

Update Reply
Ho4701 @ 28/09/2011 16:01  

Indeed T-cat been to look at my poorly girl along with petepiper managed to get a part now trying to sort rest out....big thanks for the help and support means a lot and also mean can get some miles and experience finally

sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2011 19:19  

Hurrah for Sally's bike being (nearly) mended
Big thanks to T-cat for organising it

Stella, are you SURE you can't make it??

October is going to be fabulously busy with this, camping weekend and Halloween weekend wooohoooo

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 28/09/2011 19:53  

I used to work at Stirling Castle many moons ago when it was the Ship Ahoy! Can't wait to go back there.....

Update Reply
lisaj @ 28/09/2011 22:45  

Okay.. this is the best Idea I've read on here!!

Obviously.. as haven't even done CBT yet.. I can't come on this one but pleeeeeeeeeeease let me know if it happens again.. and if there are any nearer to Newcastle that would be even better!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 29/09/2011 11:25  

seems there are a few peeps interested on having a ride out to Brid on bigger bikes - so again if you want to make a 2nd list up for a bigger bike run out then feel free to use this thread and add your name to the list. um ah um (Hugh Grant type mumbline >>) not wanting to offend anyoone um ah um Be great to have a load of people for a night out in Brid, but keeping the two groups seperate on the road would be the better option bearing in mind the initial idea was to give the 125 riders on here a ride out where they aren't intimidated by bigger bikes. 22-23 October Attending: LEARNER GROUP Tcat L Lisaj L Karey L Sally if get bike fixed now L HippyRockChick (hopefully!) L Siousxie (depending on getting bike running) 321Johno potnoodles Bugsplat1961 L Josh YZF125 (will confirm) BIG BIKE GROUP your name here

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/09/2011 18:57  

22-23 October
Attending:

LEARNER GROUP
Tcat
L Lisaj
L Karey
L Sally if get bike fixed now

L HippyRockChick (hopefully!)
L Siousxie (depending on getting bike running)
321Johno
potnoodles
Bugsplat1961
L Josh YZF125 (will confirm)
Ho4701 (not 125 but only just passed)

BIG BIKE GROUP
your name here

Update Reply
Ho4701 @ 29/09/2011 19:37  

Would you be able to go over what we need to do on the bike for basic day to day maintenance. Cos I haven't got a clue

Update Reply
lisaj @ 04/10/2011 13:38  

I spoke to the lady at the guest house this afternoon and she'd like to know numbers by this Saturday.

She's got 2 single rooms 2 doubles and family rooms, she reckons she can squeeze us all in somewhere and would give us a 10% discount if we book and pay a deposit of £5 each!

So who's up for it?

I don't mind sharing if anyone wants the single rooms?

Update Reply
lisaj @ 04/10/2011 20:10  

22-23 October
Attending:

LEARNER GROUP
Tcat
L Lisaj
L Karey

L Siousxie (depending on getting bike running)
321Johno
potnoodles
Bugsplat1961

BIG BIKE GROUP
Miles (AKA Mubz)

Update Reply
Mubz @ 04/10/2011 23:28  

HI - yep I can go over basic machine checks etc aswell - (didn;t your CBT cover this, as it is part of the syllabus, but I don't mind at all) please feel free to ring Glentham Guest House to book rooms - can also use this thread to check if anyone want to share a room too Glentham GH - 01262 671180 (also if full - Lansdowne Hotel which is a couple quid more - 01262 604184)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2011 02:00  

sorry just another pointer - when you ring the guest house, can you let the landlady know you are going on the Learner Rider Weekend, just to give her an idea of who we are when we ring up? ta much

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2011 13:51  

sorry just another pointer - when you ring the guest house, can you let the landlady know you are going on the Learner Rider Weekend, just to give her an idea of who we are when we ring up? ta much LEARNER GROUP Tcat (accomodation booked) L Lisaj L Karey L Sally if get bike fixed now L HippyRockChick (hopefully!) L Siousxie (accomodation booked) 321Johno potnoodles Bugsplat1961 L Josh YZF125 (will confirm)Ho4701 (not 125 but only just passed) BIG BIKE GROUP Miles (AKA Mubz)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2011 13:55  

Well all booked so no bottleing out of it now just to sort back bracket
LEARNER GROUP
Tcat (accomodation booked)
L Lisaj
L Karey

L Siousxie (accomodation booked)
321Johno
potnoodles
Bugsplat1961

BIG BIKE GROUP
Miles (AKA Mubz)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2011 14:06  

Thanks tcat, we went over the basics of maintenance but it wasn't on my bike and I just like a refresher if that's ok

Well all booked so no bottleing out of it now just to sort back bracket
LEARNER GROUP
L Lisaj (accommodation booked)
L Karey

321Johno
potnoodles
Bugsplat1961

BIG BIKE GROUP
Miles (AKA Mubz)

Update Reply
lisaj @ 05/10/2011 20:27  

OOh I really wish I could join in on this one Yes, basic maintenance is covered on the CBT but there's so much information thrown at you it just doesn't sink in I was out with my mate on her 125 last week & her chain came off (eeeks!). Fortunately a good samaritan biker stopped and helped put it back on. He asked when we last lubed our chains? (mine was rusty too (eeeks eeeks!!)...we both had vacant looks lol. She's never lubed hers....I own a can of lube but the last time it was lubed was in July He was aghast and informed us we should be greasing em after we've been out 7 or 8 times.....well neither of us knew that but apparently we would have been told on the CBT Did you know that ladies ? I have sooooo much to learn lol Have fun xxx

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 05/10/2011 21:15  

@ Minnie can see the sales of lube going up now I cant remember a ruddy thing of my CBT apart from ya life checks .......BUT no doubt all be fine ................I hope

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 09:46  

All I got told on my CBT was to check that all lights, brakes, and horn were working before setting out! Nothing about lubing chains or anything
Will book today then I can't back out either. Happy to share. Fingers crossed for decent weather too

LEARNER GROUP
L Lisaj (accommodation booked)
L Karey

321Johno
potnoodles
Bugsplat1961

BIG BIKE GROUP
Miles (AKA Mubz)

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 06/10/2011 09:55  

I wasn't told about my chain either. I've just learnt as I've gone along. Good if you know experienced bikers, you can learn a lot.

Wish I was coming on this :-(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2011 11:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email