MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

mass demo on sunday

mass demo on sunday  (4) - Forums [Biker Match] mass demo on sunday  (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

mass demo on sunday

Didn't realise there was that many at Reading, never got to know what was happening at the back. Weather was good, looked a bit wet for the northern riders in the photos.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 25/09/2011 23:41  

has anybody seen any mention of this on the news at all?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 26/09/2011 08:04  

not a whisper

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 26/09/2011 10:15  

There was a bit yesterday, but it wasn't much

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 26/09/2011 10:18  

There was film on both of our local stations yesterday.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 26/09/2011 12:15  

I'd be surprised if it gets any national coverage - it's no secret that the media has been asked to give as little coverage to motorcycling as possible.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2011 13:41  

I saw it on the BBC news last night - they had footage of the bikes on the motorway but made no mention of the Range Rover that was cutting through them to change lanes in the footage!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2011 14:11  

http://news.google.co.uk/news/more?q=bikers+protest&...CC4QqgIwAA

Update Reply
marsey @ 26/09/2011 14:39  

Was that the same one that 'took out' a sports bike V???

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 26/09/2011 14:40  

I don't read the comic called the Sun, but they had an article on page 2, at least they didn't hide it where it wouldn't be found.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 26/09/2011 19:28  

Around 300 from M3 Fleet Services going Southbound with huge support from peeps on bridges an overpasses. Even had old Bill waving to us (prob had camera's in their hands .. nah !! I'm not cynical ) and the force hellychopter was out an about too......... Good grin it was Huge tailbacks but we were down to around 30 mph at times ooopps heehee

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 27/09/2011 09:13  

Next time we have a protest ride, let's make damn sure we include the roads outside the media offices!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2011 18:05  

Good thinking XK...and we'll have a bigger placard too (if I can hold it!!)

I have some "fair-weather" biking friends who had no idea of the protest in spite having been held up on the M62 (in the car!!). I find it incredible that there was so little coverage..is that truly what happens to biking news?? Does it really just get shoved to the side unless one of us happens to be killed by a crap car driver?? I'm flabbergasted by the lack of interest.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 29/09/2011 19:49  

Me too Alice. I bought our local rag the Westmorland Gazette today cos photos were taken for the wezzy Gezzy before our lot set off on Sunday Now NOTHING newsworthy ever happens here, but can't spot any mention of the demo at all! A lady who scooped the jackpot in the 'spot the dog' competion (£1800) did however make the front page, There was also a full page on 'dumped terrapins causing turtle mayhem' as discarded reptiles bite the legs of ducks in lakes and rivers....I like ducks and care very much about them but honestly

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 29/09/2011 20:48  

Clearly, word has gone out from Big Brother to the media DO NOT REPORT THIS EVENT

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/09/2011 21:03  

Any comment via MAG ??

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 01/10/2011 20:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email