MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Newsletter editor required

Newsletter editor required - Forums [Biker Match] Newsletter editor required - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Newsletter editor required

I am looking for a volunteer editor for the BikerMatch newsletter/ebulletin that never gets sent out. The volunteer would be required to write regular emails to be sent out, which would include items such as a welcome to new members, news from the biking world, website updates, etc. If anyone has the time to spare to write one email every 2 weeks then I would be really grateful for your help. Someone with a better grasp of the english language than me would be great lol. Thanks everyone

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/06/2007 11:36  

Lol you aint been out of England THAT long, nowt wrong wiv yur English. If no one else is daf...er..volunteers I could do it, not sure about the 'news from the biking world' bit tho, most bikers already know where to get their news from, and not sure what 'webiste updates' entails but you can enlighten me. Anyway if ya get desperate let me know, admin is what I usally do when I've got a job

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/06/2007 21:05  

just scribble some points down from MCN or the mags etc. say hi to new members who have been active. Encourage people to get back online who have been off for a while by starting new discussions in the forums, then prompting people to join in with them in the email. Website updates - sure you will know about them. Its an excuse to get an email to our members, as people often forget to pop back in if they've been away for a while. An email is a nice gentle reminder that we're here, plus everyone's situation changes and the site may appear more appropriate to them today than yesterday etc. See where im going with this? lol. Doesn't have to be on a specific date etc, just whenever possible.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/06/2007 07:42  

I think an email to newbies would be on a random basis, wouldn't it? with people joining randomly, if you see what I mean. Newsy/reminder email to members in general would be better monthly,what do others think?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/06/2007 08:52  

yea monthly is cool. Re the new members, i mean if JohnSmith joins and gets "involved" in the site then it would be nice to have a "And a big welcome to...x, y and z" in the email.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/06/2007 08:57  

Ah yes, a mention in the monthly email of who's recently joined, nice idea.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/06/2007 09:05  

I'm no good at editing but I can help out the new editor with some content for the mail. I get very bored at work at this time of year so each month I read Ride, Bike, Fast Bikes, Performance Bikes, Motorcycle Sport and Liesure and I also try and get MCN each week. I could do a basic round up each fortnight of the mag / paper news. I am also a big fan of MOTOGP and World / British Superbikes so I could provide fairly up to date info on the racing scenes too. If thats of any use then just PM me. I'll be happy to help out.

Update Reply
valerossi46 @ 18/06/2007 09:18  

If I do the editor-ing lol I'd welcome that rossi cos I don't follow the WSB GP or BSB at all and aint really into sports biking. Cheers Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/06/2007 09:23  

No worries - you are more than welcome. PM when the time comes and I'll see what I can put together for you.

Update Reply
valerossi46 @ 18/06/2007 09:26  

If you want I dont mind getting info to you kwak - whereas i not really into sports scene - I do get MCN and other bike mags regularly saving you getting the info kwak.

Update Reply
Istaqa @ 18/06/2007 09:30  

you can just be a real editor and EDIT the bits you want

Update Reply
Istaqa @ 18/06/2007 09:31  

lol @ 'be a real editor and edit the bits you want' cheers Issy, I don't know if it's going to be me tho, waiting to see if anyone else is daf...er volunteers. Like I said to Matt I'm not sure news on the sport biking world is needed really as most folk keep up with it anyway if they're interested. As you and rossi said yourselves you buy the mags, so will others. The content will be up to Matt, thankfully lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/06/2007 09:41  

everyones help would be great. Maybe each month people can submit snippets of news and content they want in the newsletter to the editor, then the editor can just compile the mail. 2 others have applied for the post in a PM directly to me. Applications still welcome for all the new staff vacancies ive posted up. Keep them coming as I will decide who i think is most suitable in about a week. Some people aren't online often so i have to give everyone a chance to apply.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/06/2007 10:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email