MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

HELP... Boots sprung a leak.

HELP... Boots sprung a leak.  - Forums [Biker Match] HELP... Boots sprung a leak.  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

HELP... Boots sprung a leak.

My boots have sprung a leak and I need to buy a new pair.

A hole has appeared on the bottom which is not repairable. They were only cheap ones from fleabay and would now wish to get a decent pair.

Can anyone recommend a good make without it costing me the earth. I have seen a pair of Hein Gericke thats been reduced to £92.

Are these any good?

Please can anyone help as I have no clue about whats good or bad..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 18:48  

Personally I dont like 'Bike boots'. I tend to go for high top Cat work boots. They are equally comfortable for riding, walking, and climbing on roofs(my job).

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 19:03  

Hein Gericke do what they call an 'all day' boot. They don't cost the earth and I have worn mine all day without any discomfort. Good on the bike and you can walk in them too!

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 06/09/2011 19:22  

@ Slidy, Just looked for some cat boots on their website but they dont have high ones in my size. Infact the womens arnt big enough for me
Even the mens size dont have the high ones I want..

@ pistonbroke72. The ones Ive seen are the Bullson Maddox Boots that are on their website.. They look comfy. There is a store near me so may pop over tmrw to try a pair on..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 19:32  

Autburgs not spelt right hay ho,a bit dear but 100% water proof and comfy

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 06/09/2011 21:23  

I would recommend hein gerick boots, had mine over 10 years and still waterproof

Update Reply
46kittykatt46 @ 06/09/2011 21:30  

As Sumo says Alt-Berg, not cheap but can be totally refurbished when needed, they are like new when you get them back. I've used mine like welly boots when fishing in Scotland no water gets in.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 07/09/2011 19:19  

Plus Altberg can hand cut the calf or whatever when you have a "those must be the biggest calves I've ever seen" moment!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 08/09/2011 13:09  

try one of the big bike shops near you - they may have some boots that are discontinued from last season - may be able to pick em up for about £30 - failing that a decent pair of motorcycle paddock boots like Blytz for about 25-30 quid

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2011 13:47  

You could always have a rideout to the BMF tailender on saturday. There'll be plenty to choose from there.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 08/09/2011 14:06  

Oooh Weirdo!! Shame on you! Surely she can't have a ride out to the BMF on Saturday because every single BMer (that's Bikermatch-er not Bum-mer!) should be at the KISS rally!!

Except I won't lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 08/09/2011 19:17  

Altbergs definitely the way forward

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2011 21:30  

a pair thats waterproof and fit YOU. I have alpinestars SMX plus love them but not cheap and dont suit everyone

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 10/09/2011 21:05  

altbergs are ok,,,but the lace up ones for bikes,,,think the ordinary biker style ones look a bit naff,,,and not all are waterproof,,,all info is on thier website,,,and costs ££££££,,,,but for a really nice ride out thier factory is in richmond,,,just of A1 at scotch corner,,,a great place for a visit,,,and get feet measured as well,,,including half sizes and most widths !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2011 21:30  

I hear plaster of paris boots are quite good Debs...Though not quite waterproof...Get well soon girl

Update Reply
old red @ 13/09/2011 16:32  

Even the best boots won't save your ankle if you can't control your right wrist! Wot a plonker! ps get well soon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2011 18:19  

Hey Debs, just had a mailshot from M&P they are doing fully waterproof Raptor sports boots for £45

Update Reply
harry worth @ 19/09/2011 19:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email