MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

German Fling 2012

German Fling 2012 (33) - Forums [Biker Match] German Fling 2012 (33) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

German Fling 2012

Home safe and sound - just under 2,000 miles for me, but what a pasting the bike took! Think I will need more horses before I go again. Chicken strip still intact even after 3 laps of the ring - perhaps I need to follow John Purse next time - NOT!!! Chris - thanks for all your fantastic efforts in organising this fantastic trip - you will be seeng me again! To everyone else on the trip - great to meet you all!! What a brilliant time - sorry to the other guys I was sharing with for falling off the top bunk when you were all in bed, ... I will find out who took the photo of me having a nap between the bikes - Sandi, can you tag me from those??

Update Reply
britsingle @ 06/05/2012 11:07  

Hi Guys :-)

Firstly a big thank you to Chris who did a fantastic job & with such a large & unruly group!!!!! Haha
My first trip abroad & what a fantastic time, beautiful Guest House In Germany with amazing roads to explore & great people to share It with.
I will be defiantly looking to go again & would highly
recommend it

Thank you again Chris & it was great to meet some lovley new peeps who I hope see again :-)

Ps still living the dream in Sussex for a couple of days so pics up next week although with all you guys having put yours up prob won't need to do many, if anyone wants any PM me & we can sort something out :-)

Update Reply
AdsGS @ 06/05/2012 11:36  

Many thanks chris for all your efforts had a great time with all you guys, looking forward to riding out with you all again. Gave the bike the beans on way home sorry for leaving you all after 8hrs sat on that saddle i was getting numb bum and needed to get home. Only to find my cat had dragged a moor hen through the cat flap and it had shat all over my house agggrr i wouldn't mind but id had the carpet fitter in putting new carpet in through out the house whilst i was away.

Update Reply
thegasmen @ 06/05/2012 11:40  

Hey guys thank you for a great time. I will be adding my pics and videos as soon as I get some time. Was great meeting all of you!

Update Reply
Edinburgh Saffie @ 06/05/2012 15:37  

Well guys what can I sayWhat a fab group and glad you had a good time as hard to keep that size of group happy No one came grumbling to me (apart from the thunder) so all good for next year.I'm very appreciative of the comments and the ferry gathering I don't really know what to say at those type of things...as opposed to ordering people around all week I will be running another tour(s) next year under the BM banner so maybe see you then. For the ones who didn't go just have a look at the pics and see what you missed. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=2597

Update Reply
madscots @ 06/05/2012 17:41  

wow , i can't stop grinning what an absolutely fantastic week with brilliant , fun people there's only one more thing to say ... "doon the hatch and up yer kilt" well done Madscots , another successful trip

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2012 22:10  

Sandi, can you tag me from those?? britsingle, I can't tag anyone. We can only add our own tags in photos. If you have tagged yourself and decide you don't want it just click on the tag again and it will disappear.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/05/2012 22:36  

Lovin the photos. Looks like you all had a good time, Germany's great to visit!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2012 23:29  

Hi all,

What a fab week and a fab bunch of people

Bike all cleaned and lubed like a new one.....just ordered a set of Akrapovic exhausts after hearing Toots beast!

Have a few photos to upload but lost a load when my SD card shagged up

Thanks again everyone, especially Chris for a great week

John

Update Reply
johnpurse @ 07/05/2012 11:08  

Trip from Edinburgh to Ferry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8toZvK5Be0&feature=youtube_gdata

Update Reply
Edinburgh Saffie @ 07/05/2012 13:11  

Try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8toZvK5Be0&feature=...tube_gdata Very good vid, didn't like the music tho, not my taste. Any chance of slowing down the text?, I can read pretty quickly, being hard of hearing I use subtitles on the telly so I'm used to it, but it went a bit fast for me. Nice to see a vid as well as the photos

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/05/2012 14:09  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8toZvK5Be0&feature=...tube_gdata

Dunno what to say Saffie as the end remarks are spot on and was my pleasure from my part

Always helped by a kiss for luck of Crimmy at the start as I was nervous about the whole trip due to so many bikers

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=2597

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/05/2012 14:30  

Awwwwwww Saffie

The last part of the vid really touched my heart

It was lovely meeting you and making lots of new friends.. What a fantastic week with a bunch of crazy but loveable biker friends.. I couldn't have asked to be with a nicer bunch of people.

Thank you also Chris for an awesome week... I need to go back to Germany soon as Toots & Angela were the perfect hosts...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/05/2012 16:38  

Wow what a trip!!
I would like to thank Chris for his contribution to my new found nervous winky twitch lol weyhey and for the twisty 105 miles in as many minutes lol I also want to thank all you lovely but mental bikers with whom I shared a crazy week of fun and laughs and I hope to meet you all again on the road somewhere soon Debs...hope you have restocked on Jaffa's for the next time we meet lol Big hugs to y'all xx

Update Reply
VFRSue @ 07/05/2012 18:05  

Just looked at pics looked like you all had a good time

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 07/05/2012 19:37  

To Chris and and all who rode the Germany trip 2012. The pics are fantastic and i am sorry i coudn't join you guys you this year. Looking forward to next year when circumstances can be different. Best wishes to you all and hope to see you next year Ed

Update Reply
Ducati Ed @ 07/05/2012 20:51  

wow dont know where to start

chris im still deciding weather you love me or hate me lol but ether way top job for both you and linda was a total blast, best trip ive done yet for so many reasons, if you will have me again would defo be up for it again next year

To each and every one of you, spending that week with you lot was an absolute pleasure, not just saying that but i do mean that and the memory's will stay with me for a very long time

sorry i wasent with yous for a lot of the time, before we left my head wasent in the best of places and i needed some alone time but to ride those amazing roads and have the warmth of everyone upon return every night helped me more than yous will ever know

so big shout out to the best group of people ive ever met

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 07/05/2012 21:46  

Hi to everyone who was on the trip

Hope you all arrived home safe

What a fantastic trip it was too

Chris, you did a brilliant job

I have never been on an organised trip before and i can say "hand on heart" what a fantastic week i've had.
And what a great bunch of people to meet and be around.

The week went by too quick

I will be trying to come on the next trip to Germany

And John
Thanks for letting me tagging along for me to get to Devon
your directions were spot on

Update Reply
buxton @ 07/05/2012 23:11  

WOW!!!!! What else can I say, what a brilliant week. Excellently organised (5 Stars, congratulations Chris) excellent location (5 Stars, what a beautiful area) excellent Hotel (5 Stars, we need MotorHotels in the UK) and last but not least excellent company (5 Stars, what a brilliant group of new friends).

All I need to do now is get my legs to do as they are told (rearsets and touring do not go together), I need another bike perhaps a Wing with a bike trailer (LOL).

Update Reply
bikerpete123 @ 08/05/2012 09:07  

Link to the event photos on the calendar http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=2597

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/05/2012 11:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email