MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Attendees list for the Roaches camping weekend

Attendees list for the Roaches camping weekend (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Attendees list for the Roaches camping weekend (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Attendees list for the Roaches camping weekend

Yes it's true, people do put their names down on events for the Karma and even before the Karma was introduced people did this as it made them look like they've done or are doing a lot of events over the year, but I agree with XK on this one, if people know they are definately not able to attend an event where there is a limited number then they need to remove themselves from the event. It's common courtesy and makes it less of a headache for the organisers. You can still do this after the event, just click on the 'Remove me from this event' button, this will also help when people are trying to match up names to photos.

Update Reply
Karey @ 04/10/2011 15:57  

Spot on Karey, my point exactly And Boss Mom, your observation about the Xmas party is well taken. There were a couple of places at The Roaches to be had were it not for peeps 'booking' but not turning up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 17:17  

It's just selfish bloody-mindedness with some, they have absolutely no intention of turning up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 17:32  

So we will see, they have had fair warning

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 17:46  

Just one thought (Devils advocate here) ... The original event was removed from the calender & only placed back up when it was taking place but as the old event not a new one.

As the attendees list clearly stated that the 'new list' was closed & only those who were on that list could go ... some people may not now be looking at this thinking that the only people who would have been listed would have been the ones who were 1st listed on the thread. ..

Also some dont come to the forums as they are only standard members so cannot post so would not know the history behind it.

I know this is an exception, where it was a small(ish) gathering, however I have been to places (Darley moor last weekend for example) where I did not see a single BM'er & had I not spotted HFC & Al leaning against the fence as we were going back to the car would not have known that anyone from BM was there. So its not always a case of, because no one has seen you, you have not gone !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/10/2011 17:48  

As the person who organised this event, I am starting to take exception to all of this. I managed this situation the best that I could. Prior to the event being removed from the events board, I took a note of everyones name (those that were on it at the time) that had said they were camping (not just coming over to say hello), and I pm'd them to establish if they were still interested in camping. Due to the over capacity, I spent a huge amount of my time trying to find an alternative campsite, which I did. However, that site was 8 miles away from the Winking Man and the food at the pub was considered to be very costly. To cut a long story short, I put up the attendees list and kept in contact with those that had said that they wanted to camp. The decision was made to cap the numbers so that we could keep to the original campsite and Sandi told me that she would reactivate it so that people could upload photos after the event. XK, when you do your count up, which I know you will, there was a limited headcount of 20 people. You will find that there were actually more than 20 people camping at anyone one time over the weekend. So it is inaccurate of you to say that there were free spaces. Unless of course, more people left on the Saturday that I am not aware of. Can I please ask, if anyone has any issues with any of this, can you please pm me instead of posting it all on here. I am more than happy to respond to your questions.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/10/2011 18:31  

I know its hard to organise things, however all I was saying was in reply to XK, BM & Kaz, restricting it to only those who posted ... or were able to post in the forums cuts out those members who may only be standard members and so not visit the forums cos they cannot post in them, but had wanted to go to the origional camp & thought it had been cancelled full stop cos it was no longer on the events ... may not realise that it went back up

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/10/2011 19:04  

Like I said, I pm'd everyone, standard member or otherwise. Standard members can and do reply to a pm. I am not happy that this event is being used as a 'scape goat' for the really issue and the real gripe that people have. As far as I can tell, those that attended had a great time.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/10/2011 19:06  

Well Ian & I certainly did even tho we were only there for a short time, it was great to catch up with friends

As for anything else ... don't know & don't want to get involved

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/10/2011 19:15  

The gripe that some people have is; there are members that constantly put their names down for events and then at the 11th hour, 'cry wolf'. The Roaches camping weekend thread, is not IMO the place for this gripe. I consider that it puts out a poor message to members of the site especially new ones. Like I politely asked earlier, please take the gripe somewhere else and pm me if you want me to answer any related questions. If that's not possible to do, I shall ask for the whole Roaches thread to be removed.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/10/2011 19:20  

It woud be a shame for the entire post to be removed as the point being to hightl those who abuse the site

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 20:10  

Perhaps you can be teacher XK and take the class register, then get headmaster to remove the offenders!

I would like to thank Trish for all her hard work in trying the impossible task of pleasing all, I for one had a wonderful if not tiring time, thank you Trish, well done!

Update Reply
YID @ 04/10/2011 20:58  

Yes YID, I do wish to note the offenders, then p'haps, they will think twice before 'offending' again, I had a great time, my only regret was that some peeps couldn't make it, due to the selfishness of others! I note BL's comments. This is to obliviate future such issues.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 21:28  

To the best of my knowledge and refering back to my many lists, (I like lists), there was only one person who didn't manage to get a camping pitch on Friday, can't vouch for Saturday. I had a conversation with said person's partner on Saturday morning and he fully understood the restrictions, and had no problem, so I can't see any problem. I am sure that I can get confirmation of this statement, but as mature adults, I am confident no one will ask me for it....will they!!!!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/10/2011 21:42  

Better put me at the top of your list of offenders then xk Sorry, was ill but it's hard to plan for that Yes, there are serial signers-up but people also have to drop out at the last minute for all sorts of reasons...it's called having a life

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 04/10/2011 21:42  

So why do these peeps not take their name off the list?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 22:09  

XK, IMO, you have now over stepped the mark. May I suggest that you leave this alone now as you are making yourself look very silly in public. Time for this negativity to stop. Any MOD wanting to step in, please feel free to do so.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/10/2011 22:12  

XK you have made your point. This thread is not the one to raise such issues on. I suggest you post something in the BM website help/issues forum so that Matt can address any issues you have in relation to this.

Consideration should be given to Trish and all the hard work put into the event.... thanks

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 04/10/2011 22:32  

Ok - for Trish's sake, I will raise this issue elsewhere.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 22:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email