MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Your favourite road…

Your favourite road… (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Your favourite road… (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Your favourite road…

All of them - as long as I am on me bike I really dont care...its all good

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 17/09/2011 06:27  

:-) @ pot yep, the next one is my fav, or maybe the one after that....? (actually is it nice to have favorites? my brothers tell me its not nice to say my younget niece is my fav! so how can it be ok to do that with roads?)

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 17/09/2011 20:31  

There's a certain goat track running alongside the Black Mountains which is def not my favourite!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/09/2011 21:17  

a long time ago it used to be the road from brotton to saltburn. its changed now. it was short, fast, with good bends and a little jump.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/09/2011 23:34  

M20 to Dover, and the chunnel, cos' it's the one that takes me away from this pot hole, crap driver, infested too expensive to live, pit i call home
Other than that, the road between my house and work which i love or hate in equal measure, dependant on; If i'm on the bike or in the car... and what if i'm actually working or not. The Route Napoleon, La Gar Freinet, France, or any twisty road in France will do Parts of the A272 Sussex/Hampshire

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2011 08:09  

This weekend I drove a transit van (lol) to Edinburgh from Cumbria. We did the A701 up though Moffat and the borders and what a crackin road it is. Whopping great scary natual hole in the ground called the Devil's Beef Tub, source of the river Tweed and tantalizing views up valleys. A few potholes but not too bad, couple of dead foxes, not many cars and a few bikes out having fun D290 from Vallon Pont D'arc following the course of the Ardeche river till it joins the Rhone. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the road that runs alongside the Tarn. I think that road is awesome too, running alongside the river in the valley bottom so you've got the walls of the tarn gorge towering above you. But the D290 hugs the upper rim of the canyon with the Ardeche river winding away below you....and wind it does, cutting though glowing white limestone. There's loads of places to stop and have your breath taken away by the stunning views....and loads of smooth lovely dark grey tarmac with no potholes. It's heavenly...few piccys in my France 2010 album

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 18/09/2011 22:51  

'AM currently trying to write up about our tour of Spain (it's taking a while!) But I would say 90% of the roads we went on down to the South of Spain & Back up again were bleedin' AWESOME!' (quote) I would have to agree with the above but would add the m/way from Santander to Leon in North West Spain is a fantastic ride too! Few police and hardly any cameras unlike the East of Spain (Costa areas). Try also Leon to The National park in North West Portugal (Peneda Geres) Twisties, straights, good surfaces and little traffic outside of the towns. I found a good hotel in Leon for 23 euros a night, and camped the rest of the time. Signposting is not so good off the major routes (and sometimes on the major routes!) so you will get lost, but adds to the fun unless you have to reach the ferry. I was in this area in August the Portugese holiday season and there was still little traffic. If you travel off season the 24 hour ferry journey for a return ticket can be had for about £300 - well worth it if you want or need to by-pass France.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 19/09/2011 10:53  

Can't wait to read about the trip Rattay
But have you got those phase diagrams finished yet?!!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/09/2011 20:42  

Not writing up my trip, Quote was from Holmfirthgirl. Haven't got time at the moment for a write up Too busy with phase diagrams! If you are able to find 'Parque de Campismo de Cerdeira', in 'Campo de Geres' in the national park of Peneda Geres in North West portugal (in the Minho area) you are doing well! E: info@parquecerdeira.com Seriously this is a great campsite with lots of shade, good price for tents (better than UK) great restaurant and snackbar on site and some serious mountain roads surrounding the whole area. (nearest petrol about 15 miles, in Paredes-Rio Caldo, over lake bridge and 500m on right )

Update Reply
Rattay @ 22/09/2011 10:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email